Wildlife Reserve boss fight help on TVHM (spoilers)

ponypo2001

Anyone got any tips at all for this fight solo? I cannot survive for two seconds once Bloodwing dives down. It seems impossible to dodge. If she doesn't get me, the skags that keep spawning do. I've tried hitting her from the top of the lift by the respawn station but her health keeps resetting.

So far I've found playthrough 2 quite doable but this is a complete brick wall for me. I'm playing as Maya BTW. Weapons, mods etc are all fine. I can decent damage but like every enemy on this mode, one hit and I'm done.

Anyone got any tips at all for this fight solo? I cannot survive for two seconds once Bloodwing dives down. It seems impossible to dodge. If she doesn't get me, the skags that keep spawning do. I've tried hitting her from the top of the lift by the respawn station but her health keeps resetting.

So far I've found playthrough 2 quite doable but this is a complete brick wall for me. I'm playing as Maya BTW. Weapons, mods etc are all fine. I can decent damage but like every enemy on this mode, one hit and I'm done.

As zero I had no issue what so ever with her....what level are you?

I have a 1200 shield and mostly used a SMG with 142 damage and slag effect.

Level 42 at the mo. My main prob is just the damage output from enemies. My shields are 14.2k but one hit from anything instantly depletes them and leaves me with like 200 health. I think I'll either have to open up the game for some help or go level up a bit. Was trying to leave side quests till playthrough 2.5 for the better loot but I don't think that's going to work for me now.

Level 42 at the mo. My main prob is just the damage output from enemies. My shields are 14.2k but one hit from anything instantly depletes them and leaves me with like 200 health. I think I'll either have to open up the game for some help or go level up a bit. Was trying to leave side quests till playthrough 2.5 for the better loot but I don't think that's going to work for me now.

not sure how you only have 200 health at level 40, Im a 24 with 1300 health and that's with minus 300 health from my shield....as for not being able to dodge him i don't know what to tell you I dodged him fine, but I might have a move faster perk in my skill tree.

not sure how you only have 200 health at level 40, Im a 24 with 1300 health and that's with minus 300 health from my shield....as for not being able to dodge him i don't know what to tell you I dodged him fine, but I might have a move faster perk in my skill tree.

You misundersand. I only have 200 health after being hit and my shield depleting. My actual health is 12.7k! Just to clarify here, I'm on True Vault Hunter mode, not the first playthrough. I rolled through her on the first playthrough.

You misundersand. I only have 200 health after being hit and my shield depleting. My actual health is 12.7k! Just to clarify here, I'm on True Vault Hunter mode, not the first playthrough. I rolled through her on the first playthrough.

ahh...sorry not sure how I missed that. Then yeah I'm still on my first play through. Never mind....

To dodge him I just stuck to the walls. They have a slight edge on them that cover you a bit. As for the skags , I can't help because my turrets took care of those. :uzi:

If the skags aren't infinite spawn, you could try sticking to the walls and kill the skags first.

Sadly they just keep coming. I've had to quit out and will grab a couple more levels then it should be fine. Difficulty spike here solo is really noticable. I thought I was pushing my luck going through when I did as some mobs were 3 levels higher.

Sadly they just keep coming. I've had to quit out and will grab a couple more levels then it should be fine. Difficulty spike here solo is really noticable. I thought I was pushing my luck going through when I did as some mobs were 3 levels higher.

Worst spike I found was the Gluttonous Thresher!. I had to hide on a cliff and sit there throwing out my turrets, lol.

I'm on Borderlands 2 every day from around 1pm-1am (uk time), so if you want help beating Bloodwing, just send me a message/invite. :drunk

I was a commando so i don't know about skags, but for bloodwing herself, i will say get a VERY high damage weapon "as high as you can find" and wait for her to land. You will die, but if you get her to land at least twice you will be able to beat her. That is how i beat her. Even with my turret killings skags, she has no opinion in my turret and still went for me, so her damage is pretty insane. The only way i beat her is waiting for her to land and giving her everything i had "i was using a assault rifle 4,000~ damage explosive".

I had little difficulty beating bloodwing on TVHM, although it was my hardest fight since Wilhelm.

I was a level 44 siren with an adaptive shield (pretty damn important for this fight) as well as maxed out in the healing class. I beat her by myself since all my friends always seem to have more important things to do :p

I mainly just used my rocket launcher on her when she landed, and then ran around (leave the skags alive for second winds) and collected the health while running.

If you take her down enough you can get a second wind from her, as this is what I had to do to beat her first (fire) form.

Not sure which skill tree or mod you are using, but just leaving my input.

Interesting. I beat her solo on my first try in just a couple minutes on TVHM. I play as Zero, and only used the deception mode a few times. My shield was like 18k, but everytime she hit me, I never lost all of it. I used a sniper rifle with 10k damage, and about half way through remembered I had a rocket with 100k damage. Took her out real fast and easy. If you don't have those, SMGs are great. I have one with over 2000 damage. I'm a level 45.

I was Maya when i encountered Bloodwing. Damn he looked cool but was kinda easy of a kill. i used a caustic SMG, Phaselock and when he got in close i switched to an static rocket launcher. He went down fast. I was level 19 i believe

we were referring to True Vault Hunter Mode, its the second playthrough where everything is much harder, but I definitely remember blasting through her the first time with my friend. We barely got a scratch

I had same difficulty with it till I just said screw it and got my trusty shotgun out with zero and stood right in middle of arena and shot it in the face while it dived for me. basically unless you can do enough damage to kill it fast you wont be able to complete this fight. if you manage to kill its form while in fight for life it restores you also. If you are really good with joystick and/or playing on pc you can do the same thing with sniper just make sure to land head shots. This bird doesn't have too many hp at all.

Side note: The skagg script for this fight seems buggy. Sometimes I would get overwelmed by countless skagg others none spawned. It is bad to the point I dont know what is the proper script and not the bugged one.

Edited by asdfen