Any other sudoku fans out there?

Otisbum

Right now I'm downloading a trial for the computer version of the game, and so far it's looking good. Anyone else planning on getting this when it's out on XBLA (some time this spring). Not sure how the controls will pan out though.

EDIT: Here's the supposed achievement list, courtesy of xbox360fanboy.com:

Beat the Basics-Complete lessons 1-5 in tutorial 1 and lessons 1-3 in tutorial 2. (10 points)

Time Bandit-Beat the time limit for 10 puzzles in Timed mode. (15 points)

Sampler-Complete 1 puzzle in each of the 3 difficulties. (10 points)

Super Sizes-Beat a puzzle in each grid size: 6x6, 8x8, 9x9 and 12x12. (20 points)

Natural-Solve 10 puzzles with autopencil and show errors off. (10 points)

Friend and Foe-Complete 1 puzzle in Co-op, Team Battle and Duel in Xbox Live mode. (10 points)

Buku Bank-Earn 2,500,000 Buku Score any way you want. (10 points)

Too Fast-Complete a single-player 9x9 puzzle in 1 minute and 20 seconds. Hint: you can turn autopencil on. (20 points)

Master-Complete 200 puzzles in total across the game. (20 points)

Wired-Complete 20 games over Xbox Live. (20 points)

Grand Master-Earn 10,000,000 Buku Score any way you want. (30 points)

Socialite-Complete 25 Multiplayer Games, in either Online or Local Multiplayer game play. (25 points)

These are looking pretty sweet, not too hard, but a few look time-consuming.

Just played about a half hour of the trial, and I'm loving it. I can see how it'd eventually get dull, but I don't really plan on playing this for hours on end. Just enough to make use of the 800 point pricetag and have some fun.

For those of you that want to check out the comp. version first, know that it's probably going to be very different from the XBLA one, unless there are extra features that aren't in trial mode.

Nice game though, probably going to be a rather easy 200.

• 4 weeks later...
My wife loves this shit. Maybe this will be the big break I need...

IV!"

LOL just what i need as well my wife love all the sodoku stuff....But i have my wife playing GTA4 atm and she is alot more into it then me i have only been playing online stuff....

• 2 weeks later...

spring is april, may, june, right?

anyway, it's totally different than the PC one. designed from the ground up for XBLA. There are some screens and words on a preview here: http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1916/Buku-Sudoku/p2/

images: http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8232/bukusudokuscreenshot344nc9.th.jpghttp://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1905/bukusudokuscreenshot434jk8.th.jpghttp://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6746/bukusudokuscreenshot404ya5.th.jpg

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/672/1207105099cb3.th.jpg

Edited by ishaidarharan
added images

Nope, spring is March April May as far as I know. Should be out very soon though.

Completely different from the PC version? Whoa. Didn't know that.

ah, meteorological for the northern hemisphere is March - May, and Astrological is April to June. Both include May, so the game will be out in Spring ;)

• 2 weeks later...
ah, meteorological for the northern hemisphere is March - May, and Astrological is April to June. Both include May, so the game will be out in Spring

I disagree with both of those definitions of spring. Meteorology is so fickle, and Astrology is too hokey. I prefer to rely on a more sophistocated system.

As far as I'm concerned, spring lasts until the first day of summer. The first day of summer is, of course, determined by the release of the first summer Hollywood blockbuster. This year, spring ended on May 2nd with the release of Iron Man. So this is definitely not a spring release.

I consider summer's beginning more of a "day after last day of school" thing, but to each his own.

Plus, the release date (tomorrow) is announced, so we can all get to fighting for the fastest times soon. :p

YES!! and the achievements look easy too. can't wait. I'ma stay up tonight in hope it comes at 1 in the morning or something like that :)

I disagree with both of those definitions of spring. Meteorology is so fickle, and Astrology is too hokey. I prefer to rely on a more sophistocated system.

As far as I'm concerned, spring lasts until the first day of summer. The first day of summer is, of course, determined by the release of the first summer Hollywood blockbuster. This year, spring ended on May 2nd with the release of Iron Man. So this is definitely not a spring release.

cinematology is sooo not accepted yet. with that established, what fortune is in the stars for me, you know, according to the alignment of celebrities?

I can't play the game (much less buy it) for another 10 or so hours (at time of this post). :( Can anyone tell me if there are crazy variations? I know there are 6x6 and 12x12 to accompany the "standard" 9x9, but is there anything else? I'm definitely picking up the DLC. Anybody else get it? Lemme know if there are some good variations. You'll help me soil myself in anticipation.

I don't normally suffer from fits due to flashing lights, but as the day went on I felt ill whenever I completed a row/column or box. Those flashy-bits actually affected me... EPILEPTICS, BE WARNED!

Once you've completed all 200GP you can take time over the puzzles (and remove Auto Pencil) which helped.

I never managed to get any puzzles from the add-on (DLC), they were all from the 'standard' set.