Health Vial Locations for "Like the Back of My Hand"

Jonesy999

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the achievement using your guide and the other guide about the other items and its really cool, you did a very great job with the vials... the other guide still needs a little work but after loads of maps you start figuring things out about their locations and well, the guide tells what items are there but not where they are, so atleast you know what you are looking for...

Anyways, thanks for making this great guide and if you still want to add something let me know, maybe I remember something, hehe, I know I just got it 5 mins ago, but it took me about 7 hours! x)

And by the way, i was choosing map by map with no bots or second controller, only myself on multiplayer (disabled bots), and when the "you got all the power ups" message popped up i just quitted and picked the next map... in case anyone wonders if thats possible, well, it is :p

As for the similar maps you only need to do them once, unless "necris" is next to its name, like the last one on war, theres like 5 torlan~, well you just needa get the power ups on Torlan and Torlan Necris.

Edited by Jonker3262

I finally got this achievement, after coming back to this forum every now and then to check if this achievement got patched or not. I'm going to relate my story about this achievement now that I have it, to help others still confused about it.

1. The achievement is finally patched and completely obtainable.

2. You must pick up every instance of health vial, armor, and power-up, which includes: Health Vial, Big Keg O Health, Jump Boots, Armor Vest, Thigh Pads, Helmet, Shield Belt, U Damage, Berserk, Invisibility, and Invulnerability.

3. You must pick all of these things up in 1 run of the map.

4. You must do all maps (INCLUDING THEIR NECRIS VERSIONS) but not "Short", "Classic", "Double Prime", "Free Mine", or "Two Fronts" versions.

5. All maps includes all "Deathmatch", "Capture The Flag", "Vehicle CTF", and "Warfare". "Team Deathmatch" and "Duel" are completed within "Deathmatch".

6. Redeemers, +25 Health Packs, Ammo, Weapons, and "Mines/Misc Weapons" are NOT necessary.

7. This can be done in Instant Action.

8. Once the white banner saying "All powerups found!" pops up on the bottom middle of your screen, you are done that map. You can also double check this by starting a game, pressing the start button, and going to the "Game" tab using RB or LB buttons. Use this feature to check the alternate versions (like "Short", etc) of the original maps to make 100% sure you are done the alternates after completing the original map.

9. If you dont get a banner on the bottom middle of your screen when you collect everything needed, you probably already got everything in one run of the map before the patch, and the messege will be in your "Game" tab of the start menu. This happened to me on Arsenal, I know.

10. You do not need another bot, 2nd player, split screen, system link, or a 2nd controller in the game to get this achievement.

11. You do not need to finish the map, just quit out once you recieve the white banner.

Simply get a list of the Vials, power-ups, and armor off this forum. Then do every map starting with Arsenal in Deathmatch to Torlan Necris in Warfare. Get the white banner to appear and quit out or make sure you have that messege in the bottom left of your "Game" tab in your start menu.

Hope this clears a lot up, or at least combines the info and questions out there to a more concentrated place. This is my experience with the game, should all be correct, sorry if you are still having problems and this doesn't help. I'm going to post this in a few threads to get people to see this if they need help.

Achievement Unlocked, February 6th.

how do i get to the 10 vials on the beam on rising sun ?

edit : nevermind dident no i can chnge gravity lol

Just get on either lift and when its about to get to the top, jump to the beam and you'll jump higher than normal and land on it. But well, thats another option xD

• 2 weeks later...

Rails - 8 Vials

[4- Near Each Helmet On Each Side Of The Base]

Jump Boots [2]

Armor Vest [2]

Shield Belt [2]

U Damage [2]

Berserk

Also, on a boat the goes through the canal, a third set of jump boots and an Invisibility.

Just going through your guide now, many thanks so far, but just wanted to point out the above...It says near each helmet on each side, but doesn't list that there are 2 Helmets. So I'm wondering if Helmet was replaced by something else by accident or are the 2 helmets in addition to the other items listed.

Thanks again!

FX.

Edit - yeah, just need to add the 2 helemts to the list.

ALSO!!!!

I'm having trouble find the 3rd armor vest on Downtown (warfair). I have each one at the prime nods close to the Health viles, but missing the 3rd. Any help would be awesome!!!

Cheers!

FX.

Edited by Filter x360a

• 3 months later...

Achievement Unlocked, June 16th 2009, 8:00 a.m.(ish). Thank you to everyone involved in the production of this guide for your help I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever get this one.

Funny thing is, I got every powerup on every level and still didn't have the achievement. Went through each level on all gametypes, hit start at the beginning and they all said "All powerups found!". Turns out I had all powerups from Arsenal before the latest patch, so when I re-played that one just this morning (and picked up all powerups/vials/etc) again, it worked and I finally got the achievement.

