Breaking Bad Discussion

Mr360xX

Those final few minutes were intense as hell. It was like watching a horror movie... everything is peaceful and nice, but you know SOMETHING is about to happen. I really liked the subtle ending in comparison to the past four season finales-- a guy punched to death, a plane crash, a gunshot murder and an explosion. Just the close up on Hank's face when he realizes everything was pretty perfect.

Even the most meticulous criminal makes mistakes. Fring made one and was killed for it. Walt has had a few oversights just this season... he thought he had everything with Fring wrapped up until thinking about the camera feed. He thought the train robbery went perfectly until the kid showed up. Leaving the book lying around the house was probably just a matter of him thinking nobody would ever be snooping around and looking at it... at least nobody who would ever know who "G.B." was.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walt conveniently leaving the Walt Whitman book from Gale on the back of the toilet seemed like an uncharacteristic move. Then again, I wonder if Skyler placed it there for him to find?

Epic finish to the hands down best season of the show. I firmly believe there is no better show on television today, maybe ever, that has been written so well and has maybe the best cast of actors of all time.

I applaud the writers of this show. This was the perfect cliff hanger to have me come back in six months for the rest of the season.

I, too, thought Hank wasn't going to find out until way later in the series.

I think Hank will either a) confront Walt about his findings or b) try to find more evidence before really doing anything.

And if Hank does confront Walt, I think Walt will try and use the 'I'm out and I've been out' excuse to try and dodge what's coming to him.

I was all like:

http://i47.tinypic.com/o5qp1y.jpg

the pics made my wife and I LOL.

I'm really interested in how Hank handles it. He's obviously going to be very upset and feel betrayed beyond understanding, by not only Walt, but Skyler.

But, Hank's boss was fired for being a friend of Fring at the beginning of the season. Hank is enviably closer to Walt. Not only that, but Walt's meth money paid for Hank's rehabilitation.

Exposing Walt would not only lose Hank his career, but he could also lose his home and possibly be charged as an accessory or conspirator, there would be some evidence there to suggest it as a possibility. So, it's going to be interesting if Hank sacrifices himself and his family to do his job.

Hank will go after Walt whether it means he loses his job or not. The Heisenberg/Fring case has been his life even when he was in rehab and after the case was considered closed, so really I don't think Hank will stop at anything to bring Walt to justice.

As for how it all plays out it could be a few different ways, from a big shootout (hence the M60), or a violent escape to perhaps the Czech Republic. Wish we didn't have to wait a year to see it.

First of all, I would like to point out that the montage of all nine of Mike's guys being taken out in brutal fashion in the space of a few minutes was simply spectacular and probably one of the most well-executed scenes (among many) yet seen in the entire show. But, yes, what a cliffhanger of an ending that was. Nobody else spot the metaphor of poetic justice here?

Now, one thing that a few may not have picked up on was the possible reason for Walt's decision to opt out of the business so suddenly. He said he was in the "empire business", so why stop now? Two scenes said it all for me: Walt going for the MRI scan and the bathroom scene. Yes, he may have received bad news that the cancer has returned, at least from my perspective it has, so he may want to spend the remaining time he has left with his family.

Now as for Hank, the realization that his brother in law is none other than the Heisenberg he has been chasing this whole time, I'm not so sure he will take this shocking discovery to Gomez and the DEA just yet -- more likely he'll confront Walt face-to-face first for questioning, which may then lead to him discovering Skyler's connection with the money laundering.

If you found out that a close member of your family was one of the biggest drug kingpins in the county, would you turn them in or try to understand their reasons and keep it to yourself? Although I suppose being in the position of the higher-ups in the DEA, that decision may not be so simple. He did find his Heisenberg guy in the end, so he could take it as a personal victory that no one else ever has to know about. Or turn him in, even though the cancer is going to get him sooner than later?

