How To Get Turtle Soup

L3giOn

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we finally know an easy way to get turtle soup achievement. Start a solo game then sign in a 2nd controller. Don't touch or move player 1 (your gamertag) let the first foot soldier kill player one and dont press any buttons on the first controller so you dont respawn. Now get to krang with player 2 only. Beat krang down untill he's almost dead, now respawn player 1 and let krang hurt him a little bit and then beat krang with player 2. The trick is to be at shredder with player 1 in low health. Now let shredder kill off player one, remember not to move the player one controller at all. Once player one is dead beat off all the shredder clones (doesn't matter if you're turned into a turtle) once the real shredder loses his helmet respawn player one then beat shredder and his new helmetless clones with player 2. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED. Remember dont move or kill anyone with player one and shredder has to kill you once.
Bad choice of words?

Bad choice of words?

is that the method you used to get it?

do we really have to have Player 1 die right at the start of the game until Krang?

or can we play with player 1 AND 2 until Krang, then let Krang damage player 1, beat him and get to shredder and proceed with the rest of the guide?

send me a fr to try n get turtle soup

gt= lucky me wheeee

it's not possible to get it via xbox live, the achivement is somehow glitched

by the way,

i finally got the achievement, using 2 controllers, the profile that wants the achievement REALLY have to NOT MOVE AT ALL during the entire game.

it was my 4th attempt, and on all 3 previous, i played along with player 1, and didn't move at Shredder, but you really have to not move during the entire game.

I tried posting this in its own thread earlier but realized I skipped a step. I have 4 player accounts on my xbox and all 4 now have it (only one is on xbox live however).

Step by Step guide on how to get Turtle Soup:

1) This method only works offline and you must have 4 players start the game. In the first level have three of them die, including the account that you want to get the achievement with. DO NOT KILL ANYONE with the account(s) you want to get the achievement.

2) Progress through the game until you get to Krang with one player. When Krang is near death bring back all 4 turtles and kill krang. Try to get the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement close to death before you kill krang.

3) Upon killing krang make sure that all 4 turtles are alive when shredder comes through the portal

4) He will split into 6 clones of himself. Immediately allow the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement to be killed without being shrunk

5) Proceed to kill all of the clones with the other turtles that are not getting the achievement, this is done easiest with only one turtle alive playing as leonardo or donatello

6) When it is just you and the real shredder keep attacking him until his helmet comes off

7) Once his helmet is off bring back all 4 turtles, his helmet must be off because when it is he will not use the shrink ray

8) Once you bring back all 4 turtles he will again split into 6 duplicates of himself

9) you may now kill the real shredder, but not with the account(s) who are getting the achievement, and make sure all 4 are alive when you kill him

10) Enjoy your new achievement

Note: DO NOT KILL ANYONE throughout the game with the account(s) you want to get the achievement. In fact, I didn't even move the turtles who were getting it. Just make sure to bring them back right away when they die before killing shredder and krang. Also, this method works both while connected to xbox live and while offline but not while in a multiplater co-cop game

Edit: Apparantly you do not need all 4 players to do this with, only 2. Thus, the steps are all the same except you only need to use two turtles. Thanks to those who pointed this out.

As I said, I verified that this works on 4 different accounts. Twice I got it with raphael, once with Leonardo and once with donatello. Twice I did it with only one account (neither of which were on xbox live) and this last time I did it with the two remaining accounts, including the one you see below.

Good luck to all and YOU ARE VERY WELCOME :woop: :woop: :woop:

Worked the first time. Thank you so much, this game was bugging me.

• 3 weeks later...
I tried posting this in its own thread earlier but realized I skipped a step. I have 4 player accounts on my xbox and all 4 now have it (only one is on xbox live however).

1) This method only works offline and you must have 4 players start the game. In the first level have three of them die, including the account that you want to get the achievement with. DO NOT KILL ANYONE with the account(s) you want to get the achievement.

2) Progress through the game until you get to Krang with one player. When Krang is near death bring back all 4 turtles and kill krang. Try to get the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement close to death before you kill krang.

3) Upon killing krang make sure that all 4 turtles are alive when shredder comes through the portal

4) He will split into 6 clones of himself. Immediately allow the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement to be killed without being shrunk

5) Proceed to kill all of the clones with the other turtles that are not getting the achievement, this is done easiest with only one turtle alive playing as leonardo or donatello

6) When it is just you and the real shredder keep attacking him until his helmet comes off

7) Once his helmet is off bring back all 4 turtles, his helmet must be off because when it is he will not use the shrink ray

8) Once you bring back all 4 turtles he will again split into 6 duplicates of himself

9) you may now kill the real shredder, but not with the account(s) who are getting the achievement, and make sure all 4 are alive when you kill him

Note: DO NOT KILL ANYONE throughout the game with the account(s) you want to get the achievement. In fact, I didn't even move the turtles who were getting it. Just make sure to bring them back right away when they die before killing shredder and krang. Also, this method works both while connected to xbox live and while offline but not while in a multiplater co-cop game

Edit: Apparantly you do not need all 4 players to do this with, only 2. Thus, the steps are all the same except you only need to use two turtles. Thanks to those who pointed this out.

