Does BioShock still hold up?

rikib004

I have never played the original (Or any for that matter) BioShock but have been tempted recently. Does it still hold up or does it look/play outdated now?

Absolutely, if anything the story in that game is still better then any campaigns today. That game was made back when developers didn't try and shoehorn MP in a game or mass produce games every year....people actually cared about what they were making, not how much they were going to make.

So yeah buy it and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In my opinion, the graphics aren't aging well. Though there aren't too many games that have graphics that have stood the test of time.

Everything else about the game is still spot on though. I still play through it from time to time, and it's one of those games that even after completing it 5 times, when you decide to press that New Game selection on the main menu, you just can't toss it aside until you've seen the credits again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ended the original like week ago for first time, it's a blast to this day.

Played it when it launched but didn't liked it that much at that time due to not being a fan of such type of games but since now I am a mature gamer, LOVED IT!!!

Am on Brass Balls Run, not that hard but annoying the save everywhere makes you do strange things you are always redoing to improve even if you have resources lolz

Just ended the original like week ago for first time, it's a blast to this day.

Played it when it launched but didn't liked it that much at that time due to not being a fan of such type of games but since now I am a mature gamer, LOVED IT!!!

Am on Brass Balls Run, not that hard but annoying the save everywhere makes you do strange things you are always redoing to improve even if you have resources lolz

I'm with you. Played it on release when I didn't care About achievements. I absolutely loved it. Now I'm going through it to mop up achievements and am loving the game even more. I'm actually taking the time and listening to all the audio logs .

The graphics are ok but you do have to remeber that they are running on 5 year old technology. Which is fine for me. I'm currently going for brass balls and its definitely not that diffucult .

Great game overall .

• 4 months later...

I just played BioShock 1 and 2 this year, and they were both AWESOME. Sure, the graphics might be a little dated looking, but honestly you don't even notice. The game is so much fun! I'm really glad I happened to try it, I fell in love with Rapture and the Big Daddy's and Little Sisters. It's never too late to try this amazing series from the beginning :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...