Thoughts about the DLC - Positive or Negative

NITEMARECREATOR

Thoughts about the DLC - Positve or Negative  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts about the DLC - Positve or Negative

• 5* Positive - Exceeded your expectations, it was awesome.
    • 4* - DLC was pretty good
    • 3* Neutral - was not bad
    • 2* - DLC was lacking a little bit
    • 1* Negative - DLC was a complete letdown

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of how much they re-used from the main game, and my two quick playthroughs combined to mop up the achievements only took me a little over an hour.

Granted, second time I basically ran through and used the foam gun, but still...

For what it is/was I though is was good. By no means was it great but it was good.

Am I the only one whom had problems shooting targets? I mean, clearly putting the laser on target at point blank range (or a distance) and shooting to have it not hit the Necro in front of you? It really got on my nerves. Especially when going through it on Zealot, as it got my killed a number of times.

Reversing the levels like that brought back some nostalgia, I loved it, just played it through twice back to back. 2nd run on zealot took only about 40 minutes or so (foam finger baby!!) but it was still fun as hell. Considering the situation Weller is in I thought it was a great reuse of the levels, going back over that territory and seeing the aftermath of Isaac just passin' through LOL!! Nice touch to the story. Very eerie.

I liked those little nuances that connected the stories but without overlapping them directly. Very subtle touch actually. It was great. 560 is damn fine for this.

4* - It was pretty good.

Had the same creepy atmosphere & tough dialogs as in the retail game. Worth playing it.

Only two negative points:

- you play a guy AGAIN instead of a female character

- level/enemy recycling instead of showing something new

Maybe they gonna change it in the next DLC, if there will be any...

i gave it a 4 out of 5, it was good for what it was. price was right, i did like the fact that you got to see the area's before and after Isaac went threw there like some area's are not destroyed yet, and then when you get to medical you can see some searious damage there.

Only real big complaint I had is what I hear most people say, lack of a new game plus. Also putting that "new" enemy in there which is just one from the first game that they didn't put in the 2nds main story was kinda a let down I was hope for something better, but not putting the Ubermorph in it was very good.

• 3 weeks later...

★★★★ for me. I thought it was a very well written piece of DLC and felt like I could connect with Gabe just as I can with Isaac. Sure, it was a little short, and I felt like an idiot spending ten minutes looking for that darn power cell right at the end. I found that going through the hospital and seeing the remains of Isaac's actions was very good; especially walking past the tripod at the start of the second chapter. The ending was very emotional and overall a very good, but short DLC.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually liked it. Ive always like games like this and the older Resident Evils where another character revisits areas where the main character has been and you see what affects on the environment have or have not happened within the story. For instance, while playing as Gabe you revisit the hospital and pass the room where Issac Clarke first gets the plasma cutter and you see the guy who got gutted crawling and dying. Awesome.

Personally I loved this DLC, but that might just be because of how many underdeveloped ones I've been seeing lately. It was as long as I expected it to be but no where near as good. In term of all the sequences, they just felt as well put together and as detailed as the one's in the actual game. Such as

[spoiler=.] grappling with Barkley towards the end, the elevator sequence, and of course encountering the 'men in white'. It also opened up a new story which I'm hoping is linked to Dead Space 3.

I thought it was a waste of time. I wanted to know what happened to the main character in Dead Space: Extraction (the guy who had to cut his own arm off to escape) but instead you play as Lex's husband (which I didn't even know she had). I thought this dlc was supposed to expand on Dead Space: Extraction but it just left with more questions.

Oh, grassy I think the general assumption with that guy is that

[spoiler=..] he was the necromorph in the epilogue cutscene in the end of extraction, that he died of blood loss during the escape but when they weren't far enough from the Ishimura (and the marker) for it to not be able to affect him. So I think he's done with.

I thought it was good,i liked the way you play in the opposite direction to isaac. Its a decent length for DLC and the price. The only thing that i can find fault with is that i didn't know the characters as i've never played 'extraction'. How come it was never released on the 360?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought it was pretty good, it was nice to see Gabe and Lexine again. It was interesting to see they got married, since they didn't seem to like each other in Extraction.

Though a lot can change in three years. As for Mcneil, pretty sure he was the Necromorph in the ending scene to Extraction. So we can assume he's dead.

What I wanna know about are those guys in white, who seemed to have magic or psychic powers. There was nothing like that in the main two games.

Edited by Earthbound_X

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...