Rock band 2 -- f.a.q.

neok182

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5246/rb2faqel8.jpg

So to hopefully answer some of the annoying questions that have already be answered i'm whipping this up. if anyone knows of something i've missed please let me know and i'll add it.

This is now seperated into Gameplay/Accessories and Achievements

GAMEPLAY/ACCESSORIES FAQ

Q: How do I export my Rock Band songs to Rock band 2?

A: have 400 MS Points. Load up rock band and go to options and then go to export. it will take about 10 minutes and 1.5GB of space on your hard drive.

Q: Where are my exported songs?

A: Go to your memory section they show up as saved games with the rest of your DLC. Yes you can erase ones you don't want in RB2 for example tom sawyer because there is a non-cover version coming. In the game they will show up sorted in whatever sorting you have set. They have a 1 next to them.

Q: Wheres my Metallica, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden

A: Metalllica and Ozzy sold out to Guitar Hero. Run to the Hills was a cover and Harmonix has not said why it can't be transfered.

Q: Wheres the single player?

A: 'Career' mode is gone. Only thing is challenges and World Tour. World Tour can be done 100% on your own though not all the achievements can be.

Q: How do i unlock songs then?

A: by playing them. when you see them in a city or play them in a mystery setlist (what i do). You can also play them online you'll unlock any song you play as well as do the challenges. online/challenges are probably the easiest/fastest way to go.

Q: No career sucks! World tour caps the fans so i can't finish!

A: Yea no carrier does kinda suck but there is no fan cap. Then game allows you to get enough fans to unlock everything but not much beyond that. Hard/Expert difficulty is the way to go if you want tons of fans. I don't know what it does on easy but on Medium when you hit 550,000 it caps your earned fans at 6,000 per set. So you still get fans just not a lot.

Q: The notes show up wierd and it is calibrated wrong

A: Try these preset settings. if they don't work just keep messing around until it's fixed. if you have the RB2 guitar than it can do it automatically.

TYPE -- (AUDIO) -- (VIDEO)

LCD 1 -- (60) - (30) what i use

LCD 2 -- (5) - (50)

CRT -- (0) - (0) (no calibration should be needed at all)

DLP -- (80) - (60)

Rear-Projection - (5) - (30)

Plasma - (50) - (50)

Q: Where is the jukebox, photo, and my 20 songs?

A: Jukebox: was taken out at the last minute. gone for good most likely.

Photo Mode: Should get unlocked when the new RB site comes out and the other versions are released

20 Songs: Will be released sometime this fall. Code on the back of the manual gets them for ya. i'll post the link and info on how to get them when they're released.

Q: This crap is expensive, what instruments work?

A: Guitar: GH3 Les Paul, GH2 Explorer, RB1 Guitar, RB2 Guitar

Drums: RB1 Drums, RB2 Drums, GHWT Drums

Q: Why can't I buy the bundle/Instruments?

A: The bundle for the Xbox 360 comes out next month same time as the PS3/PS2 ones. The Instruments can be bought separately now and should be available everywhere. Walmart, Best Buy, and Game Stop are the best places to look. Some stores did not stock them on sunday as they had the wrong release date (tuesday) but at this point you should not have any trouble finding them. Best thing is to print out the website for the store showing that it's in stock and on sale and bring it with you that way if they say they can't sell it prove them wrong. Friend of mine had to do this at my local best buy for the new guitar.

Q: Why are you so awesome?

A: Because i have a pet Pikachu that wrote this all up. i just sat here (^_^) Oh and because I was once killed 16 times in 30 seconds on Halo. true story.

ACHIEVEMENT FAQ

Q: How do I get ______ Achievement?

A: Check out this Achievement Guide: HERE

Q: What are the Impossible Challenges?

A: They are located in your character's tour mode. You play challenges for a specific instrument in ascending order until you unlock the Impossible Challenge, which you play.

suggested by Teh Evil

Q: I need another person for Buy A Real Instrument Already! Achievement, what should I do?

A: You CAN do it by yourself as long as you play EXPERT.

suggested by Teh Evil

Q: What happens if someone in the band fails out during the endless setlist, but I save them?

A: It does NOT count as failing a song unless the band fails out (I.E. the song is stopped and it says "Song Failed."

suggested by JMills109

Q: If I happen to press the Xbox guide button, unplug the controller, my battery runs out, my dog runs away with the drum sticks, or anything else imaginable, will I still get the Iron Bladder achievement?

A: ANY time the game is stopped by ANY means other than the normal "post-song" screen, you will then forfeit your shot at the achievement. Period. If you don't believe this than look at the next question.

If you'd like to be the one to play through 80 songs and try something stupid to prove otherwise, feel free, but don't ask what's going to happen when you do so.

suggested by JMills109

Q: Will _____ pause the Endless Setlist?

A: ANYTHING that stops gameplay other than the screen at the end of a song counts as a pause. this includes:

Pressing the Guide Button

Pressing the Start Button

Unplugging the Guitar/Drum/Mic

The game can not be stopped for you to get the achievement. If someone wants to go through all 84 songs and prove one of these wrong, feel free but for your own well being don't try it. 84 songs is a lot of songs to go through twice.

