Insurgency DLC Achievement Guide

Tyger7

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm Demolition Crew must be glitched for me...tried it twice solo and 3 times on coop all on realistic...nothing. Followed the video posted the last two times and even walked around numerous times...shot all canisters and fire extinguishers. It is just on the 4th part of the mission right, not all of the 4 sections of the entire level?

Hmm Demolition Crew must be glitched for me...tried it twice solo and 3 times on coop all on realistic...nothing. Followed the video posted the last two times and even walked around numerous times...shot all canisters and fire extinguishers. It is just on the 4th part of the mission right, not all of the 4 sections of the entire level?

Yeah I tried it a few times myself.

Did you make sure and cause backup to come?

hm did you try clearing your cache?

Yeah, thats what I mentioned in another thread. I think (or hope) clearing the cache will probably fix it, but I am going to have to wait until I get 2 more mutation playthroughs on L4D2 so the counter in that game doesnt glitch up on me if I clear my cache haha (apparently it has been screwing up for alot of people)...hopefully they release new mutation modes over the next 2 weeks and I can try then I suppose.

FIRST, THANX TO TYGER7 FOR HIS HELPUL GUIDES!

Now, that's what I've done, in order to get the Demolition Crew achievement, after my 5th attempt, playing by myself (didn't need to clear my cache):

1) In EACH AREA, I've silently killed all the enemies, but one.

2) Then I've shot one fire extinguisher, in order to alert enemies (I don't why, but the game kept loading 2 guys per time, after I shot a fire extinguisher or an explosive barrel. So I had to take care of 3 enemies: the one I've saved and tagged from the original wave of enemies and the 2 guys from the backup...).

3) Again, killed all the enemies, but one; tagged this last, so I knew his last position;

4) then I've shot all the fire extinguisher at first, saving the explosive canisters and barrels at last: I didn't want to let a barrel blow up a fire extinguisher nearby (I think that does not count: I mean you have to shoot by yourself ALL the fire extinguishers and explosive barrels).

NOTE: I've died on the last area!

After the checkpoint, I've shot the only fire extinguisher reachable from the previous area (that one with one enemy...).

5) In the last area, I've silently killed all the guys, but one, then I've shot a fire extinguisher, alerted the backup, and again killed all the guys but one, then I've shot the other fire extinguisher at first and the explosives barrels at last.

NOTE: I've never, expecially in the last area, RELOADED AT THE ARMORY AND I HAVEN'T TAKEN THE LAST GUY AS HUMAN SHIELD, letting him chase me after I've shot the fire extinguishers and the explosives.

Do not let the enemies throw granades at you or shoot the barrels or the fire extinguishers!

So, I've cleared ALL areas, with the upmentioned (annoying and too long) method: for the "third area", the one with one enemy, save an emp and quickly reach the upper catwalks, then shoot all the fire extinguishers; control the turret and kill the lonely guy...

NOTE: I didn't throw my granades or mines, ever, (I was afraid of Chain-Reaction...)! I've always taken down enemies silently or shoot them in the face with my Five-Seven or the silenced MP5-SD3.

That's what I've done after FIVE ATTEMPTS and it worked, but I'm not yet sure you have to clear ALL the previous areas from explosives. I do think you have to shoot the fire extinguishers too, expecially in the last area.

Sorry for the long post, hope this helps.

Edited by Giano

Now, that's what I've done, in order to get the Demolition Crew achievement, after my 5th attempt, playing by myself (didn't need to clear my cache):

2) Then I've shot one fire extinguisher, in order to alert enemies (I don't why, but the game kept loading 2 guys per time, after I shot a fire extinguisher or an explosive barrel. So I had to take care of 3 enemies: the one I've saved and tagged from the original wave of enemies and the 2 guys from the backup...).

3) Again, killed all the enemies, but one; tagged this last, so I knew his last position;

4) then I've shot all the fire extinguisher at first, saving the explosive canisters and barrels at last: I didn't want to let a barrel blow up a fire extinguisher nearby (I think that does not count: I mean you have to shoot by yourself ALL the fire extinguishers and explosive barrels).

After the checkpoint, I've shot the only fire extinguisher reachable from the previous area (that one with one enemy...).

5) In the last area, I've silently killed all the guys, but one, then I've shot a fire extinguisher, alerted the backup, and again killed all the guys but one, then I've shot the other fire extinguisher at first and the explosives barrels at last.

NOTE: I've never, expecially in the last area, RELOADED AT THE ARMORY AND I HAVEN'T TAKEN THE LAST GUY AS HUMAN SHIELD, letting him chase me after I've shot the fire extinguishers and the explosives.

Do not let the enemies throw granades at you or shoot the barrels or the fire extinguishers!

So, I've cleared ALL areas, with the upmentioned (annoying and too long) method: for the "third area", the one with one enemy, save an emp and quickly reach the upper catwalks, then shoot all the fire extinguishers; control the turret and kill the lonely guy...

NOTE: I didn't throw my granades or mines, ever, (I was afraid of Chain-Reaction...)! I've always taken down enemies silently or shoot them in the face with my Five-Seven or the silenced MP5-SD3.

That's what I've done after FIVE ATTEMPTS and it worked, but I'm not yet sure you have to clear ALL the previous areas from explosives. I do think you have to shoot the fire extinguishers too, expecially in the last area.

