UGHHHHHH file corrupt!

phenixdwn

I played this game for like 5 hours straight yesterday. got all the way to the part where you are looking for the monument fragments. I had every area clear including all weapon challenges up to that point. I exited the game after what i thought was a save screen and immediately upon reaching the menu screen i get a promt that tells me my save file is corrupt and asks me if I want to save over it.

WTF!:uzi:

I just want to say for anyone that looks at this in the future.

This is an amazing game!

I was really pissed that my save file was bad because i had played for a few hours, collecting weapons, treasures, and whatever else was needed. I was also going to go for 100% in game not just the achievements.

But I was actually liking the game so much that once I restarted my playthrough I found myself not really minding I had to do it all again. The only REAL annoying thing I had to redo was the First place Proving ground areas.

The first time I did:

Bow

Fang repeater

Machete

Shield (second try and didn't see what the fuss was about)

Hammer

Musket

My restart playthrough i did:

Bow

Fang repeater

Machete

Shield (like 50 tries later haha the last guy is so annoying i just worked on making him fall rather than parrying him)

Musket

Pike (if you set it to "No-Sweat" you can just run through without destroying more than a few of those spiky things since the timer stops when you die)

Dueling pistols

I couldn't get the hammer challenge again for the life of me..

But everything else was simple to do over. I even played the "New Game +" right after to see the alt. ending asap. It took a little over an hour rushing every level.

All in all this is a great game, probably the best 600 points I've ever spent but the save feature is kinda lame if that happens to a lot of people.