Hank is someone who likes the recognition of succeeding at something, especially amongst his peers. Him bringing down the great Heisenberg would be enough for him propel his reputation (and ego) to the sky and above. But for the sake of the fingers being pointed at him, questions raised on who paid for his rehabilitation treatment, the fear of blackmail, his career and family...is it really worth bringing this revelation to the forefront with such dangerous repercussions?

Other than that, I raise my glass (and a bag of the blue stuff) to Vince Gilligan and the team for another spectacular first half of a season. This really is the best show on television. It has everything -- a great script, writing, dark comedy, colorful and flawed characters, and most of all a phenomenal cast.

Oh, and after Breaking Bad is finished, Bob Odenkirk (Saul Goodman) seriously needs to get his own spinoff show. That shit would be classic.

Edited by Takamura Bear

Season Five Part Two Spoilers:

We get to know a little bit about Hank's work on Mars before he returned to Earth and joined the DEA. Image below. You heard it here first. Now let's hope the Mayans were wrong!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9t6iqcHs41qk7pano1_500.jpg

He's almost got a post-explosion Gus Fring thing going on.

And yes that's him. I'll save you the trip over to IMDB.

Edited by WalterWhite

Wowwwwwwww fuck the writers of this show leaving it like that!!! Well because of the intro of season 5 I'm going to say he gets away somehow as he actually has hair and a new identity so one would assume Hank plans to drop it on Jesse maybe :p

Oh btw it's not 6 months.

The second half of the split season is scheduled to premiere in summer 2013

SOURCE: http://tvline.com/2012/05/21/breaking-bad-season-5-premiere-date-hell-on-wheels/

Well I'm happy that Aaron Paul picked up another Emmy, but so disappointed that Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring) didn't get it this time. That is one fucking amazing quality actor.

Also, nothing wrong with man kisses. Nothing wrong at all. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCYFyznKKA]Aaron Paul kisses Giancarlo Esposito on the lips after winning Emmy - YouTube[/ame]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else catch this? Family Guy mocking fans of Breaking Bad and... ahh, wire. :p

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnZjREiW7-U]Family Guy Breaking Bad - YouTube[/ame]

And I couldn't help but laugh reading some of the points in this article. Some of them are hilariously true, sadly for me.

http://whatculture.com/tv/breaking-bad-50-ways-you-know-youre-a-hopeless-addict.php

50. You find yourself having the urge to add “…b*tch!” to the end of every sentence… b*tch.

49. Any mention of Danny Trejo in any capacity triggers a mental image of his head on a turtle.

48. You have nightmares about The Cousins in no real context. Just their menacing faces coming toward you.

47. Every time a crime drama show mentions the disposal of a body you find yourself trying to recommend hydroflouric acid to them.

46. When drama is going down and you need to convene with friends, you find yourself texting the word “POLLOS.”

45. You buy the takeaway’s largest pizza and feel the urge to see if you can frisbee it onto your garage roof.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We finally know when Walter White’s story will end, as AMC has announced Sunday, August 11th as the date Breaking Bad will return for its final eight episodes.

AMC also officially announced Talking Bad, a Breaking Bad after-show in the vein of Talking Dead – Keep in mind that Talking Dead has gotten better ratings than plenty of network shows of late. No host was announced for Talking Bad as yet, though it's hard not to assume Talking Dead's Chris Hardwick is at least in discussions for the show.

Breaking Bad will serve as the lead-in for AMC’s new drama Low Winter Sun, also premiering August 11th, starring Mark Strong (Kick-Ass) and Lennie James (The Walking Dead).

Talking Bad

AMC announces that it will air a special weekly, half-hour live after show to accompany the conclusion of its Emmy® Award-winning series, “Breaking Bad.” “Talking Bad” will analyze and dissect every detail of “Breaking Bad’s” final eight episodes beginning Sunday, August 11. “Talking Bad” will air at 11pm ET/PT, and will be produced by Michael Davies’ Embassy Row with Sony Pictures Television serving as the studio partner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...