As I said, I verified that this works on 4 different accounts. Twice I got it with raphael, once with Leonardo and once with donatello. Twice I did it with only one account (neither of which were on xbox live) and this last time I did it with the two remaining accounts, including the one you see below.

Thank you very much, good sir. It worked flawlessly the first time. Then I went through it for a buddy of mine and my girlfriend. Thank you much. Now onto the multi-player achievements..... Then 200G!!:woop:

• 1 month later...

it chooses not to unlock. yes, the game chooses whether or not to bestow its elusive achievement and for me its playing impossible to get. i wish i could have come on here to declare how the strategy works, yet that is not the case. i'm as big an achievement maniac as the next guy, but enough is enough. i can't bear to hear Krang shriek, "i'm invincible!!", one more time, only to meet the requirements during the Shredder fight and not obtain turtle soup. shame, shame Ninja Turtles, making a grown man weep like a child.

Edit: do not despair for too long my friends. take a break, sleep on it, but give it that extra attempt. follow the instructions you've been given on this thread carefully which are invaluable seeing the glitch factory that is this achievement. good luck

Edited by phenominality
update

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Originally Posted by Ult1ma Weap0n http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/buttons/viewpost.gif

Well we finally know an easy way to get turtle soup achievement. Start a solo game then sign in a 2nd controller. Don't touch or move player 1 (your gamertag) let the first foot soldier kill player one and dont press any buttons on the first controller so you dont respawn. Now get to krang with player 2 only. Beat krang down untill he's almost dead, now respawn player 1 and let krang hurt him a little bit and then beat krang with player 2. The trick is to be at shredder with player 1 in low health. Now let shredder kill off player one, remember not to move the player one controller at all. Once player one is dead beat off all the shredder clones (doesn't matter if you're turned into a turtle) once the real shredder loses his helmet respawn player one then beat shredder and his new helmetless clones with player 2. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED. Remember dont move or kill anyone with player one and shredder has to kill you once.

Worked great! This should be posted under #1 post so people know what to do without searching the thread. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is confirmed, but I did have to do it 3 times, first 2 times OFFLINE, no achievement, 3rd time ONLINE unlocked, EVADE would not unlock however, no-matter what. My second profile unlocked the 'In The Dark' achievement without falling down any manholes, strange.

Thank goodness for my MADCATZ autofire arcade joystick. the best £7 I ever spent lol

• 1 month later...

I just beat this game on xbox live co op and beat shreeder without being tutlesised and GUESS what no fucking achievement i will not be purchasing the new reshelled version as that game will proberly be fucked up to.

ANYONE THINKING ABOUT BUYING THIS GAME DONT DEAD ONLINE GLITCHY ACHIEVEMENTS NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY OR EFFORT WHICH IS A SHAME BECAUSE I REALY LIKE THIS I WOULDNT MIND SO MUCH IT JUST TAKES FOREVER TO GET TO SHREDDSER AGAIN NOT HAPPY AT ALL:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edited by crispykiller96

done exactly what they guy said but i was offline used 2 controllers made my account die at the beginning without moving or killing anyone brought my account back just before crang died with low health then let my account die then brought my account back once the last shredders healmet was off we both survived no achievement i have done this once in single player and twice online im sorry chewy i dont think your guide works everytime maybe its just random thanks anyway

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you! I was wondering what was up with this. I'll give this a go. Hopefully it works anyhow. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Going to give this achievement a go using this guide. It's the only one I have left. I feel a bit nervous to have to let my account stand there and have Shredder kill him at the beginning of the battle though and risk getting hit with the shrink ray, also nervous that i might not get enough health taken away from Krang's robot beforehand to die quickly enough by Shredder.

It really is amazing how many achievements are glitched in so many games. As long as the requirements are met that are specified in the achievement description, the achievement should unlock, no ifs ands or buts, and I really think Microsoft should enforce this better. It's quite ridiculously easy to program a given game to unlock achievements based on what the descriptions say. Boo to all those developers that tend to lazy their way through the programming of their achievements...... :(

EDIT: Just received the achievement, finally...... I followed the guide exactly and it is definitely key to not move or attack with the profile(s) that is getting the achievement. With this guide, it worked for me first try, finally completed! Big thanks to Chewy on this! :)

Edited by Lord of Fate

• 2 months later...

haha this was easier to follow then the original guide posted. thanks got the achievement first try! now all i have left is beat shredder online and a few single player achievements thanks :]

• 3 months later...

thanks for the glitch guide i am going to try this out. This game is just horrible! im not sure if i remembered it incorrectly from 89-90 or what, but never have i played a game that i broke TWO 360 controllers out of frustration! Im hoping they can be gutted and parts swapped out so i have one that works but omfg this game is so broken I hate it.

• 1 month later...

Just posting here to say that this method works! Finally got the achievement (was logged on Xbox Live at the time).