Achievement Guide and Road Map

The Pants Party

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/429/5-2CWeA=.jpgOne is all I need 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Kill 5 Infected in a row with a single blow.

This description here seems to be misleading some people, but all you need for this is five consecutive one-hit kills with a melee weapon. I got this with the sickle you earn in an early side-quest, while using Analog controls. With the analog control scheme, it is actually much easier to pull off a head slice with the right-to-left motion of the thumbstick. Let zombies charge you as their momentum seems to aid the decapitation. A good spot for this is while defending the gas station during Chapter 2. About 6-8 zombies will charge you when you open the garage door.

Another method is to join a friend toward the beginning of a new game with your high level character. The lower level zombies will easily die in a single shot.

This achievement invloved you killing 5 Infected zombies. Meaning the running ones. If you look at them it will specifically say "infected". And the best way to get a one hit on them is when THESE SPECIFIC zombies are running at you.

That is why the achievemernt says Infected. And I know 100% that it has to be infected cause I have a weapon that kills zombies in one hit (infected, walkers, etc) not the big zombies (thugs, rams, floaters, etc) and the achievement progress only counted if you did infected. Same with my friend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easier way to get the 10 heads are better than 1 achievement is on ACT1, Quest= Make yourself at home.

As many of you know there is a Thug who won't fight back. Make sure you got plenty ammo when you get there. First I hit his arms with a blunt weapon (to get more xp) then I started hitting him with a sword to get the health down. When the health was almost gone I shot him in the head. Once he dies don't pick up the keys he drops just load checkpoint and do this 9 times more. Be careful not to kill him when you are trying to lower his health. Better be safe than sorry :) So if you have enough ammo you can easily take a few shots at his head. I had a shock pistol that I used. Also this was on my second playthrough. I found this to be the easist way as he will just stand there so you get a clear shot towards his head and there won't be any other zombies bothering you.

Finally I got to level 50! Found that doing the champagne quest was really effective. But I didn't want to farm champagne, so I just did the oleander thing for last 2 levels :) If I've already done every quest once and finished the game, I don't think I missed out on anything by buying 700 oleanders and giving them to that guy. It was boring as hell, but rather that than grind the same missions again with the same character

Edited by purpleinsect

• 6 months later...
The guide says there are no missable achievements. Shouldn't There and Back again be listed as missable? As if you have less than 56 locations before going to the Prison, you have to play through the whole game again to get it...

You don't have to play through the WHOLE game again. You can chapter select... unless something changed. You can even jump into a friend's game that is at the right place and get it that way... So it's not really missable.

(Edit)Besides... to get all the achievements you have to play the game AT least twice if not more so if you are getting all the achievements it's not missable.

has the patches made the achievements less glitchy.

Theoretically... but some people are still popping up saying they have issues. Not as many though... Although that may be because this game is way old now.

• 3 weeks later...

It's probably worth mentioning in hte roadmap (but particularly relating to the 72 locations achievement) that if your online status changes (you loose or gain connection to xbox live) your achievement progress gets reset by a couple of minutes.

So for example if you do the quest in act 1 in the hotel while disconnected from xbox live and connect say right at the end of hte hotel its possible that you wont get credit for all hotel areas.

The kill xx enemies in a row achievements will also reset etc

There is a part in Moresby... the beach right behind Nick's house area. You walk down from Nick's and there is a group of them off to the right. Huck some meat bait over there. Wait for them all to gather and that should pop it for ya. Myself, my brother and one of our friends got it there. So I know there is at least 10. GL mate!

o00 old post but thank you! lol this is one of the last achievements i need save the DLC which i havent started yet. i remember i used to farm rage kills over there a lot when the game came out. everytime i try to get 10 zombs on fire at once by that wambulance i only get 8 or 9 :(.

for some reason i have a hard time finding nicks area in the city now, i think when i got there before i was always just tailing my friends haha. but i do remember they respawn everytime you go in and out of nicks apartment, so its a pretty safe bet to get 'light my fire' there. with molotov and meat bait blueprint, im hoping i can get this tonight!

o00 old post but thank you! lol this is one of the last achievements i need save the DLC which i havent started yet. i remember i used to farm rage kills over there a lot when the game came out. everytime i try to get 10 zombs on fire at once by that wambulance i only get 8 or 9 :(.

for some reason i have a hard time finding nicks area in the city now, i think when i got there before i was always just tailing my friends haha. but i do remember they respawn everytime you go in and out of nicks apartment, so its a pretty safe bet to get 'light my fire' there. with molotov and meat bait blueprint, im hoping i can get this tonight!

Yeah, that was the most consistent for me... it still took some luck though. I think there might be like 11 total... so you have to get them all close. Then huck the meat bait. THEN huck a molotov and hope it hits them all. It really does help to have at least one other person to help with the wrangling.

• 5 months later...
Did they patch "Swing them sticks" so the driving kills no longer register towards it? Tried it a bunch earlier but couldn't get those kills to count for the analog control kills no matter what I did.

I found a solution for it on True Achievements. You need to be playing the game alone, change to analog before you start the game, have fists equipped and throw a few punches in the air before getting in the vehicle. This worked for me, but at one point I got out of the vehicle and when I got back in the counter didn't increase. I suppose you have to throw the punches every time before entering a vehicle during a play session for it to count.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Just completed my 100% achievements in this game yesterday, thanks for the guide folks. That killing a ram with a tackle one takes a while, even after beating him down to low health with a weapon I think I had to tackle him 20 times or so.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
"+Number of missable achievements: None"

So there and back again is not missable?? then why do I have to have 57/72 before the prison?

Because you are given a prompt before leaving for the prison that you can not return. I suppose it is missable if you ignore that prompt, leave, and then save. But really, if you do that, it's on you at that point.

Because you are given a prompt before leaving for the prison that you can not return. I suppose it is missable if you ignore that prompt, leave, and then save. But really, if you do that, it's on you at that point.

Ok I can live with that :)

How about this? To see if you're on track, you should have 18 at the end of Act 1, 45 at the end of Act 2.

I dont know if I missed any in act 1, can I still go back to this area from where I am now? (just reached the jungel).

Not sure if it has been posted, but the weapon dupe glitch still works, was playing around last night with it and found out how to do it. You need to press and hold :ybut: before :ltbut: and :rtbut: The timing has to be perfect, but if you get it right it will duplicate your held weapon.

First hold :ybut:, then hold :ltbut:, then press :rtbut:

Edited by BluWolve

Struggling to get the Can't Touch This achievement. I get to about 9 or 10 then get mobbed from out of nowhere from behind.

I might be doing this wrong, but I have tried to join much lower rated games online yet the enemies I come up against are still my level.........do I have to be invited to a game or something?