If you watch the video, my partner was holding the other guy the whole time. We made sure we alerted all the enemies, and before that area we didnt alert the enemies in a section (esp section 3 that has 1 guy). We didnt blow up any fire extinguishers before the last area.

The thing I think you may have nailed is a certain explosive may be too close to a fire hydrant. The first time I did it, didn't work because I shot all of the exploding canisters first, and then the fire extinguishers.

It's very hard to determine the exact specifics because you get the achievement after the level ends, not before!

If you watch the video, my partner was holding the other guy the whole time. We made sure we alerted all the enemies, and before that area we didnt alert the enemies in a section (esp section 3 that has 1 guy). We didnt blow up any fire extinguishers before the last area.

The thing I think you may have nailed is a certain explosive may be too close to a fire hydrant. The first time I did it, didn't work because I shot all of the exploding canisters first, and then the fire extinguishers.

It's very hard to determine the exact specifics because you get the achievement after the level ends, not before!

Yeah, i agree. But i was so frustrated that i've chosen the hard way: paradox (i know!), but I wanted to be 100% sure to get the achievement, so i've raised the stakes...LOL

But in the end, i think that it's all about to shoot the fire extinguishers and the explosives barrels only in the last area.

Okay, will try shooting all of the fire extinguishers first...has anyone bothered to try to get a count on how many extinguishers and how many canisters there are in the 4th section?

Nope i'll try watching the video I posted later and maybe counting them. I was going to do that but forgot thanks for reminding me!

Finally got it...I intentionally died once I got to section 4. I killed all the guys with a pistol only so I did not destroy anything. I grabbed controller 2 and choke held the final guy. Went and shot the extinguisher from section 3, then threw remote mines along the walls to destroy the other hidden extinguishers in section 3 that are not visible. I then blew up all the extinguishers first and then the canisters. Checked the entire level over and over about 10 extra times lol...finally killed the last guy and I got the achievement. Dunno what it was, but I did not have to clear my cache.

Thanks for the guides Tyger...enjoyed both the Conviction and Alan Wake guides.

Edited by eqzeb

i was wondering you start each level in hunter mode now for the achievements watch the soap and king of the crypt i dont understand what section of the level they are in theres on average 4-5 areas on each map so does this mean that i can do them in any section or are they in the first area of each level it does not specify or im just missing something but if i knew what the level names where for which achievement it would be a great help thanks.

i was wondering you start each level in hunter mode now for the achievements watch the soap and king of the crypt i dont understand what section of the level they are in theres on average 4-5 areas on each map so does this mean that i can do them in any section or are they in the first area of each level it does not specify or im just missing something but if i knew what the level names where for which achievement it would be a great help thanks.

Well there's only 3 average areas on these maps ; )

I mentioned all the levels and areas except I did forget to mention the one on the crypt. I have re-edited those descriptions to reflect what maps and areas they are in! Hope that clears everything up.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Thanks hopefully i can find it lol just new to x360a so yeah thanks.

You'll figure out how to navigate easier as you mess around, but I'll post the locations here for you too just in case.

King of the crypt

Map: New Orleans, LA

Area: 2

Watch the soap

Map: Portland, ME

Thinking inside the box

Map: San Francisco, CA

Area: 1

Demolition crew

Map: Salt Lake City, UT

Area: 4

Im definately going to try this LONG :) method and will post back soon. Ive SERIOUSLY tried to do this about 11 times and I have had no success yet. Heres hoping it will work!!

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woop:

Firstly thanks VERY much to Tyger7 and Giano.

I used Giano's LONG :) method and I can CONFIRM that this did work for me.

Please note: I shot ALL the fire extinguishers on ALL levels BEFORE shooting the Nitro canisters.

I even died a few times but it did not matter.

NOTE: On Sector 3 (the sector where you have to climb up the pipes after killing one guy only) I shot ALL the fire extinguishers INCLUDING the famous last one that you guys speak about. For those that do not know, the last fire extinguisher on Sector 3 can be obtained in Sector 4 and its debatable whether this adds to the total number of explosives.

Anyway, to be brief, I followed Giano's guide and shot ALL the explosives on ALL the levels. Shoot the fire extinguishers first, then the Nitro canisters.

Hope this helps some of you guys out!!

."QUOTE"http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/OY/OS/1YCLiGJhbC9GCxoFGltTWTBCL2FjaC8wLzEyAAAAAOfn5-q9gyU=.jpg Watch the soap 30 :gsicon:

In the "Washroom", neutralize (18) enemies

Map: Portland, ME

In the second area of the Portland, ME you will find a bathroom type area. This is the washroom. You have to intentionally have backup called and run to this room and kill the enemies that come in (18 total). There are pipes to climb on that will give you a good advantage. This must be done in one play. If you have a cooperative partner, your kills will be added together and you'll both receive the achievement. Lots of gadgets will help here! Remember to kill them when they are actually in the bathroom, and not just in the hallways leading in. Even the areas that look like they are in the bathroom aren't really in it according to the game. Make sure there are sinks, stalls, or showers around if you want to be sure."QUOTE"

Does that mean if u die then go back to menu and play section one and two start over again ?

Edit; no worries done it and you can die area 2 and retry again

Edited by RazerindemiX