Golden Idol Detailed Guide/Help Thread

Sniper Riflez

Sniper I only just noticed but I think it'll be worth adding in the Team Challenge Skillshots!!

If you need a list let me know and I can post them! Just noticed you don't have them up But you need to add them as there's an achievement linked to them.

I can't add this thread from my guide as you don't have them up, so I'm currently doing it to the other!

That'd be good, I haven't started Anarchy mode yet so i'll need a bit of help on that one.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone else has posted this one but...

For "Scarecrow"... In Act 5 Chapter 3 after the building and sewer you'll enter a large courtyard. First, clear the area of all but one enemy. The all you have to do is kick a Nom Parasite onto him then manoeuvre him so that a kik will net you the "Pricked" skillshot.

As long as the Nom Parasite is still on him you'll get Scarecrow.

I cannot get this one...

Screamer

SnapShot - Kill an airborne enemy the moment you have them in your sights.

Same as fast draw except kick them or slide them before.

Doesn't matter if I leash, kick, or slide kick them... I can only get instant head shots & not SnapShot. Any tips?

Go to an area with lots of enemies. Use your thumper on one guy, then just use snap-aim and fire till you get it. Kinda hit and miss, but I got it after 3 or 4 tries.

Here's the MP list for you. Can only be done in Anarchy Mode. You'll have to decide on where's best to get them but I'd say these can be done on most if not all maps! Some though can only be done on certain maps!

Barrels of Fun - A player kicks, leashes, or slides into an enemy, then a teammate kicks a barrel that explodes and kill then enemy.

Blood Bath - On Turbine, use the juicer to kill an enemy. <---These are the fans up high in the centre of the map.

Blood Fountain - On Waterworks, use the river to kill an enemy.

Blood Symphony - A player kicks, leashes, or slides into an enemy while in Blood Symphony mode.

Das Boot - You and at least one friend kick an enemy to death.

Double Penetration - Two players shoot an enemy and then the enemy dies. <--- Best gun to use is the PMC. Every teammate that scores a hit earns this skillshot when the enemy dies.

Fish Chow - On Junkyard, use the water fall to kill an enemy.

Flattery - On Grand Central, use the elevators to kill an enemy. <--- Push an enemy into the elevator shaft then use the leash to pull down the elevator, crushing your victim.

Ground Chuck - On Power Plant, use the grinder to kill an enemy.

Heat Wave - Two players use PMC charged shots on a miniboss enemy at the same time.

Make a Wish - On Grand Central, use the fountain to kill an enemy.

Man Crush - On Junkyard, use the crusher to kill an enemy.

Meatspin - On Grand Central, use the revolving doors to kill an enemy.

Midnight Express - On Grand Central, use the monorail to kill an enemy.

Nom Nom Nom - On Dead Rock, use the dinosaur skull to kill an enemy.

Not in Kansas - On Dead Rock, use the tornado to kill an enemy.

Royal Flush - On Waterworks, use the tubes to kill an enemy.

Savior - Kill an enemy that's attacking your teammate at close range. <--- If a teammate is being pummeled at close range, kill the enemy performing the melee strikes.

Tug-O-War - Enemy leash-grabbed by two or more players at the same time.

Yoink - A player kicks, leashes, or slides into an enemy, then a teammate leashes the enemy away and kills him.

For "Sucker" after the Burnouts crash a helicopter when you are in the building, a bit after this you meet the crashed helicopter with it's rotors still going, simply kick a Burnout in to it.

EDIT: This is the same helicopter used to kill the first Muta-Burnout, but needs to be done on a regular Burnout.

Edited by Heretic Dean

Not sure if anyone else has posted this one but...

For "Scarecrow"... In Act 5 Chapter 3 after the building and sewer you'll enter a large courtyard. First, clear the area of all but one enemy. The all you have to do is kick a Nom Parasite onto him then manoeuvre him so that a kik will net you the "Pricked" skillshot.

As long as the Nom Parasite is still on him you'll get Scarecrow.

Ah thanks man, I thought it had to be a Vodoo Doll skillshot with a nom on their head, i'll edit it now.

Just unlocked mine :)

Edited by Sniper Riflez

Im having problems with the DING DONG secret skillshot.

