Mini-kit achievement glitched

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received this responce from TT Games today about the glitch. Not sure if it works as I traded my copy in this morning!:mad:

Here is what they said:

"Have you tried entering every level in Freeplay and selecting 'Save & Exit'? This has been known to fix the issue as it recounts every levels collectables total."

Can people let me know if it works?

Thanks in advance.

i tried as well and it did not work for me

Hey guys, just to dispel the rumour about co-op mode being a cause of the glitch I played the full game with 2 players and both of us picked up minikits and I still got the achievement instantly after picking up the final one.

I also unlocked all the red bricks with cheats, unlocked quite a few of the minikit characters with cheats beforehand and used the minikit detector.. so I don't think those are the issue either =/.

Good luck getting it anyways, hope they patch it for you all.

Always find this strange as I've played all the Lego games and I don't remember coming across any glitches and I've played a bit of co-op with the missus on a few as well. On this one I used a few cheats for red blocks, which I've never done before, also the secret character which looks badass. Still, everything's worked for me.

Ok Thanks to everyone who tried it. I will reply to his email and ask what they're next course of action is!

I am going to give this method one more try. when I did it the last time, i made sure to collect atleast a few coins and then i exited out. i thought colelcting a few coins migh change the data and help out.

this time i wont do a darn thing. as soon as the level starts, i will save & quit and post my results.

to me, not really a HUGE deal. i will make a new save file and use all the cheats i can to finish and get all the mini kits. if at that point i dont get the cheevy, then i'll get upset.

Does anyone know if they fixed this glitch yet.

It's still glitched as I should have gotten mine the other day (5/2/11). I started a new game and got the achievement 2 days later on that second save.

And a little bit of info on what I did differently. First playthrough I would save and exit level when I got what I needed. I unlocked my minikit characters everytime I unlocked about four new ones. And only code I used was to unlock Savage Opress, but this wasn't till after my achievement glitched anyway.

Second playthrough I used codes to unlock cheats early. I always finished a level to completion rather than save and exit. I didn't bother unlocking any of the minikit characters.

It's still glitched as I should have gotten mine the other day (5/2/11). I started a new game and got the achievement 2 days later on that second save.

And a little bit of info on what I did differently. First playthrough I would save and exit level when I got what I needed. I unlocked my minikit characters everytime I unlocked about four new ones. And only code I used was to unlock Savage Opress, but this wasn't till after my achievement glitched anyway.

Second playthrough I used codes to unlock cheats early. I always finished a level to completion rather than save and exit. I didn't bother unlocking any of the minikit characters.

Did exact same and worked only advice I can give is do not save and exit complete the level to the end.

Just finished the game - 100% - all achievements except this one. My son completed the game 100% and got this achievement and he spent a lot of time using the "save and exit" - sometimes before the minikit had even hit the minikit counter. No issue for him. Can't face running through the whole game again - twice - to get this.

Seriously. Would it be that hard to modify the 100% completion achievement's unlock parameters to include a check to see if the mini-kit achievement has been unlocked? If the 100% cheevo one is unlocking, then all the mini-kits must have been collected and it forces the mini-kit achievement to pop if it hasn't already.

Or, for an even simpler method, add a patch to check when the game is loaded that checks if the 100% completion achievement is unlocked. If it is and the mini-kit one is not, it pops the mini-kit achievement.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

heres a quick question has anybody got any idea whether if you insert all te character codes from the cheat list will this pop the achievement for the minikits

No. You still have to collect all the minikits for the minikit achievement. The codes only unlock the character, not the minikit.

Got this achievement this weekend. My son played as my #2 player (not signed into his Live profile), and he grabbed 1/3 of the minikits.

The achievement popped for me with 4 minikits left to collect.

Game glitches for me as well. I got to 100% completion and no achievement.

I had one other issue though. I had to replay one of my levels in story mode because the achievement didn't unlock when I played through the first time.