Harlocks Betrayal - Treasure isle issues

three15

I wanted to post this as i had major problems with this quest.

He is meant to be on the beach to the right of your ship but he just wouldn't show up for me, i left the island, came back but nothing. For some reason i decided to change something to see if it helped so i equipped a sword instead of a rifle and he suddenly appeared! I went back to several saves and tried this, each time he wouldn't show up if i had a gun equipped.

Might just be a glitch in my game but i've posted this incase anyone else has issues.

He is meant to be on the beach to the right of your ship but he just wouldn't show up for me, i left the island, came back but nothing. For some reason i decided to change something to see if it helped so i equipped a sword instead of a rifle and he suddenly appeared! I went back to several saves and tried this, each time he wouldn't show up if i had a gun equipped.

Might just be a glitch in my game but i've posted this incase anyone else has issues.

He wasn't there for me at the beginning of the quest, but after I went and dug up all the treasure and came back, he was there. As I stated to someone else on these forums, this game has a LOT of bugs!!

It's not a glitch you have to choose your path. When you get to the journal and trap ( non spoiler vs) you can choose to carry on and enter the temple or choose to go and deal with him. If you choose deal you go back right away and talk to patty then talk to the next guy below patty with the V name sorry he tells you some info (no spoiler) then you go to the beach turn left and he is sitting on the bench in front of ship and fire if looking at ship he is on the right. This isn't glitched HE WON'T SHOW UP UNTIL YOU CHOOSE TO DEAL WITH HIM AND TALK TO OTHER 2 ... And if yo chose to move on clear everything including treasure chests and then go to ship ... Hope this helps out

He will be on ship until you and Patty reach to area where gate with note and lever so he then disappear until you and her returns to Ship and talk to Patty about where is Harlock and she said she think he should be somewhere on beach so that is where he will be sit on bench by firecamp with banana on ground, bed and chest. :)

No glitched for this to me. But I got one bug in Treasure Isle where I and Patty fight with 2 crocodiles just after cave where you open gate by lever and picked up note so once outside of cave and turn left there got 2 crocodiles for you fights with so from bug there is where Patty would stand and do nothing until she died/downed so I have reload by using auto-saving load then it is fixed Patty and now able support me to fights them. :)

It's not a glitch you have to choose your path. When you get to the journal and trap ( non spoiler vs) you can choose to carry on and enter the temple or choose to go and deal with him. If you choose deal you go back right away and talk to patty then talk to the next guy below patty with the V name sorry he tells you some info (no spoiler) then you go to the beach turn left and he is sitting on the bench in front of ship and fire if looking at ship he is on the right. This isn't glitched HE WON'T SHOW UP UNTIL YOU CHOOSE TO DEAL WITH HIM AND TALK TO OTHER 2 ... And if yo chose to move on clear everything including treasure chests and then go to ship ... Hope this helps out

Might want to check your facts mate as he can indeed glitch out and not be there. I chose to deal with him first last night and he was nowhere. I walked up and down the beach a couple of times then went back onto the ship. Another trip up the beach and he magically appeared. This also happened with an NPC in Antigua today.

Might want to check your facts mate as he can indeed glitch out and not be there. I chose to deal with him first last night and he was nowhere. I walked up and down the beach a couple of times then went back onto the ship. Another trip up the beach and he magically appeared. This also happened with an NPC in Antigua today.

Did you talk to both NPC's after returning to find him gone ? That might be your issue it's not saying this game can't have a glitch just that I had the same issue until I spoke with patty first then the V guy sorry I forget his name the rifle man below patty.. Only after speaking to her first ON THE SHIP THEN TO HIM ON SHIP (v guy sorry I forget his) then he appears. I thought it was glitches was looking over whole island and got mad as hell, then I talked to party and the v guy and he was there right after. Just trying to help and Negative comments about facts aren't needed unless you tried what I posted an still not there I stand by its not glitched.. Also try To sleep as night or early morning might affect it I found him in mid day

It's buggy sometimes scripted ai and times I agree ... I was just trying to be helpful

It's buggy sometimes scripted ai and times I agree ... I was just trying to be helpful

I'm sure you were and I didn't mean offence by my post. I merely get tired of people saying things aren't glitched just because it personally didn't happen to them. On the flipside, it's also very annoying when people claim everything is glitched when they just didn't do something right.

I will say though, this game is getting buggier the further I get in which is a real shame but kind of par the course for games nowadays.

So let me understand this. The only way to deal with Harlock is to choose to go back to ship before completing treasure Island quest? Then I'm screwed. I completed quest, then went back to ship, talked to patty and then Chani, who informed me of Harlocks escape. Went looking for him at camp....gone. Slept to next morning. Searched camp. Gone. left Island and came back after doing other quests. No Harlock. Guess I'll find him on 2nd playthrough.

