Too short?

It was nice getting some new SP stuff from A:AC, but did anyone else think it was a little bit on the short side?

I know that the main game is big enough on it's own, but I thought as a story on to itself it could have been maybe just a little bit longer.

It was nice getting some new SP stuff from A:AC, but did anyone else think it was a little bit on the short side?

I know that the main game is big enough on it's own, but I thought as a story on to itself it could have been maybe just a little bit longer.

I agree. A lil bit longer would be nice. Maybe put in Catwoman too but I think it was alright. Now I can back to MP3.

I would have still been fully satisfied despite the two-hour length if there had been another hint towards a sequel at the end, but seeing as, as has been said, it leaves you in the exact same place as at the end of the main game, I did feel a little disappointed.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed it a lot while it lasted, so even having played through it already and therefore knowing how short it is, I can safely say that I would still have paid the full 800 Points for it even if I had already known about the length.

the only thing good i liked in this dlc was u get to play as robin and everything else wasnt very good. Their was no twist no no drama and harley is such a bad villain, i really thought she was going to good in this one.

I actually thought she was quite a believable villain; the part about halfway through where you discover her giant monument to the Joker was a bit disturbing, and seemed to reflect her descent into complete madness quite nicely. Oh, and the plot regarding why she lured Batman and Robin into the steel mill in the first place was good - not something most people would have trouble thinking up, but good nonetheless.

She would definitely struggle to hold up an entire sequel as the main villain, as a lot of people initially suspected before the DLC was announced due to the post-credits secret, but as a DLC villain she wasn't half bad, and it definitely compensated for her minimal role in the main game.

I'm not sure why everyone is complaing. Rocksteady even said it was about a 2 hour game and they never said anything about this pushing the story forward for the next game.

yes they said that, but i thought we we getting more than go here, here, beatup these guys, go here, end of dlc. and it was wayy too overhyped. this dlc should be like 4-5 dollars max.

MicroCool is right. They delivered everything they promised.

Some people just can't be pleased. Everyone says "We want DLC..." so they put out challenges maps. Everyone says "We hate challenge maps, give us story DLC..." so they put out story DLC. Everyone says "It's too short/no twist ending/no spoilers for the next game!"

Pfbbbt!!! Go pay $20 for COD maps or $40+ for Gears 3 weapon skins.

MicroCool is right. They delivered everything they promised.

Some people just can't be pleased. Everyone says "We want DLC..." so they put out challenges maps. Everyone says "We hate challenge maps, give us story DLC..." so they put out story DLC. Everyone says "It's too short/no twist ending/no spoilers for the next game!"

Pfbbbt!!! Go pay $20 for COD maps or $40+ for Gears 3 weapon skins.

I think everyone would have been a whole lot happier just if the price was lower; the Robin and Nightwing bundles each cost 560 Points, a spot-on price because they each offered hours of extra gameplay but didn't really add anything new besides a couple of new maps and different combat techniques, so I would have expected the same kind of price for this, which adds brand new content (and really enjoyable content at that), but only lasts for a couple of hours.

As I said in another thread, it's not quite as bad as the pricing for the Mass Effect 3 DLC 'From Ashes', which charged the same price of 800 Points but for a single mission that lasted approximately half an hour, not even of the same quality as many of the missions, and that could only be replayed by starting a new profile. The one lasting thing it offered was a new character, who was admittedly very cool, but to be honest that's effectively the same as getting a cool new skin in Arkham City. So based on those standards, people haven't got much to complain about here :L

• 1 month later...
DLC, was a bit disappointing. "3 hours of new content" Pshh, try 45 minutes.

I still think people need to realize that all of the voice talent had to be re-hired, scripted, had them do the different takes, draw up all of the cut scenes...this was quite a bit of work that went into an admittedly short side story, but lots of work went on behind making this. This DLC was basically fan service for people complaining about all of the challenge maps.

I still think people need to realize that all of the voice talent had to be re-hired, scripted, had them do the different takes, draw up all of the cut scenes...this was quite a bit of work that went into an admittedly short side story, but lots of work went on behind making this. This DLC was basically fan service for people complaining about all of the challenge maps.

All of that could've been done, with just a little more play space added. That was my main problem. I don't mind so much how brief and insignificant the story felt in itself - what I hated was how none of the gameplay felt meaty, involved, or unique. Robin was a brief new take on the same mechanics we've used hundreds of times by now. As far as "new" content goes, we basically just got a new facility.

For me, this would have felt acceptable as a piece of the game. It would have been a stellar piece if they gave Harley her own turf somewhere in the main game and had all of this go down. But to charge $10 for it to be the last story-driven piece of content we get from this game is just not acceptable. Price point is hardly an issue, to be clear, but it's the principle of the thing - I hate being sold content that leaves a sour taste in my mouth for a more-than-stellar game for a relatively exorbitant amount of money. Voice actors, cutscenes, whatever - other developers do this stuff and they do it better. Why can't Rocksteady? It's mediocre DLC for an amazing game, and that alone makes it really disappointing.

For me, the bottom line of DLC content that's not skins, maps, or bonus features is this: it should feel like a "mini-campaign". At the very least, I'm kind of expecting a beginning/middle/end kind of structure, with fairly interesting (if really rapid) development of a problem, and then an interesting climax. Harley Quinn's Revenge just didn't have this. By the time the last cutscene started rolling, I kind of felt like I was still somewhere towards the beginning to middle of the DLC. They didn't really develop the whole Batman brooding over Joker's death angle very extensively. The relationship between Batman and Robin still feels very awkward, even though we got to play as Robin here. We got no real explanation for why Arkham City is still a thing, or how long exactly this takes place after the main game.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...