Achievement Guide & Roadmap

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I wasn't beat to posting a video yet, but can I post mine for the All According to plan achievement?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e51fPL3pRjI]Halo: CEA - All According to Plan Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRMLLKlKVFk]Halo CEA - Beachhead Achievement. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_epK_16QUE]Halo: CEA - No Fly Zone Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQAyGodcpjg]Halo: CEA - I'll Be Taking That! Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaW3jPkL8nU]Halo: CEA - Wraith Hunter Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

I'll link my videos as I make them. :D

Edited by Agusta1

Beachhead achivement isn't that bad. A suggestion for people who are having trouble, come back to it after you get the Bandana skull. Aim for the grunts with the pistol and just launch grenades at the Elites on Heroic. You will most definitely kill everything before any of your soldiers die.

I have a suggestion for the OP.

For "How Pedestrian", you don't need to grenade jump at all if you have a second controller. Just have the guest get into the Warthog and go clear the jump then shortly there after, the achievement account will teleport forward past the jump.

I can confirm this works and no you won't teleport into the Warthog, you just appear next to it.

Are you saying its possible to get all achievements in 5 hours. Some missions in campaign can take up to 2 hours. Plus going back through the game and getting the other achievements missed. This is more like a 10-15 hours for 1000G.

Also you said hardest in the series? I would say Halo Wars was the hardest if you counted that.

Edited by SpongebobRoundpants

Are you saying its possible to get all achievements in 5 hours. Some missions in campaign can take up to 2 hours. Plus going back through the game and getting the other achievements missed. This is more like a 10-15 hours for 1000G.

Also you said hardest in the series? I would say Halo Wars was the hardest if you counted that.

Well technically if you've ever seen the top Halo: CE Speedrun video, this is technically possible to do in about 2 hours. 5 is generous; However, you're correct. That was supposed to be 15, not 5.

And Halo Wars wasn't actually that hard. Just really time consuming thanks to "Running the Show."

I have a suggestion for the OP.

For "How Pedestrian", you don't need to grenade jump at all if you have a second controller. Just have the guest get into the Warthog and go clear the jump then shortly there after, the achievement account will teleport forward past the jump.

I can confirm this works and no you won't teleport into the Warthog, you just appear next to it.

I'll add that this with my update tomorrow.

I know that for He's Unstoppable reverting to previous save voids the cheevo (right?) but does that go for Walk It Off too?

Unstoppable will be voided, but Walk It Off will not.

Can you obtain a lot of the campaign based achievements CO-OP with a partner? Do BOTH of you unlock it if you complete the speed run throughs, etc?

You can do them with a partner, you will need to take turns on a few (killing x vehicles etc, no health damage), but you can achieve most of everything with a partner.

Tsantsa

It is labeled wrong on here. You don't have to have iron on. I did it without it and it poppoed.

"Tsantsa Complete any level with at least three skulls active on Heroic difficulty or higher. 50 Unlocked on 11/16/2011"

As stated from Xbox.com

Also Leave it where it lay you cannot revert to save if you pick up a weapon. You have to restart as well. I accident picked up a rocket rushing to get a health pack out of a ghost. I proceeded to beat the level and nothing popped. Aaaand this is my legendary run so not recommended to be done on Legendary as it makes it waaaay harder.

Also I do not recommended having the Boom Skull on at all during your play through The Maw. It will royally screw you on the Warthog run. I was nearing the end with more than 1 min 30 and the explosions killed me.. so yeah no fun..

Edited by Johiden

Also Leave it where it lay you cannot revert to save if you pick up a weapon. You have to restart as well. I accident picked up a rocket rushing to get a health pack out of a ghost. I proceeded to beat the level and nothing popped. Aaaand this is my legendary run so not recommended to be done on Legendary as it makes it waaaay harder.

"Leave it where it lay" has to be done on Legendary according to the description...

Leave it where it lay - 25:gsicon:

Complete the level “Two Betrayals” on Legendary without picking up a new weapon

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

For "That Just Happened", if you or a teammate happen to die, can you reload a previous checkpoint/save or do you have to restart the level over again. I'm assuming a restart.

That Just Happened - 10:gsicon:

Complete the level “The Library” on Heroic or Legendary without dying

EDIT - nevermind, there's a thread on this. You indeed cannot reload; you have to restart.

Anybody know if saving and quitting resets the Library achievements?

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

You've got a couple of typos throughout the guide that keep glaring at me.

Under the All According to Plan... achievement, you wrote "Kill all of the enemies in the first encounter on “Truth & Reconciliation” with being detected." It should be without, not with.

The achievement that you called Popcorn Flood is the wrong name, the name should be Popcorn.gif.

And, you have under the Tsantsa achievement: "Complete any level with Iron and 2 other skulls activated on Heroic or Legendary." It should be: "Complete any level with at least three skulls active on Heroic difficulty or higher."

Also, your time for estimated completion is way off. Legendary difficulty alone has taken me 10 hours, and I'm only up to the 6th level.

And that is the end of that.

EDIT: Just noticed that your links under the skulls and terminals achievements lead to the older Skull/Terminal Guide. I suggest updating it the 2.0 link to make things easier for the reader.

Edited by L1E