Achievement Guide and Road Map

rrushn

I found the best way to eliminate Colonels is to use the rocket launcher. It's a one hit kill and usually it will kill him and the five guards standing with him. This is especially useful in the Panau city sections as you can just shoot them from the rooftops and then hide or parachute away really fast.

A good spot to do the wrecking ball is on a mission when you are supposed to take down a statue of Baby Panay. Right next to the statue is a transport chopper, so just grapple the statue's head to the chopper and pull the head off. Then use it as a wrecking ball....

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Invincible Warrior

I found out a really easy way to do it just right at the first Mission.

First start a new Game on Casual, now play until you come to the part where you have to take out 2 SAMS/Anti-AirGuns.

Do not use the Helicopter yet*, instead grapplehook to the Statue and

pull out your Pistol (having a SMG as Second Weapon is helpfull).

(*The Soldiers keeping on spawing until you finish the Mission via Chopper!)

Now stand a little bit back so Soldiers can´t hit you, but you can Headshot them from above.

If you lose Health wait a little bit behind the Statue until your back to 100%!

And take out the Armored Vehicle with a Minigunas first with some C4,you dont want to get hit from that,even on Casual. ;)

est. Time for Achievement: 15-20min!

P.S. Sry, for the bad english, but i hope you all understand it! :)

Edited by Colt Smith
Forgot the est. Time it takes.

I found the best way to eliminate Colonels is to use the rocket launcher. It's a one hit kill and usually it will kill him and the five guards standing with him. This is especially useful in the Panau city sections as you can just shoot them from the rooftops and then hide or parachute away really fast.

A good spot to do the wrecking ball is on a mission when you are supposed to take down a statue of Baby Panay. Right next to the statue is a transport chopper, so just grapple the statue's head to the chopper and pull the head off. Then use it as a wrecking ball....

Added the rocket launcher info, will check out the wrecking ball method later today, I've got a couple of suggestions and ideas to test for this.

Invincible Warrior

I found out a really easy way to do it just right at the first Mission.

First start a new Game on Casual, now play until you come to the part where you have to take out 2 SAMS/Anti-AirGuns.

Do not use the Helicopter yet*, instead grapplehook to the Statue and

pull out your Pistol (having a SMG as Second Weapon is helpfull).

(*The Soldiers keeping on spawing until you finish the Mission via Chopper!)

Now stand a little bit back so Soldiers can´t hit you, but you can Headshot them from above.

If you lose Health wait a little bit behind the Statue until your back to 100%!

And take out the Armored Vehicle with a Minigunas first with some C4,you dont want to get hit from that,even on Casual. ;)

est. Time for Achievement: 15-20min!

P.S. Sry, for the bad english, but i hope you all understand it! :)

Awesome, I'll add this one, along with the airport trick, thanks !

I think 5 is a little too low. 7 was deserving because of the time-consuming and difficulty achievements. I'm playing on experienced and honestly it's hard.

Road Map is still pending for the most part. I'm yet to start on hardcore, finished it and doing everything on experienced atm to finalize the achievement guide.

6/10 is about right for this game (just beat it on hardcore, a lot of annoying moments later). Also i think this game will take way more than 40-50hrs for 1k. ;)

@rrushn - great guide man. :)

Thanks ! I've noticed that it will take a tad more than 50 to complete, 75% completion involves alot more than I initially thought !

The guide is shaping up nicely, I formatted a fair bit already, and there's only 2 achievements that need some more love:

- A whereabouts guide for 'Trying Everything Once'

- A decent, easy way to obtain 'Wrecking Ball'

I have several solutions I'll be testing soon for the latter, so here's hoping it's only the first left and I'll consider this guide pretty much final.

Yes, but as far as I know, you can't switch difficulty in a playthrough. I'm silently hoping you can when switching to mercenary mode (which occurs after finishing the storyline) but I'm not to that point yet. I've been messing around with other things to get this guide finished asap.

i don't mean about changing difficulty during the game, i meant are there achievements u cannot get once the story is finished, like certain kills or the 1000 sabotages for example?

For the achievement Marksman (50 headshots)

this can be done with any weapon.

just aim for their heads while shooting ^-^

it's also a good way way to quickly dispose of enemies when you only have handgun bullets left, 1 shot to the head is usually an instant kill,which also saves alot of ammo :D

Great guide rrushn!