I shoot the one that is closest to me and then the other jumps over the concrete wall.

But when i leash the door and the rocks fall down he just dies without it giving me the skillshot.

Done it 8 times already...! Help ?

Great guide. I only had 4 left to do when I checked this thread out but it made the last 4 (Air-Strike, Floater, Forced and Halloween) so much freaking easier and faster. Thanks.

Also I've noticed in this and other threads that people are having some issues with the screamer skillshots in particular the ones that say "as soon as you have them in your sight". A good way to get these is to let the auto-aim/snap aim help. Leash or kick an enemy to weaken them a little then aim a little bit to their side and hit LT. Your reticle will "snap" to the target (this works even on very hard). Fire immediately and if you kill them you will get the various skillshots

Edited by bigbear.

Meat Slicer - Slice an enemy in half while wrapping the flail around an object.

Easy when a enemy is near a pillar or building column, aim for the torso.

Head Slicer - Decapitate an enemy after wrapping the flail around an object.

Easy when a enemy is near a pillar or building column, aim for the head.

does anyone have any extra tips for those?

Meat Slicer - Slice an enemy in half while wrapping the flail around an object.

Easy when a enemy is near a pillar or building column, aim for the torso.

Head Slicer - Decapitate an enemy after wrapping the flail around an object.

Easy when a enemy is near a pillar or building column, aim for the head.

does anyone have any extra tips for those?

Meat Slicer is easy on the Collapsed Build level/Echo. Have the Flailgun on you and you'll turn the corner at one point and that guy will be on the machine gun across the other side. Just line up and fire off a normal shot. his area is also in the demo!!

Meat Slicer is easy on the Collapsed Build level/Echo. Have the Flailgun on you and you'll turn the corner at one point and that guy will be on the machine gun across the other side. Just line up and fire off a normal shot. his area is also in the demo!!

hm, i got no clue what area you're talking about xD but i think im doing it wrong... how do you do it? I cant seem to make anyone connect to anything @_@...

These are the last 2 I ned so its quite annoying

Also another easy way to do kick of doom, is to actually just kick the bomb back at the mini boss. Thats how I got mine at least.

Edited by luke391

I just though I would post some advice on three skill shots that current descriptions I think are either lacking or there is a better way to do.

For Fireworks (Screamer) you should mention that it only really shoots them high enough when you stand directly under them and shoot the flare directly upwards into them.

For Gunslinger (Screamer) what I believe to be the hardest in the game, there is good spots on Act 2 chapter 1: Damsel in Distress as it has lots of glowing red enemies who explode. Trick is to get as close as possible but not let them wrap chain around you and quickly press in basically both triggers at once (right a split second later) and do this twice in a row. It is still hard this method but after a bit of trial and error I got it and I think this is the best way.

For Air Strike (Penetrator) Here is a really good you tube video showing how to do it quickly, you can just write the method it uses [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQNLgybeQps]YouTube - Bulletstorm Air Strike Skillshot[/ame]

Hope it helps! :)

Edited by callmeclean
needed to bold more

hm, i got no clue what area you're talking about xD but i think im doing it wrong... how do you do it? I cant seem to make anyone connect to anything @_@...

These are the last 2 I ned so its quite annoying

Also another easy way to do kick of doom, is to actually just kick the bomb back at the mini boss. Thats how I got mine at least.

Wow.. ok.. Really?

This level at 55 second!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QvGOrSy2xY]YouTube - Bulletstorm Guerrilla Tactics Achievement Guide (and trophy)[/ame]

Secret Skillshots (Spoilers beyond)

Mass Extinction - Stomp someone to death with the dinosaur.

Target an enemy while controlling the dinosaur and press RB.

Are you all sure that it's a stomp? I never once pressed RB during that chapter outside of the sequences that wanted you to smash something, and I was getting it plenty of times. You sure it's not the dinosaur's version of the Full Throttle?

I had trouble getting DING DONG too but i've found a way to get it. Just run to the concrete wall without killing the first ennemy and jump over it, the 2 ennemies will run to your mates. Leash one of the ennemy to you and leash the door on him DING DONG!