The Alien King

I made a post on Aksys's forums and they are looking into it. My CD is pretty clean so I thought it might've been my xbox. Although it's good to know its not just me having the issue. My game always freezes after Leonis says 1 line of dialogue. So sad because I nearly have the game completed. ;_;

I killed the boss on seven different occasions and the game continued to freeze as soon as Leonis said his first line after the fight. Started a New Game+, got all the way back, and never had it freeze once. Not sure what caused the bug in the first place, but I'm glad to finally be past it.

• 1 month later...

Have you tried installing the game on to the harddrive? Assuming your disk isn't damaged it should work since the games seems to be optimized for installation (ive been playing it installed, game loads fights alot faster when compared to running off the disk).

If you have already and it still does it, I'd assume it is a defective disk :/

• 3 weeks later...

I`m having the same issue, I also had it when I fought Decimal, so I levelled up my characters just to have a shorter fight and waited to the next day just to start with the fight, and a short fight finally worked for Decimal, I`m trying to do the same with the Alien King fight, i hope it works. I have the game installed on the harddrive :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was having the same problems.

I got through all the other freezing problems in the boundary plain, but can't get past this one.

I even started a new game+ and got all the way back there, but now it's freezing in the loading screen before leonis even gets to speak.

I'm going to try a few different things before I give up, I've put too many hours into this game to give up until I know I've exhausted all the options.

I will post back if I find a way around this.

• 1 month later...

This happened to me on my first run which was in extra mode off an imported ROAW 1 save. Beat Alien King 5 times and it froze each time at that first line of dialogue so gave up after reading others having similar problems.

Started a new game + and thankfully didn't have any issues the second time. This is off the disc I never installed the game.

• 3 years later...