Achievement Discussion

Method

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Man, screw this game. Why would I want to play with a plastic controller? Learn a real instrument already! Oh, snap, they got a real instrument now? Uh... well, damn, I already got a real guitar, so screw that. I'll play my game with a plastic controller the way it was meant to be played."

The Pro modes are there for people who have never played a real guitar before to actually play a real guitar. The Pro achievements are incentives to actually buy the instrument. If Harmonix didn't have any Pro mode achievements, they wouldn't get any money from the achievement whores. This was the smartest move they could have made.

If you're that upset, don't buy the instruments.

People who want to learn to play real guitar should probably buy a real guitar and some lessons instead of a GAME! X-BOX is a GAMING console, not an instructional device. Also, if you think Harmonix made a smart move by charging an outragious amount of money for instruments that are required to complete the game with no release day bundle, then you should post on a forum about fuckin people for money. This is a forum about ACHIEVEMENTS on a website dedicated to ACHIEVEMENTS, and I can't stand when fools like you and Twisted fate try to trivialize them.

FUCK RB3!!!!!:rant:

Edited by hazemonster

People who want to learn to play real guitar should probably buy a real guitar and some lessons instead of a GAME! X-BOX is a GAMING console, not an instructional device. Also, if you think Harmonix made a smart move by charging an outragious amount of money for instruments that are required to complete the game with no release day bundle, then you should post on a forum about fuckin people for money. This is a forum about ACHIEVEMENTS on a website dedicated to ACHIEVEMENTS, and I can't stand when fools like you and Twisted fate try to trivialize them.

FUCK RB3!!!!!:rant:

Grow up, please.

Pro instruments are nor required to comets the game. Your argument is now invalid.

The Xbox 360 is a gamig system that allows companies to release whatever games they wish, including instructional products. Your argument is now invalid.

The Squier is a real guitar, and Rock Band 3 teaches you just about everything a real guitarist needs to know. Your argument is again invalid.

Need I continue?

Edited by mikachu93

The Xbox 360 is a gamig system that allows companies to release whatever games they wish, including instructional products. Your argument is now invalid.

Weak, dude. You can do better than that. ;)

I would have gone a different direction. Such as: With the introduction of messaging, movies, media streaming, Facebook, Last.fm, Twitter, etc... XBox is no longer just a gaming console. Now his argument is invalid because you've proven his original assertion to be wrong and you've introduced the possibility of other uses in the future. Win/win.

Weak, dude. You can do better than that. ;)

I would have gone a different direction. Such as: With the introduction of messaging, movies, media streaming, Facebook, Last.fm, Twitter, etc... XBox is no longer just a gaming console. Now his argument is invalid because you've proven his original assertion to be wrong and you've introduced the possibility of other uses in the future. Win/win.

Bleh. I'm using my iPod. It's hard enough typing on this thing as it is.

Besides. Why bother typing all that out when I know someone else would come along and say it for me. :)

i dont see why everyone hates these achievements, i like having a little challenge. theres a lot of achievements but there all pretty easy. i know i'll have 1250 in this game pretty quickly just like every other rockband and guitar hero game. besides the keyboard, but im sure i'll be fine with it cuz i can play actual piano.. cant wait :D

i dont see why everyone hates these achievements

People hate them because of the cost of getting the Pro instruments, and see the expenditure as too much for just a few achievements. Instead of spending the money and getting a richer gaming experience, they think the only reason to get the instruments is to get achievements.

just for confirmation on any doubters out there about alex's luggage combination:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7aFA8g0uVU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Rock Band 3 Panel @ PAX Part VIII[/ame]

he specifically says it's a career score of 12 mil

It means hit 53596 HOPO's. You can play the same song over and over again to get it if you want.

Thx, but I also figured out meanwhile where this comes from:

Dead Rising had the "Kill 53594 infected"-achievement (equals the population of the area Dead Rising plays in [according to the heli-pilot's comment at the beginning), Left 4 Dead topped them with the "Kill 53595 infected"-chievo and said "Hey, in OUR game you have to kill ONE more" and now RB3 tops that again!

Thx, but I also figured out meanwhile where this comes from:

Dead Rising had the "Kill 53594 infected"-achievement (equals the population of the area Dead Rising plays in [according to the heli-pilot's comment at the beginning), Left 4 Dead topped them with the "Kill 53595 infected"-chievo and said "Hey, in OUR game you have to kill ONE more" and now RB3 tops that again!

What annoys me is that Prototype already added one to the L4D title but RB3 ignored it. Joke broken? :(

Dead Rising had the "Kill 53594 infected"-achievement (equals the population of the area Dead Rising plays in

It actually starts before that. 53,594 is the population of the town in the original Dawn of the Dead.

What annoys me is that Prototype already added one to the L4D title but RB3 ignored it. Joke broken? :(

More likely a snub. L4D and RB3 are both EA products, while Prototype is Activision. With Activision publishing the only real competition to the RB franchise it seems a little too convenient to think they didn't know/forgot about the Prototype achievement.

Edited by TwistedFate

• 4 weeks later...
I have one question about an achievement:

¿What band/s?

There will most likely be a check list in the game to tell you the bands, but a few of the bands include:

Abnormality

The Acro-Brats

Anarchy Club

Bang Camaro

Breaking Wheel

Death of the Cool

Freezepop

Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives

The Konks

Lybians

Megasus

Shaimus

Speck

The Main Drag

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

That Handsome Devil

Tribe

Vagiant (now Tijuana Sweetheart)

You Shriek

• 2 weeks later...

Why am I not showing up on the Achievement Leaderboards? What do I need to do?

I think my band score counted towards the Alex's Luggage achievement because I don't have remotely close to 12 million in career score yet (I'm more obsessed with playing through my updated DLC.)

As I said in the thread I created (I didn't see the sticky, I am blind to stickies) but Fastest Feet can't be done in Pro Drums mode.

The RBN Harmonix songs count towards the self-promotion achievement. I played one of the Main Drag songs (Dinosaur) and it shows up on the checklist now. The checklist doesn't show which songs count until you play them, however. Also, there are only four free songs listed for the free song achievement, but I don't remember which (I thought there were five so far.)

Also, for many of the goals and achievements, if you press A on the progress screen, it will take you to an automatic setlist that will complete the goal for you. If it something grand, like the HO/PO achievement, it will just take you to quickplay and let you choose songs.

To further clarify, if you choose the Dave Grohl achievement or the Harmonix achievement, it will bring you to quickplay where it only lists the songs you have to choose. For Hamonix it listed Shaimus, The Main Drag, Bang Camaro etc. (but it was missing a lot of other Harmonix bands) and for Dave Grohl it listed almost every Nine Inch Nails song, Nirvana, almost every Queens of the Stone Age Song, the Tenacious D songs, Crooked Vultures, etc. The four free songs are Get Your Rock On, Charlene, Headphones On, and Still Alive. It left off the two recent free songs.

Once you get to the quickplay screen from the goals screen, you can further filter by song length and difficulty, so if you are going for the quickest and easiest songs to complete these achievements, you can easily pick them out (unlike, say Green Day, where you needed a list of the 20 shortest songs.)