So what's it like?

Seen as there is virtually no information on this game I was just wondering if it is any good, it's only £25 on play.com, so is it worth it and how hard is hard the setting? because, the difficulty of the achievements would good to know as well.

Thankyou in advance.

I actually don't think its that-bad-a game for a budget title, i've played FAR worse. Sure its not gonna be the next Forza 2 / PGR / TDU but it IS fun and cheap. If you like your driving games then consider it next time you need a new game...

Tag: i am dabe

It's a fun game, as long as you don't expect too much. It's a very arcadey car chase game, it's as good as that suggests. :) Or as bad - depends if you'd rather play Gran Turismo or Crazy Taxi.

The achievements are pretty straight-forward and you can most likely get them all within a rental, though some of the missions on Hard are genuinely, well, hard.

So, yeah, it's alright, as long as you don't boot it up expecting it to blow you away or anything.

• 3 weeks later...

It`s a cheap and cheesy trash game.

No wonder - it`s based on a shoddy tv series by RTL.

If you have played Mercedes Benz World Racing and World Racing 2 on the old xbox you know what to expect technically.

Those two games were also made by Synetic and use the same game engine.

They also made following PC games:

- Have a N.I.C.E. day!

- N.I.C.E. 2/Breakneck

- Mercedes Benz Truck Racing

- Alarm für Cobra 11 - Nitro (predecessor to Crash Time)

The two game landscapes in the game are quite big and are nicely designed.

The missions are not too varied and some missions are really frustrating.

And there are some bugs or shitty game design that are annoying:

I have turned off the instant action replays and set the volume of the horrible dialogues to 0% but it won`t help.

The game has nine (?) cases which consists of several missions.

But it seems that you got to complete all or most missions of a case or you got to start over the whole case again (saw occasionally a autosave message popping up).

And there is a nice graphical error in the car selection (had the same error in the demo):

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/3898/grafikschrddelsf2.jpg

Garbled on top and cars that are too short or too tall.

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/8931/choroqbus2jp2.jpg

ChoroQ FTW! :D

Best part of the game are three small videos in english language showing how three stunts of the tv series were planned and executed. ;)

The MSRP of the game here in Germany is whopping 50 Euro (fullprice games are around 65 Euro) but I had luck and Amazon Germany lowered the price down to 30 Euro (20 Pounds).

And RTL and Synetic already threatened us with another Cobra 11 game (PC and 360) for X-Mas. :eek:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The game is good. I liked the feel of the driving.

The only thing that I did not like was the non existent map. Theres ALOT of driving through checkpoints in this open type world and youve only got a small mini map in the top right corner. Theres no way of viewing the entire map to see where you need to go. Most of the time youre driving around HOPING youre heading in the right direction. The waypoint arrow is useless it points through houses and barns.

Other than the fucked waypoint markings and no full map its okay and a nice 1000 points.

You know those movies that are so bad, but are fun to watch and laugh at? This game is like that.

It's an old-school style driving game based loosely around a cheesy story, with redundant dialogue and some races on the side. The graphics aren't the best and could probably run on the old xbox. But the cars control fairly well, if only after getting used to the fact that they behave like they weigh 5 pounds. Other than that the vehicle control is more direct still than some of big titles that come out like GTA and NFS. As a matter of fact this game is a better Need for Speed than some of the NFS games that have come out in the last couple years. The key is going in with low expectations. And no, it's not an easy 1000. Beating some of the missions on hard is very frustrating with the crap checkpoint system and lack of a in-game map to plan your route. But if you like driving games, and find this one cheap - you can give it a try and be surprised.

• 6 months later...

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/3898/grafikschrddelsf2.jpg

Garbled on top and cars that are too short or too tall.

Good to see that its not just my version that had the f**ked up s**t at the top of the screen when you select a car.

Just picked up the game for 59 DHS ($20, roughly 8 pounds) and I find it quite frustrating. But easy achievements and its an ok game!

• 3 weeks later...

I recently picked it up to, just because giant Bomb did a hilarious video of it.

It was alright for an ass game, but getting lost because the horrible direction arrow suck in this game is annoying. Plus, apparently the germans don't know how to design a highway system that makes a bit of goddamn sense.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got this game at the weekend, have to say that although it isn't pretty there's a good deal of gameplay in it.

Only major gripe I have is that when driving through dimly lit tunnels the traffic doesn't se the need to have their lights on, meaning you can drive into the back of the without ever seeing them.

• 6 months later...

I got it over the weekend after playing 2 first and was impressed. This one leaves a lot to be desired. Despite turning the auto replays off, it keeps showing me replays, and usually at the most inconvenient of times. I'm only playing the first mission, the point where you chase the taxi down to destroy it. It seems when I get close to hitting the guy it will replay the last scene where I did hit him and you lose all momentum and before you know it, he's gone. the other thing is, if you hit him up pretty spectacularly and you voth get sent off the road behind the barriers, you hit select o put you back on the road and you suddenly find he's 450 metres away and you ain't got a hope in hell of closing up 270 metres in the 5 seconsd it gives you. Going straight back up for sale. I've never played a more frustrating game. It's a shame as I quite enjoyed the 2nd one.