Speaking of games The Game Room was such a fucking waste

Deadsea 1993

Wow its not really ''Free'' once you think about it cause you have to buy everything in it its total bullshit. Racked up my 15 GS in it and will never play it again. Everything is demos its a total waste of the download time it took me to get.

Who else hated this shit.

• 2 months later...

Not a waste, just a wasted opportunity.

The idea behind it was good. Play old school game in a virtual arcade with your avatars. I like stuff where my avatar actually becomes useful. (In a limited sense anyway)

This could have been soo much better. Add in games that aren't so old, or sell them cheaper because 240 is too much for an old old game. Especially cos you're not paying for a physical copy.

Definitely not a waste. Aside from the fact that they no longer seem to add anything new to it, I feel like it's my best purchase so far online. There are a decent chunk of games on it that are still great fun to play, assuming you like retro score based games, and even the ones that aren't so fun to play, are still neat to get a chance to try out.

I would agree with some of the posts here, good intentions poor implementation. I don't think it should've been as pricey and I definitely think that they could've included more in each purchase. Like many others, once I found out I had to pay for each level of games and what not, I was done with it.

• 2 months later...
What were the other ones 1vs100 closure and...

Dashboard updates?

Xbox original servers going down?

That one XBL server shutdown during the holidays that resulted in us getting Undertow for free?

The Sales and Specials app.

The XBLA hub app thing from a few years ago.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree it should have executed better, but I'm a little more forgiving. Probably because I am exactly who this was aimed at. I still had my Intellivision until a couple of years ago, and set out gathering up several of my favorites. I do wish there were more though. Only a fraction of my old games are available, and I keep seeing games on the promo screen that never became available (1000s of games *scoff*). My 11-year-old self would be ashamed of how far my ability at some of these has fallen.

What I wish XBLA would have done is present all of my downloaded arcade games in this format, so Assault Heroes and Castle Crashers would be in there too. Make interacting with my downloads a little more visually appealing. Beats all the other useless crap they've choked my Live menus with.

• 7 months later...

Definitely a wasted opportunity. I am working on completing all the achievements but I am really sick of it. $3 a game is too much but I'm paying for them anyway. They suddenly dropped support a long time ago and it shows. No new game packs in forever and the "News" section never went beyond "Welcome to Game Room."

But I have a question for everyone who still plays this: does exiting Game Room crash your system? It does mine. If I go in, don't play anything, and exit out there's no problem but if I go in and play a game, then exit out of Game Room - system freeze. I've always wondered if this happened to others.