Thanks again and much kudos!

• 2 weeks later...

the guide is great up until half weay through, where some items which are really hard to find dont have descriptions, like downtown, i cannot find the 3rd body armour, i have the two in the alley ways but i spent a whole hour looking for that one iem, still cant find it, any help please?

apart form that the guide is great stormed through the achievment without any problems until warfare.

the guide is great up until half weay through, where some items which are really hard to find dont have descriptions, like downtown, i cannot find the 3rd body armour, i have the two in the alley ways but i spent a whole hour looking for that one iem, still cant find it, any help please?

apart form that the guide is great stormed through the achievment without any problems until warfare.

The third armor is on the rooftop of a building near the middle of the map. Go to the Tank node, go upstairs in the same building it's in, to the very top level (near a gun I think), then head across the rooftops toward the Center node from there. Jump boots help. You can't miss it from those rooftops, since it's on one. PM me or reply here if you have any more trouble finding any particular items. It took a lot of work, but I'm happy to say I got this achievement after only two days of trying for specifically this one. :)

Great guide, but I am still having some trouble.

I just started playing UT3 again after a year since now this achievement seems to work.

And on Arsenal everything was still going fine, I collected everything,following this guide and the message that I had picked up all items on this map showed up.

Now I went on with Biohazard and CarbonFire and on both of them I followed the guide exactly but this text message didn't show up.Especially on Biohazard it's pretty easy to make sure that you've picked up everything(6 vials on the lower level,a shield belt,3 vials leading to berserk and the berserk itself).

I did made some cahnges in the settings,including switching character,could that affect this whole thing?

Edit,sorry,guess that isn't so bad, that text box didn't show up, but in the "game" tab of the pause menu it says "All Powerups found!"

Thanks again for all the work that certainly went into this guide.

Plus, on Deck the message saying I've picked up all powerups appearded again.

Edit2:

I've found now that it already said "All Powerups found!" in the pause menu before I had picked up all items listed in the guide.

I can only guess(and hope) that this is because I already attempted this achievement at a time when it wasn't clear what was necessary to pick up and everything I picked up then still counts(and that's why the text box doesn't show up on some maps,because I was already done there).

Edited by BullZeye

Great guide, but I am still having some trouble.

I just started playing UT3 again after a year since now this achievement seems to work.

And on Arsenal everything was still going fine, I collected everything,following this guide and the message that I had picked up all items on this map showed up.

Now I went on with Biohazard and CarbonFire and on both of them I followed the guide exactly but this text message didn't show up.Especially on Biohazard it's pretty easy to make sure that you've picked up everything(6 vials on the lower level,a shield belt,3 vials leading to berserk and the berserk itself).

I did made some cahnges in the settings,including switching character,could that affect this whole thing?

Edit,sorry,guess that isn't so bad, that text box didn't show up, but in the "game" tab of the pause menu it says "All Powerups found!"

Thanks again for all the work that certainly went into this guide.

Plus, on Deck the message saying I've picked up all powerups appearded again.

Edit2:

I've found now that it already said "All Powerups found!" in the pause menu before I had picked up all items listed in the guide.

I can only guess(and hope) that this is because I already attempted this achievement at a time when it wasn't clear what was necessary to pick up and everything I picked up then still counts(and that's why the text box doesn't show up on some maps,because I was already done there).

Yeah, ever since the newer patch, any maps you've already (previously) collected all the items on will show up when you press start, on the Game tab, as having found all items. You won't get the pop-up in the match unless you're newly finding all items and hadn't before.

@ Brother: No problem...keep up the finding and let me know if there's anything else you can't find. Also, no thanks for the boosting offer. I earn all my achievements legitimately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the time you put into this guide, I finally got my achievement. But I had some troubles with the Body Armor/Keg o' Healths/Thigh Pads with no description on it though. It would be even more helpful if you would tell us where that stuff is. Thanks a ton.

-Papa Skull

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a little note for this too.. On

Suspense - 52 Vials

[4- By Each Base Between Containers]

[3- Beside Each Flag]

[5- Inside The Goliath Building, Each Base]

[4- Middle Of The Road, Each Base]

[4- Underneath Each Tower, Theirs 4 Towers]

[6- First Level On Each Side]

Big Keg O Health [2]

Jump Boots [2]

Body Armor [2]

Thigh Pads [2]

U Damage [2]

Berserker

There is only 48 Vials total on this map and the Necris version too.. There is not 4 under each tower but 2 under each tower and a health package.. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Awesome work. Greatly appreciated. I had no idea that you had to get all of the health vials too. They did some great work with the achievements on this game!

For the most part, yes. Unfortunately there are 2 achievements pertaining to Ranked play which I don't have and are now impossible to get (no one plays ranked). :(

• 2 years later...