Collectibles Farming Guide

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did use the "active-farming" method, see this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=274169

And after 5h of farming (playthrough 1, level 69 Siren) I came up with these collectibles:

Pizza - 18

Panties - 35

Clapfish - 37

3D Glasses - 35

Oil Can - 25

Bobblehead - 16

I died a looot but then again I also had enough money hehe. One more DLC (the best) to go and I'm done with this game.

Lucky bastard finding that many pizzas! I've done a similar amount of hours, tho I'm leaving it run while I hide out behind some rocks, and I've seen one pizza. ONE!! That's all I need now, must have 10+ of the fish and pants, already got the rest of the collection achievements now, but those goddam pizzas are somewhere else, elusive!

Lucky bastard finding that many pizzas! I've done a similar amount of hours, tho I'm leaving it run while I hide out behind some rocks, and I've seen one pizza. ONE!! That's all I need now, must have 10+ of the fish and pants, already got the rest of the collection achievements now, but those goddam pizzas are somewhere else, elusive!

Do active-farming and you have it in no time. Better than just waiting.

• 1 month later...

One thing I've noticed with my own attempts at landing these last three collectible cheevos has been that if I personally shoot them, most of the time they rarely drop any of the desired items I need. Especially if I'm on playthrough 2 for some reason. I even have my Scavenger mod equipped with its +2 find rare items, just in case that can affect the drop. Not sure if anyone has noticed a difference in farming with or without such a perk on a mod or not. Any comments on that?

Certainly some of the most frustrating achievements I've bothered with on a game to say the least. I'm currently on my second attempt and am a little past the four hour mark with this go. It seems this round has been pretty much the same as my last. For me, I've had 2 pizza slices, a huge amount of clap-fish and 3-D glasses, several pink panties, maybe 4-5 oil cans and I think two bobble heads. It's frustrating having to waste so much time trying to get these.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I played all of the DLC when it was first released but only managed to get the 3D glasses achievement. I decided to go back to it (3 years later) and use the method descibed here. Got to the part of INAC and MINAC, found a spot to crouch where he couldn't shoot me and went to sleep !!wired controller or batteryless p&c!! Woke up 7 hours later, finished the mission and started the massive clean up from all the drops by the self destructing ClapTraps. !!THIS METHOD STILL WORKS!! I picked up all bobble-heads, oil cans, panties, fish and PIZZA!

• 1 year later...

So we had 1 DLC of utter shit combat arenas and now this. A DLC pack based on fucking collectables and to top it off... random fucking collectables.

No achievement is worth this kind of misery.

This fucking game man. The main game was really great. Even the zombie DLC was fun. But from there its just been a fucking shit bore man!

I cannot justify buying the sequel no matter how great people think it is.