What was your single most infuriating moment of COD2 Veteran?

edw211

For me, it would have to be the Silo level where you have to clear out 6 buildings. I managed to clear out building A and duck behind the stone wall and got engaged in about a (I shit you not) hour-long firefight with the constantly respawning Nazi's... problem was... I didn't realize they respawned until I looked at the clock and realized I hit the 60 minute mark... I had thought that I could just bait them out of all the buildings and blow them away, making clearing out the houses easier... so yeah.

That single realization that I just wasted the past hour of my life and still had just as many Nazi's to kill compounded upon all the previously bottled up frustration I went through with that game on Vet to produce a wave of pure, unadulterated fury.

Thankfully, that's over now, and I can count COD2 as another notch in my still-bare 100% belt. Overall, not too frustrating an experience. Nowhere near as difficult as finishing COD: Classic on Vet was. I'm working on Vetting COD3 right now, which seems to have ramped up the difficulty a tad from COD2. Getting General is gonna be a bitch though.

I'm interested in hearing what your single most infuriating moment is/was. Think of it as that oh-so-rewarding "good laugh about it afterwards" you probably kept promising yourself in between cursing your balls off like I did.

Happy cheevo hunting,

-Edw211

dude...this is the EXACT part i was thinking about whenever i read your thread...that part was crazy...anyways..great game and had a fun time beating it...that part was tough though

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me if was the silo level. It took me a solid three hours to finally clear all those buildings. when i finally see the checkpoint pop after clearing the postoffice. I go to the silo grab the sniper gun and figure ill prob die a few times may as well get an idea of whats goin on in the process. so im sniping away and not doing a good job it. im down to 1:13 seconds left and get a checkpoint, before i could be glad about this BOOM, mortar hits me and im dead. checkpoint reloads, DEAD, reloads, DEAD. I could do nothing. I dont know how i did it, but i restarted the entire level and made it thru in about !:40 mins. Got the snipers the first time that go, wasnt taking any chances. But that was by far the most angry ive ever been playing a game. . . i still have 4 missions to go.

• 2 weeks later...
For me, it would have to be the Silo level where you have to clear out 6 buildings. I managed to clear out building A and duck behind the stone wall and got engaged in about a (I shit you not) hour-long firefight with the constantly respawning Nazi's... problem was... I didn't realize they respawned until I looked at the clock and realized I hit the 60 minute mark... I had thought that I could just bait them out of all the buildings and blow them away, making clearing out the houses easier... so yeah.

That single realization that I just wasted the past hour of my life and still had just as many Nazi's to kill compounded upon all the previously bottled up frustration I went through with that game on Vet to produce a wave of pure, unadulterated fury.

Thankfully, that's over now, and I can count COD2 as another notch in my still-bare 100% belt. Overall, not too frustrating an experience. Nowhere near as difficult as finishing COD: Classic on Vet was. I'm working on Vetting COD3 right now, which seems to have ramped up the difficulty a tad from COD2. Getting General is gonna be a bitch though.

I'm interested in hearing what your single most infuriating moment is/was. Think of it as that oh-so-rewarding "good laugh about it afterwards" you probably kept promising yourself in between cursing your balls off like I did.

Happy cheevo hunting,

-Edw211

Same here, the Silo level killed me, I swear I tired it at least 100 times, until finally getting it :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Silo. That was a tickle-and-a-half. All I can say is smoke grenades, are your best friend for getting across to a building. I didn't realize that once you enter the building, the respawn rate seems to drop.

My tactic was to shoot any germans in the opening, then toss a smoke, shortly followed by a grenade, then run towards the door of the building i wanted.

Either camp outside and toss another grenade in, or run in blazing and my squad would follow and do the same thing.

I enjoyed the mortar part, simply because i was fast with the Kar.

GLAD it's done now!!

• 2 weeks later...

I personally didnt find the game too bad on veteran.....The only bit that i found truly difficult and frustrating was the silo. Twice I managed to get right through all the buildings and got up ontop of the silo, and managed to get a checkpoint a split second before a mortar blew me to pieces, so I had to try again and fight for hours to get through the sodding level again..for a 3rd time :uzi:

the ambush part I had to redo that level three times

I got past the ambush then I deleted my save like a tit

I then restarted got to the aa gun to find it was impossible for me to get to it

as the planes had glitched and came early :(

The stupid trench on point de huc pissed me off (until I went left instead of right :)

Hopefully get the game finished off soon its been stuck in a draw for a year

(due to the stupid aa gun glitch )..

• 2 weeks later...

One of the hardest part so far, Stalingrad 1943 - Downtown Assault (I think). When you have to destroy a panzer at the end of the mission, I went right and then in the middle, somehow managed to do it after many tries. Are you supposed to go left? Any easier way perhaps?

Also D-Day 1944 - Retreat? We're Advancing in Another Direction

When you have to defend for 5 minutes, I tried to find a safe spot but enemies kept coming from all directions, took some tries.

Edited by Ante79

• 2 months later...

Tried getting all the vet achs and I started on the first stage, after I beat that, I hit 'go to next level', which popped me to the last level on vet difficulty.... I hadn't played the game in a loooong time, I have to say the first and last suck, and it's a bit of a nightmare now thinking to go back through the bulk of the game... and I have to finish it today, guessing it'll take about 9 hrs.

Ach hunting really sucks sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

the hardest part for me of the whole veteran campaign was the beginning of d day. the checkpoint where you start after you climb the rope. getting to the next checkpoint was by far the hardest part of this game. the silo, hill 400 were nothing. i spent more time trying to get past this one checkpoint then completing both of those levels combined.

• 1 month later...

Yes, the silo level. A million, bloody, swear filled, tear inducing yes's.

It never ended, just reloading the same checkpoint again, and again, and again.

There were bodies everywhere man...I didn't know what to do! They were dead! All dead! I JUST WANT TO GO HOME! MOMMY!

Easily the Silo level. Trying to just capture a first checkpoint took me well over 2 hours. After that it was all a bit easier.

I found that defending the bunker in the American campaign was not so bad as I would hide in the bunker front but not inside as the GAME and not the NAZIS auto throws grenades inside! WTF!

The whole game was very good but very hard. COD2 veteran is no easy 1000 and not everyone can do it. Massive respect to people who have! I now do and am glad it's over. I want to replay the game to see how hard it is on easier difficulties.

• 2 weeks later...