The Mile High guide/Discussion

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe there is a thread about this. I've tried SO many times for this achievement and failed. I gotta close many times but just can't seem to get this one.

I've seen the YouTube video too. That dude didn't get lucky, he's just really good at it. You can tell by his movement and how he lines his flash bang shots up. Wish I had that skill.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't believe there is a thread about this. I've tried SO many times for this achievement and failed. I gotta close many times but just can't seem to get this one.

I've seen the YouTube video too. That dude didn't get lucky, he's just really good at it. You can tell by his movement and how he lines his flash bang shots up. Wish I had that skill.

same happened to me bro. i couldnt get and after countless hours of trying it over and over and watching youtube vids, i finally got it. once you know the pattern and how to execute it, youll get it, and more then once. i go thru at least once a month and do the MHC just to keep my skills fresh. (so yes i have now done it multplie times)

dont worry youll get it....

• 3 weeks later...

Getting this achievement sucked. It required lots of patience, skill, and of course, luck. My advice is to get those flashbang placements worked down to a science. If you get the flashbbang perfect on the last hallway, you'll be able to sprint through and only kill like two guys, which is how I got the cheevo. Good luck to those still going for it. :)

I did it in about 45 minutes. Had to play it through a shitload of times to learn every enemy spawn, every flashbang spot and where to reload. Very frustrating but a great sense of accomplishment for beating it. Still, some of the WaW Veteran stuff was harder than this.

• 3 weeks later...
I still haven't gotten it yet, I've been trying but it's the last hallway that always gets me >.<

Last hallway is one of the easiest parts. Once you kill the last guard who is hiding behind the seats on the left throw 2 flash bangs in front of you. Once those go off you can literally sprint to the end and skip the 2 or 3 guards who are waiting (as they should be stunned from your 2 flash bangs)...I hope this helps you

The first busy room is where I get stopped the most, it's ridiculous. My men NEVER take the guy to the right out as u go through that little office part after the toilet stabbing.

And for some reason, I get flashed I can't see for like 5 seconds, they get flashed and they walk right through it like nothing happened

Edited by rikib004

The first busy room is where I get stopped the most, it's ridiculous. My men NEVER take the guy to the right out as u go through that little office part after the toilet stabbing.

And for some reason, I get flashed I can't see for like 5 seconds, they get flashed and they walk right through it like nothing happened

Try killing guy in bathroom first. Then shoot the guy that is straight ahead with 1 shot and then quickly shoot the guy on the right you are having problems. I am usually able to throw a flashbang into the first room and have no problems. I would try the flashbang (make sure you look away though...)

• 3 weeks later...
Man after years I went back on this one, I just couldn't leave it at 980 :gsicon:. Did it within 2h. Yessir! :woop:

I used this, so thanks to the uploader:

wow, i was thinking of giving my 100% on COD4 another try this weekend. that video was by far the best ive seen on the mile high club mission, the step by step with pauses and description. for sure getting this done finally! lol

ty for post

This was difficult, but I think after putting it off for so long, I had built it up into much more than it was. I would suggest watching a few videos to give you an idea of things to try. There are many ways to complete this stage. Don't try to copy any video exactly. The enemy reactions aren't always the same. Find a way (or different ways) that works for you and keep trying. Once you get to the end, and you will, run to the left of the hostage. Get as close as you can for an easy shot. Good luck!

Even still now it's a notorious achievement, I'm so glad I got it last week!

Just keep trying, it's really a mixture of luck and skill, knowing where the enemies come from and where you best throw a flash bang is important, but having the luck that one last bullet that would have send you back didnt get ya is needed as well :p

Don't blame yourself when it's not working on your first attempts, just keep trying and eventually you'll get it!

Ps. For my attempt I always tried to pick p a p90 if I found one along the way, the larger mags and faster reload helped out A LOT! But don't waste your time by looking for one either, again, a bit of luck helps...