Best Way to Get Latching Achievement

Plug in a second controller and start Survival Gallery 3 co-op. Use first controller and set down 2nd controller. Around the 1:20 mark there will be 3 wolves. 2 regular wolves and 1 health meter wolf. Quickly kill the 2 regular wolves and let the metered wolf attack you. HE WILL AUTOMATICALLY LATCH ON TO PLAYER 2. Shoot him off. Rinse and repeat 6 times and you will have yourself 2 achievements for 60 points in about 10 minutes.

Others mentioned the melee method in story mode; however, I was unable to get one latched animal this way. Goodluck and message me with any questions....

PS - If anyone has any tips for getting golds in the galleries let me know please. For some reason, whether it be the terrible graphics or the fact the animals can attack you from 20 feet away, I have been having trouble getting golds.

Update: Galleries almost complete. I guess I never really sat down (or stood up - Top Shot Elite) and gave it a go. They are quite easy!!! Check out my Galery Tip thread for help. PM with any questions.

Edited by Goots 88

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheers, i was wondering how i was gonna get this, in story mode nothing "latched" on to me lol

Also in trek 7 i noticed 1 latches on there, although its about 3/4 way through so your way is prob quicker, can never tell in trek if i've managed to kill the metered ones either.

Edit: Ok well i have just got both using this, but took me alot more than 6 goes sadly. The trouble i was having was that for some reason sometimes he pulls out the pistol and i get off maybe 3 shots before the wolf moves on, not dead. I started saving rapid fire from the first 4 wolves to make it easier but that also only worked if the rifle was out, not the pistol. Also i killed the two wolves and put a rifle round into the metered wolf before he latched, seemed to make things slightly easier.

One thing i did notice, the first metered wolf you come across after the pack of 4 that come over the first hill, at about 30secs in i think, sometimes will latch on to player 2, i got a couple of mine from that, but its not consistent, sometimes it goes for player 1.

Edited by Killerchronic

• 8 months later...

Easiest method - Solo, survival gallery 2. Bunch of wolves in the beginning, some elk run by, then birds. Immediately after the birds stop, a white wolf will run out at you. DON'T SHOOT IT. It latches on 100% of the time. Kill it, then restart the gallery and repeat. Takes like 5 minutes to get all of the kills instead of using 2 controllers and waiting.