Not on elites. Those bastards take about 3 4 headshots to die.

That's what gets me about this game. Damage seems random. Sometimes an Elite will go down in 1 bullet, sometimes 4. Sometimes I'll get shot a little, and take little damage, sometimes I'll lose a lot more. Weird...

Also, Generals go down with 1 headshot, always, at least in my case. Are Elites better than Generals? That doesn't sound right to me.

Wrecking ball makes me wanna wreck my own balls. D:

Still looking for consistent ways for getting 5 kills with it. I had a fully detailed tip from someone on xbl, but I didn't manage to get kills with it consistently. I managed to get 4 in a row once, but was inside a race challenge so they didn't save when I died.

Rage ensued.

The biggest problem is that I can't find any consistent way to put up in the guide. Sure, I would get the achievement with getting a kill here and there, but that doesn't help you lot. D:

Added 'Wrecking Ball' description.

I'm sorry people, it's an annoying achievement, nothing to do about it. Until someone finds out a sure-fire method, the ones I listed will have to do !

I'd look myself for other possibilities, but I've spent about 4-5 hours on testing methods and I'm seconds away of fusing my controller with liquid crystals.

To be honest, I started on Casual as I knew the game would be a long-haul, and wanted to enjoy the game instead of being pissed off all the way through, and even on this difficulty my vehicles get raped in no time. Same with my health.

It seems that the only difference in difficulty would be a slight increase in enemies, everything else, such as damage and AI ability, is just the same. I say AI ability, but there is a serious lack of the 'I' and 'ability' part.

I don't know if it already been said, but you can get the "Invincible Warrior" Achievement on the very first mission. I started a new game on casual, when I got to where you blow up the SAMS, i destroyed them both with the mini gun. Then I grapple hooked the statue and stayed up there killing the enemies. They keep spawning on the left and right. I left the APC since I know someone would go in it and its an easy head shot. Just make sure you have full ammo for the pistol and sub machine gun. I only used the pistol, 1 shot to the head. Hope this helps.

I don't know if it already been said, but you can get the "Invincible Warrior" Achievement on the very first mission. I started a new game on casual, when I got to where you blow up the SAMS, i destroyed them both with the mini gun. Then I grapple hooked the statue and stayed up there killing the enemies. They keep spawning on the left and right. I left the APC since I know someone would go in it and its an easy head shot. Just make sure you have full ammo for the pistol and sub machine gun. I only used the pistol, 1 shot to the head. Hope this helps.

Added this to the guide yesterday, thanks for contributing anyway ! ;)

The guide is shaping up nicely, I formatted a fair bit already, and there's only 2 achievements that need some more love:

- A whereabouts guide for 'Trying Everything Once'

- A decent, easy way to obtain 'Wrecking Ball'

I have several solutions I'll be testing soon for the latter, so here's hoping it's only the first left and I'll consider this guide pretty much final.

I've been working on a little something to help that out. I've noticed that quite a few of the ones I was missing can be found in the race challenges. I'm working on a list of all the race challenges, what vehicle you get and where the race is located. Hopefully it will help a little atleast.

I've been working on a little something to help that out. I've noticed that quite a few of the ones I was missing can be found in the race challenges. I'm working on a list of all the race challenges, what vehicle you get and where the race is located. Hopefully it will help a little atleast.

Yeah, noticed that too. Hoping to finish all faction missions today and fire up the challenges.

I'll be glad to PLAY the game for a bit, instead of finding ways to add to the guide. ;-)

To be honest, I started on Casual as I knew the game would be a long-haul, and wanted to enjoy the game instead of being pissed off all the way through, and even on this difficulty my vehicles get raped in no time. Same with my health.

It seems that the only difference in difficulty would be a slight increase in enemies, everything else, such as damage and AI ability, is just the same. I say AI ability, but there is a serious lack of the 'I' and 'ability' part.

Developers said that the only difference between the difficulties is that enemies are more, and get smarter in each difficulty. I was playing on experienced but I got pissed off because I didn't want to play a game like this and get frustrated so I quit and started on Normal, and it seemed like I didn't change the difficulty at all.