My Idea For Left 4 Dead 3. Post Your Own?

Sirfacee

no aiming down sights

NO. BIG NO-NO. No aiming down sights is like trying to ride a bike without using the peddles. The sights are on the firearm for a reason, to increase accuracy, firing at the hip is not a good idea (Unless the weapon has no stock), and you will have poor accuracy (In real-life terms). So no. Aiming down the sights wold be better.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Great ideas!

I always felt L4D and L4D2 were perfect untouched. Besides new campaigns, characters, and weapons, I see nothing else needing to change.

I dont like the idea of the stats. Maybe special abilites for each character would be nice. Maybe like if the character that can hack computers for example dies, they can go an alternate way but it would take longer.

Edited by Spade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK I'll probably get some hate for this but how about a level/perk system for survivors and maybe for special infected in versus? I just think they try to make the characters all totally different in personality and look, yet they all play exactly the same. There is a crazy amount of things you could add that could differentiate the characters:

Better accuracy

Stronger Melee

More melee before fatigue sets in

Faster speed

Not hobbled with low health

Hold more ammo/health items

Better hearing

Akimbo primary weapons

More health

And those are just the basics

Special infected could have more damage, shorter cooldown on special attacks, more health

It would fundamentally change the game but it could be cool.

• 3 weeks later...

A mixture of the current characters as "survivors" Maybe up the playable slots to six.

Crawl ability when you are down.

Restart chapter only allowed once per game.

Host of game can not be kicked.

Some sort of control of where to place the witch once per game.

Jockey to be removed or improved.

Maybe sometimes have hybrid specials. the spitter smoker for example.

Haha that would be pretty funny.

Although the idea's here are good I don't think they should be made into main game-features. What I mean by this is the likes of certain characters having stat boosts / special skills, a pretty good idea but keep it small so that characters don't get pigeon holed into 'Medic' 'Solider' 'Engineer' and so on like so many other games.

Same goes for the idea of becoming skilled in one weapon, lets not make it a huge grind fest where you need to get 1000 head shots to be better at it or use it alone for 100 games, just a small improvement would be fine (big enough to be noticable though!) or even a large improvement but short lived such as use the same weapon for most of the first 3 chapters improves it in the finally. Or better yet have things save between games so using the same weapon through Campaign 1 makes it better in 2 and again in 3 and so on. You could then have the A.I. director adjust difficulty of each campaign based on the weapon level of the playing characters.

I guess what I'm getting at is L4D2 is good because you can just pick it up and go, no need to level up or grind or find the best weapons, and they should try and keep that as much as possible whilst also adding new things to keep it fresh.

I agree with you. Both Left 4 Dead games were successful for that. The fact that you could just pick it up & start playing right away. Leveling up weapons or having characters with "special skills" that the other doesn't seems too, Dead Island to me(great game btw).. But it just doesn't seem L4D.

my idea is they actually MAKE it but it seems as if Valve doesn't know how to count to 3....

I never thought about it, but you're right.

I like the idea of going to another country. A campaign set on a plane or on a cruise ship would be good too.

That would be awesome. One level leading up to the plane/ship. The next actually on the plane/ship. Then in another country. I can see that.

I never thought about it, but you're right.

That would be awesome. One level leading up to the plane/ship. The next actually on the plane/ship. Then in another country. I can see that.

They can't count to three for releases but they can do it fine in game, the level 3 sentry can testify to that.

One day they will release one but until then we will get Left 4 Dead 2 Episode 1.

They can't count to three for releases but they can do it fine in game, the level 3 sentry can testify to that.

One day they will release one but until then we will get Left 4 Dead 2 Episode 1.

LMAO! You're probably right, considering they are releasing DLC almost 3 years after L4D2 was released instead of making an entirely new game.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Had an idea for a campaign revolving around a few members of the military helping defend the "North American Safe Zone".

They go out for recon, they find a massive mutation the likes of which no one has ever seen (building sized) rampaging its way towards the Rocky Mountains and the safe zone.

