EX costume 3

budbudxxx1992

As of right now, it's just tickets. Special Events have the tickets. One happened in early January, another one starts February 1st.

I imagine after a while they will put up the ability to use points, likely after people are done with RE6 and there's no more DLC and they've moved onto something else, but right now it's just tickets.

I got Chris first, even though I love Sherry. Mostly so my girlfriend didn't get offended. I am getting Sherry next, though.

So I am assuming this is a monthly thing, which is cool (since we get more) but also sucks since it will take until at LEAST June for us to get them all, unless someone missed the first event (or something). I guess that's how RE6 will stay relevant until after Revelations hits RE.net in May and they move on to Raid Mode events and stuff.

My plan of action is to get Sherry next, then Leon, Ada, Piers/Jake (unsure which first) then Helena.

So I am assuming this is a monthly thing, which is cool (since we get more) but also sucks since it will take until at LEAST June for us to get them all, unless someone missed the first event (or something). I guess that's how RE6 will stay relevant until after Revelations hits RE.net in May and they move on to Raid Mode events and stuff.

RE6 and Revelations will have separate RE.net sites, so RE6 events should still continue even after Revelations comes out.

I still haven't picked out an EX3 yet because I still haven't found an alt loadout I like. I'm still missing a couple EX1 costumes though so I'm not familiar with all the DLC mode alt loadouts, so we'll see.

EDIT: Went ahead and unlocked Ada's EX3 because I didn't have an alt for her, but now I've managed to get her EX1 so that was a waste :rolleyes:

Edited by Veedrock

Oh, I know they are separate, but I don't see Capcom doing much with RE6's after Revelations comes out. They'll do it for a bit, then probably just repeat stuff.

Similarly, Nintendo has the "Global Link" for Pokemon and the one for Black/White is separate from Black 2/White 2, but they pretty much abandoned the Black/White one shortly after BW2 came out. I expect the same of RE.net.

They'll have an event for each remaining Mercenaries Map (6 left I think?), more speed runs for the rest of the chapters, something for each DLC mode, and probably a few more "kill x amount of this enemy" before just looping everything. Though they may have "Kill the most with this gun/weapon" or "Kill the most with grenades" or whatever.

Not to mention, by the time RER comes out, I imagine most people will be completely done playing RE6 (it will be over a half a year old) and only some dedicated fans will keep participating, since people will probably have everything on the site and in the game by then.

I guess we'll see, come May/June.

I'd like to think Capcom *would* keep supporting it and coming up with new events, I'm just curious if they will or not.

Pokemon isn't really an applicable comparison; BW2 was a sequel that has everything BW had to offer, whereas Revelations is completely different than RE6. It's more of a complimentary release because RE6 will still be a current gameplay experience.

When you consider DLC, which Capcom is fond of, Revelations shouldn't be getting any kind of significant DLC support (story, extra modes, etc) while RE6 is very capable of being updated with anything.

I'm hoping that when we get Revelations, it'll unlock Jill for RE6 :p

Edited by Veedrock

Went ahead and unlocked Ada's EX3 because I didn't have an alt for her, but now I've managed to get her EX1 so that was a waste :rolleyes:

Not too big of one though, seeing as the title for getting all the figures in collection requires EX3 costumes as well as the EX1, 2, and default costumes. =/

Pokemon isn't really an applicable comparison; BW2 was a sequel that has everything BW had to offer, whereas Revelations is completely different than RE6. It's more of a complimentary release because RE6 will still be a current gameplay experience.

When you consider DLC, which Capcom is fond of, Revelations shouldn't be getting any kind of significant DLC support (story, extra modes, etc) while RE6 is very capable of being updated with anything.

I'm hoping that when we get Revelations, it'll unlock Jill for RE6 :p

I suppose you have a point there.

Still don't see how many more events they can come up with after a certain point, but they could always do DLC, but I mean, Capcom also thinks RE6 was a failure, which sucks.

As for Revelations, they could always set it up to have DLC costumes (or RE.net costumes) and characters, seeing as they added HUNK and will probably have SOME kind of DLC or other extras. I highly doubt modes though, like you said.

I'd love if they updated RE6 to have connectivity with Revelations, so that you could unlock things in both, such as, like you said, Jill in RE6 Mercenaries (complete with 3 costumes of her own, including PS1 STARS Jill) and then unlock maybe Leon in Raid Mode or something like that, with RE2, RE4 and RE6 outfits.

Oh god... if only I ran Capcom...

I have a ticket from the event that was in december or i don't remember... i guess ill use it on the character i play the most with, wich happen to be Sherry, but damn these outfits are not even "good looking"

They could do so much better... they could made all sorts of costumes, add characters for mercenary at 200 MS points each or something like that.... then do extra outfits for them too...

I have a ticket from the event that was in december or i don't remember... i guess ill use it on the character i play the most with, wich happen to be Sherry, but damn these outfits are not even "good looking"

They could do so much better... they could made all sorts of costumes, add characters for mercenary at 200 MS points each or something like that.... then do extra outfits for them too...

The whole point of the costumes are a throwback to the classic games being blocky and bad looking. It is for older fans from the 90s.

That said, the actual artwork exaggerates how blocky they are. For example, Chris looks barely anything like the art used for the costume on the site/menu. You're only going to be seeing the back of them anyway.

Anyway, these costumes are free, so I don't really know what there is to complain about. They could easily add more characters as paid DLC in the future still. I mean, Carla/Agent don't even have ANY costumes.

RE5's character list was Chris, Sheva, Jill and Wesker and nobody else until a year later.

I agree, they could have added more characters and costumes (and better costumes than "THIS WEIRD ONE, AND A RECOLOR. BTW THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME LOADOUT", but I like the PS1-style costumes solely because I loved the games on PlayStation and think it's a nice nod to fans.

EDIT: I want to retract my statement on them not being blocky.

Chris EX3 is not blocky, at all (except his head/face). Sherry is a blocky mess. It looks awful.

But awful in the best way (for me) since it clashes so heavily, her body disconnects and it screams bad PS1 graphics.

But I can see why this would upset someone. Chris deceived me by basically being HD Chris with a blocky head.

Edited by MoldyClay87

Oh i am an old fan of RE... i remember that era, but i mean is it me only that would had prefer just the classic costumes with todays graphic? I mean i feel there is no point of having a 32 bit chris in stars uniform... i rather take a normal chris in stars uniform... anyway.. yeah there free... so well...

And its not because they delayed RE5 so much they have to do the same thing with RE6... like i said on the other thread, with RE Revelation on the corner... i will switch my focus...