Q: OMG I can't do the endless setlist on expert? so how do i get the bladder achievement?

A: The bladder achievement can be done on any difficulty. however to get the endlist setlists achievements you must be on medium or higher.

Q: OMG 84 songs? non stop? how the hell long is that?

A: Around 6 and a half hours. non-stop.

Q: I want to play in another friends band with him on their tour but im not earning any money! How will i ever possibly get the $100,000 for my achievement? And does this mean i have to play a bunch of the tour myself?

A: No absolutely not. You are able to earn money while playing in a friends band and vise versa. All you have to do is assemble your band and then go to Band Profile (in the practice space) Go To the roster tab and from there the band leader (host) just selects your name and promotes you to member instead of sub. You will now get cash for playing gigs on your friends band

suggested by xCOBRAx

---------------------

If you have anything you think should be added just let me kno and it'll be added. :woop:

First made: 9/17

9/17 edits: Link to achievement guide/spelling. Added new Questions

9/18 edits: added endless setlist pause question.

9/19 edits: more endless setlist/bladder stuff added.

Edited by neok182

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: No carrier sucks! World tour caps the fans so i can't finish!A: Yea no carrier does kinda suck but there is no fan cap. Then game allows you to get enough fans to unlock everything but not much beyond that. Hard/Expert difficulty is the way to go if you want tons of fans. I don't know what it does on easy but on Medium when you hit 550,000 it caps your earned fans at 6,000 per set. So you still get fans just not a lot.

Carrier? you might want to check it....

Few things that are bugging the crap out of me that EVERYONE SHOULD READ:

Q: What are the Impossible Challenges?

A: They are located in your character's tour mode. You play challenges for a specific instrument in ascending order until you unlock the Impossible Challenge, which you play.

Q: I need another person for Buy A Real Instrument Already! Achievement, what should I do?

A: YOU CAN DO IT BY YOURSELF AS LONG AS YOU PLAY EXPERT.

Q: What happens if someone in the band fails out during the endless setlist, but I save them?

A: It does NOT count as failing a song unless the band fails out (I.E. the song is stopped and it says "Song Failed."

Q: If I happen to press the Xbox guide button, unplug the controller, my battery runs out, my dog runs away with the drum sticks, or anything else imaginable, will I still get the Iron Bladder achievement?

A: Until someone can confirm otherwise, ANY time the game is stopped by ANY means other than the normal "post-song" screen, you will then forfeit your shot at the achievement. Period.

If you'd like to be the one to play through 80 songs and try something stupid to prove otherwise, feel free, but don't ask what's going to happen when you do so.

^^I added to the guide that until anything is confirmed, don't try cheating the game. Also, finished up the guide and requested a sticky.

This is a faq right? So, does anyone know what Swami Ben really does? Is it that I could either gain/lose money/fans as he sees fit? Same with that sketchy accountant. It seems like an unnecessary gamble.

im probably going to get yelled at. people telling me that my question has already been answered somewhere else. i looked but i cant find my answer. i guess im just a big stupid poo poo head. okay now that thats out of the way, i am having a problem. okay, so it all started the day the ley was released to export rock band 1 songs to the hard drive. that day i happened to have an old white 20 gig 360. i was exciting, and went ahead and downloaded the key and exported. unexpectedly, i got an elite the day the price drop happened (sept5th) i didnt have a transfer kit so i used a memory card to transfer all of my stuff over, including the export key. now while playing rock band 2, the rock band 1 songs only show up when i am connected to the internet. when i am unplugged, they dont show in the song list. this really wouldnt bother me, however, sometimes in setlists it tries to play one of the rock band 1 songs, causing me to have to back out to main menu. i was wondering if this was the case for everyone? or did i mess up my key somehow by transferring it with a memory card? i have redownloaded the key directly to my elite, but its still the same. does everyone have to be net-connected in order for the songs to show? i apologize for the long post, and appreciate any replies. thank you.

btw neok182 i love that rock star gamerpic. what is that from? if you dont mind me asking. thanks.

@SuPac: this SHOULD help you out. you use this to transfer the licenses to the arcade games and stuff so i would assume it would work with the RB export license. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

Reason for it is because the xbox doesn't realize on it's own that it's your console so you have to let microsoft know that hey i got a new xbox. once you do that everything should be fine.

and the gamerpic is from the GTA IV Cause Chaos contest which isn't live yet but the gamerpic/theme are up. check under GTA IV in games on the marketplace.

you may want to mention under the question of unlocking songs that one of the quickest ways to do it is to start doing the challenges. Im not 100% on this as i still have drums and band left to do, but they are all different and for the most part dont repeat songs so i would imagine that by the end of the 5 challenges you will have unlocked most of the songs in the game and you can mop the rest up in world tour

Either I'm retarded or... I'm retarded.

Other than stars by the name of songs in Tour mode, is there anywhere that shows what stars you got on each song? Completed challenges don't show stars... quickplay doesn't show stars. Are we now stuck with just scores and no stars?

Also, may I suggest bolding the questions to make the FAQ easier to navigate.

Edited by Lucent Beam