Their vehicle and radio are destroyed, and they must salvage a new one in order to contact their leadership and obtain instructions.

They're told to destroy the thing at all costs, so they get a truck running and load it down with flammables and explosives.

The last chapter consists of a vehicle mission, waves of infected must be thinned out to allow the truck to catch up to the mega thing, in the end a choice must be made by vote, ties decided by the host, they either complete the mission and sacrifice themselves destroying the thing, or veer off and get a "survivor" or "coward" award instead, leaving the north american safe zone to deal with this threat as it comes.

Had an idea for a campaign revolving around a few members of the military helping defend the "North American Safe Zone".

They go out for recon, they find a massive mutation the likes of which no one has ever seen (building sized) rampaging its way towards the Rocky Mountains and the safe zone.

Their vehicle and radio are destroyed, and they must salvage a new one in order to contact their leadership and obtain instructions.

They're told to destroy the thing at all costs, so they get a truck running and load it down with flammables and explosives.

The last chapter consists of a vehicle mission, waves of infected must be thinned out to allow the truck to catch up to the mega thing, in the end a choice must be made by vote, ties decided by the host, they either complete the mission and sacrifice themselves destroying the thing, or veer off and get a "survivor" or "coward" award instead, leaving the north american safe zone to deal with this threat as it comes.

I'd run away like a coward, let the north american safe zone deal with it, they probably got more guns - fuck em!

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I would like to see is more humor like in the first game. I know that there is a good deal of it in the second but doesn't seem as funny to me.

Also. No. Flame thrower would be annoying as all in versus. Other weapons, fire and such can be avoid. But if someone was to hold onto it and just use it on specials it would make it hard to win against that team.

I can understand how people do like that they can just pick this game up and play it. But I still would like to see something like a Gears or CoD leveling system.

Could be done with exp for each kill. Then bonuses for the loading screen rewards. Most kills, most tank damage, most special kills, most damage to witch, or witch avoider if the whole team avoids the witch that level. And even better medals and exp for the end of the campaign rewards.

This could be used for unlockables. Like special weapon skins. Or unlocking the previous survivors.

Would be kind of cool if the characters got better with a weapon based on how much you use it. But think this would need a down side. Like if you don't use a weapon much you get worst with it.

I would also like to see new survivors. And new infected. No ideas on either.

Plus fixing the issues with controls of the old infected. Third person would be better for some of them. Jockey and hunter mostly.

However I rather the jockey be gone all together.

• 2 months later...

1. Level System:

For completing games in all modes and completing ingame challenges you get XP. But you don't level your characters (Survivors are always the same and have the same abilities). With incresing level you unlock new mutators, customisation options, new campaigns, survival and scavenge maps.

2. Customisation options

Make it so we can select different mutators, like disable certain SIs, disable certain weapons, turn melee fatigue on/off, remove flashlight, ... there is a shitload of options

3. Survivor editor

Create your own survivor

4. Audio logs

The AI director randomly places audiologs/videos/diaries/newspapers/... into the game world. These drive a story but to not disrupt the gameplay flow you just collect them and view them from the main menu

5. More campaigns

6. Map editor

An easy to use map editor with functions to share and rate other peoples levels

My ideas for new campaigns:

Red Water: Beach vacation resort with aqua zoo, shipwrecks and a lighthouse

Hard Grinder: Junkyard and Factory setting with lots of environmental hazzards

Ice Cap: Going up a mountain with forest, a lodge, caves and in the later levels the snowy top with blizzards and other icy hazzards

• 2 weeks later...

Hand grenades seem kind of useless unless the zombies are already in a group. The pipe bomb works well because it lures zombies to it.

Yeah. Levels providing skins or what not would be a good idea. Like I said a Gears3 type leveling system.

• 1 month later...

My idea is to burn all copies of this shitty game and never make another,the achievement for campaigns on expert is so stupidly hard I think its a joke on gamers,nevermind the realism 'walk out safehouse everyone die instantly' mode,fuck you valve.