So let me understand this. The only way to deal with Harlock is to choose to go back to ship before completing treasure Island quest? Then I'm screwed. I completed quest, then went back to ship, talked to patty and then Chani, who informed me of Harlocks escape. Went looking for him at camp....gone. Slept to next morning. Searched camp. Gone. left Island and came back after doing other quests. No Harlock. Guess I'll find him on 2nd playthrough.

Try what i did, return to the island, equip a sword, head to where he is meant to be, just before is a left turn, head down there and then turn right, you will see a rock with a slight incline, walk up that and then carry on toward harlock.

This is the route i took and everytime i did he appeared, if i reloaded the save and went straight to his location, no Harlock.

I'm 90% sure this is a glitch and probably had nothing to do with the route i took etc but it's worth a try for you if you're stuck.

Ha nice, thanks three15 I was about to give up but I tried what you said minus equiping the sword. Got to the camp it was bugged turned left in the fork into the water path and folled the beach around to the right. As soon as I passed the sloping rock he appeared. Now if I could only find a fix to the gargoyles on storm island Air Temple glitch and get that bastard gargoyle that fell through the gound so I wont be 15/16. This game does have its Fair share of bugs indeed.

@ Wing X - I had major issues with the last gargoyle as well. The last red X was always outside the temple door, he didn't go through the ground for me, but I left the island and returned and looked straight up where the map said he was, and there he was - WAY up in the sky glitching out, but I was at least able to shoot and kill him. Maybe the same might solve your issue?

Also, tons of bugs in this game for sure, but in my experience, they've only been in the DLC. I can't for the life of me get Harlok to show up and I find more and more that when I get into a fight with more than one enemy the game goes all Skyrim PS3 and drops to like 7 frames per minute - again, only on Storm & Treasure Island though. I don't seem to have any problems on the non DLC islands.

I finally found Harlock after employing the sequence as offere by #14. When you get to gate and read diary, you will be given a dialogue choice: select return to Harlock. Now as you approach the camp, there is a path on the left that circles the beach. Take the left path. As you approach the camp from the left path you should see Harlock sitting on the bench. Dispose of him as you wish!

• 2 weeks later...
Try what i did, return to the island, equip a sword, head to where he is meant to be, just before is a left turn, head down there and then turn right, you will see a rock with a slight incline, walk up that and then carry on toward harlock.

This is the route i took and everytime i did he appeared, if i reloaded the save and went straight to his location, no Harlock.

I'm 90% sure this is a glitch and probably had nothing to do with the route i took etc but it's worth a try for you if you're stuck.

Im trying to figure out what path you mean to take and which rock to walk up since im at this point on the island and he isnt showing for me.

I also have a sword equiped and my pistol.

I can confirm that it's the route that was causing me trouble.

After talking to Patty and Venturo I went west from the row boat following the sandy path down to the camp site with no sign of Harlock. After walking up and down the beach a few times i decided to follow the waterline west from the ship and there he was, sitting on the log.

I didn't change anything except the path i took to get to the camp.

Go to ship,row to beach,turn left and go to little camp with bed,fire and chest. if hes not there-go back to ship,or just run little on the other side of beach. come back to that little camp-and pow-hes here:)

PS.You need to open steelbeards chest first(i mean that one from 4)

I don't think the chest have any affect on this as I turned back after finding the journal. I haven't gone any further into the island to find the chests yet and was still able to finish the quest.

Everything else you said was spot on though.

• 5 months later...

Thanks, mate! That got me out of trouble. Sword and route.

• 3 years later...

So I know this is stupid old thread now but none of the above solutions worked for me, and then I found him and wanted to post how it went in case anyone else randomly is playing this game, comes across this issue, and finds this thread like I did via Google.

So I kept just walking back and forth to his camp several times going separate routes and hoping he might spawn, but it didn't seem to be working for me after doing it for, like, an hour.

Then, one time while doing this, I saw something odd on the ground - a shadow of a man, on the ground along the path to the camp but not at the camp itself! If I walked a bit away from the camp, the shadow would vanish, and then when I walked back toward the camp, the shadow would re-appear!

Eventually, I figured out what was going on - Harlock was floating way high in the sky above his spawn point. So high and so close to a tree that it took me a while even once I started looking up to finally spot him.

You can just kill him directly with a musket to complete the quest (he'll likely even fall out of the tree and let you loot him at that point).

If you want to talk to him first, it can be tricky but I did pull it off once. First I told Patty to "wait" over by the row boat so he wouldn't try to fight her. I shot at him once with a Musket to piss him off, then ran around a bit and eventually went to the very Northern-most corner of the beach (furthest away from the ship) and ran down into the water to drown myself, and that made him pop back to his normal spot on the bench. Then I just had to wait for a bit for him to stop being pissed (just drowned myself a few times) - need to be far enough away he won't chase you but not too far or he'll de-spawn and start the whole thing over again.

So, I know no one plays this any more but I just thought I'd put that out there if anyone else is google searching for where Harlock is.

Edited by Rubikant