Achievement Discussion

Krazie

I am not sure if it is supposed to go like this, but I got the 10-minute survival one pretty easily. I shot people and stuff until I got 4 stars, then I killed the cops until there was just one left and I just hid behind some cover and every so often I would pop out from behind my cover so he would see me again and the wanted meter would not deplete (it does not need to be full 100% of the time, it can be in that declining stage and still count) and as long as I did not kill him he never called for backup so it was just me and that one cop for almost all of the 10 minutes :)

Can you get the 'tough nut' achievement with playing the chapters separately on hard? because at the end of chapter 14, the game keeps loading...

Yes you can, but some people say that it doesn't unlock until you start a new game and play 1st level again.

anyone know how to kill derrick without his ridiculous molotovs killing you first

Yeah when you kill all the people outside, drive a car into the water this will close the main door and open the outside door to the office upstairs, go in that way and use the wall under window at end for cover (you take a few hits but should not die)

i saw this on another post and it works! take a car to the docks and park it in front of the stairs leading to derek's office. after you kill everyone outside, don't go into the over head door. instead, get in your car and drive off the pier at the south end. you will respawn on the pier. run back to derek's office. the over head door will be closed, but now you can get into his office. there is more cover and the molotovs won't be an issue.

Yes you can, but some people say that it doesn't unlock until you start a new game and play 1st level again.

Yeah when you kill all the people outside, drive a car into the water this will close the main door and open the outside door to the office upstairs, go in that way and use the wall under window at end for cover (you take a few hits but should not die)

That's friggen cool

• 2 weeks later...

HELP !!! !!! !!!

I'm fell into the void (which is not a problem, restores), BUT ! ,

gave the two ACH.- Pedal to....+ Get rich.....

(I'll do it anyway, but how do I know that : I'm reached the 20 meters?)

- Is it possible to delete ACH.'s somehow?

- How do I see that I reach the 20m ?

- And the Play Boy Babes disappeared ! Now always 2 guys on the mag.'s ?

Do I made som. wrong ?

..... tip, if any. (Thanks)

HELP !!! !!! !!!

I'm fell into the void (which is not a problem, restores), BUT ! ,

gave the two ACH.- Pedal to....+ Get rich.....

(I'll do it anyway, but how do I know that : I'm reached the 20 meters?)

- Is it possible to delete ACH.'s somehow?

- How do I see that I reach the 20m ?

- And the Play Boy Babes disappeared ! Now always 2 guys on the mag.'s ?

Do I made som. wrong ?

..... tip, if any. (Thanks)

The thing with the Playboys also happened to me, after the 20th magazine, the Playboys I picked up showed the same woman every time, the last ones always showed a pin up showing Joe and You, don´t worry ;)

Check your Stats to see how many you´ve found, it should count, it doesn´t matter what the cover shows.

• 4 months later...
I got 100% done, but then I went on xbox live and it added the dlc achievements, so now I have to buy them...

Yea it's not fair.

I'm wishing to complete it (1000 Gs) but now i have to buy the DLCs for the 1500!

Why can't they just let it be until you buy the DLCs? As in, if you don't buy the DLCs, you did complete the game therefore should be in the 100% slot in the xbox dashboard profile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Chapter 14 is ridiculously hard, nearly the whole chapter.

For the most part, I thought 14 was one of the milder ones. The shootout at the beginning was the only hard part for me, then the shootout in the room with Falcone (I did twice in there, but got it the 3rd time).

The warehouse with Henry and Joe was the only spot that gave me any problems in the whole game on Hard.

The trick I found on the beginning is just start spamming shots at the top of the stairs, and you'll more than likely eliminate 6/8 guards, then the other 2 are easily sniped. Just watch for the guy who stays on the walkway with the shotgun, then snipe the guy that throws grenades from the balcony (very tricky to actually kill him before he throws a grenade, same with the guy on the other side of the doorway)

• 6 months later...

I had some hard time with the end of the chapter 14 where you have to go in the warehouse. I did not wanted to use the glitch so I decided to do it the hard way. I took the car on the outside and rushed at the back of the warehouse where I killed 2 enemies. After, I killed the enemies as they came down the stairs. I then rushed back to the warehouse entrance on my feet and hide behind boxes. I received some flames from the molotovs but they were not enough to kill me. I them killed the enemies on the 2nd floor. Hardest chapter of the game. Big 50G.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

That mission was a pain in the ass. Here's what I did though.

After you finally fight your way into the warehouse, kill as many of the guys that will try to rush you on the ground as you can, WHILE sticking and moving from cover spot to cover spot. The second he chucks a moltov, move. Especially if you're on hard since you can't take as much damage and your life doesn't regenerate as quickly.

When you've the brunt of those guys that will rush you on the ground killed off, then you can run up the stairs on the left and hide out in his office. I beat the game twice and the two times I ran up there, He stopped chucking flamebombs at me and retreated all the way to the far right and tried to shoot me through the glass.

Snipe him with a rifle, and be done with it.

Another strategy that I used that helped (But I got killed a few times with it) was to run under where Derrick and his goons are standing. You'll be under him and out of his sight so he can't chuck flamebombs, however the minute you peek out he tosses one with suprising accuracy so be prepared to run. I used to run out and shoot upwards at him a few times but I never got to kill him from under there, it only gave be a bit of a breather.

Hope that helps, if you haven't already beaten it that is...seeing as to how your post is two years old. :S

Hope this helps anyone else!

• 11 months later...