Did you find the campaign too easy

Was it just me, or was veteran a bit easy this year?

It seemed to my that Veteran wasn't as challenging as previous games. There were times in Black Ops you just had to poke your head out and you were dead, but now It seems that nobody wants to shoot me. I can run from cover to cover without getting shot. If I do die, it's usually because I was impatient or cocky, not because the section was challenging.

I remember bits in previous games where I would be stuck for an hour or so, screaming at the injustice before me. Honestly, that's what made it so satisfying to finally finish. There was none of that this time.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the campaign. There was plenty of variety, and the story was well done. I just don't think Veteran mode was truly designed for us veterans.

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defo easier. I love the Modern Warfare games even though I sometimes struggle like mad on Vet. However on this one I've found myself going through whole levels without dying (for some that may sound easier, for me it's not). I don't know if it's me getting better on Vet, or it's the game getting easier. If I had to choose, I'd say it's the latter. Still an amazing game though :)

Veteran has been watered down ever since WAW which was ridiculously hard, i could only make it thru about half, then had to drop it to Hardened an even down to Normal by the final mission storming the building an planting C4 on the guns.

im guessing alot of ppl complaining an now Activision has made both IW an Treyarch dumb it down with a ridiculous amount of checkpoints

ive seen the checkpoint popup MORE than one without even moving in MW3

its like it just has a timer, i kinda miss the impossible scenarios of COD4 an having to look for "hidden checkpoints" just to make it past certain missions

Of course it's getting easier ... trying to appeal to more people. Have you noticed the amount of people who think they're hardcore but suck at the game in every possible way?

I can't tell you the amount of times I've seen something where a person explains how they're not bad at a game but something keeps pwning them.

ive seen the checkpoint popup MORE than one without even moving in MW3

its like it just has a timer, i kinda miss the impossible scenarios of COD4 an having to look for "hidden checkpoints" just to make it past certain missions

I noticed this too. This campaign definitely had more checkpoints than say, CoD4 ever did. I would run from one area to another and it would say, "Checkpoint reached." within like, 10 seconds of each other. Not that I'm complaining because checkpoints are always a big help. It pained me whenever I would die in the first MW and had to rerun a huge part of the level.

I did think the campaign was easier than the previous two MWs. I even mentioned to my friend when I was playing.

Also, at the same time, I think that if you played on Veteran for MW and MW2, you know how the enemy spawns are designed and how level progress works. For example, I would attempt to run past enemies into the next objective/area so that my allies would push forward and the enemies would disappear. I beat the first three levels really easily with this method--granted, I had to stop to kill some clusters that were impossible to run past without dying--and continued through the rest of the game like that.

After having beat it a few hours ago, I think I can safely echo what everyone else has said. Yes, I too thought Veteran was a piece of cake. They do seem to be getting easier and that's disappointing for someone like myself who takes pride in earning those achievements every year. I absolutely loved the campaign though! I thought the story was great and couldn't agree more that there was a nice variety of things going on at all times.

What was the most exciting part of the campaign for everyone? Or... what was the toughest part? The most exciting part for me was probably the cinematic moments that were introduced. I felt like they made the game and overall feel of the campaign more intense. Toughest part... Just thinking of a "toughest" part of this campaign is tough in and of itself. I'd have to agree with some that coming out of the elevator was probably the toughest part if I had to choose one.

So far I've only attempted and completed the first 5 missions on veteran and found them all very easy, and end up finishing them with full flash grenades left whereas in the previous games it's been a struggle to save them for when they're really needed. And as somebody has already said my only deaths so far have just been from being too impatient / cockiness. :)

its that easy i could play the game with just using a pistol.

I agree that the last mission was a challenge.

The second to last wasn't hard because it glitched with me when the chopper came because the cut scene never came on and i kept getting killed coz i didn't know where to go haha and when it finally triggered i had the ultimate face-palm moment to date. Well pissed off.

Last mission after getting off the elevator was the only challenge for me but again not hard i was just impatient just wanting to finish it so i could have my life back, i liked it but in comparison to previous titles i find it appalling!

They have all been easy since MW2 when they got rid of infinite enemies the whole way through the game. You used to be forced to have to move forwards and risk it while now you just hide and wait for most of the enemies to be dead and push forward. Played all of them and imo the hardest one is still COD3. Pnly one i havent managed to do and never will as i would rather swim through a pool of stinging nettles than touch that game again

Haven't played Vet, yet, but Hardened was easy. Only problem I had was in the last missions right after you exit the elevator.

Yeah I agree the last mission was a little tough after you exit the elevator. I finished the game on vet, had very minor problems. Then again if you beat World at War on veteran you can beat any game on veteran (still working on CoD Classic though lol) :p