Roots of Evil Discussion

Sms4001

I hate this Gorram achievement, not so much because its complicated, even though some of them are, its just that all the driving round and round in circles, and having to fight off bloody demons whilst trying to burn the roots gets really frustrating and boring so bloody quickly.

The game is awesome and everything about it is great, and the achievements are quality, except for this one.

Question, do you have to get all the achievements as you play through, or can I finish the game then go back and pick chapters to finsh off achievements like this one or the kill 100 humanz (if needed)?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stuck on that same damn root! the one where the cable is hanging down and the ratz are climbing up an down it, how the hell do you reach the rope????

You don't actually reach the rope. Make a sticky bomb with double-sided tape, throw it onto one of the Ratz, and then shoot it when the Ratz climbs up next to the root. Boom!

I'm at the point where i have to get 30 spectral vision points, and so far I've got 29 and the last 3 are in the far right. When I go to the top it's on a elevated position and there's no way of throwing a bottle so far up. How do I burn that thing?

Thanks

I'm at the point where i have to get 30 spectral vision points, and so far I've got 29 and the last 3 are in the far right. When I go to the top it's on a elevated position and there's no way of throwing a bottle so far up. How do I burn that thing?

Thanks

I'm not sure exactly which one you're talking about, but if you check my updated guide in this forum, there's a walkthrough for all the Roots. Its possible that you might have to do something like jump your car off a ramp to get up to it or something along those lines.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Don't even worry about them until Epsiodes 7 & 8. You will have to burn a certain number of them at the beginning of both of those episodes to be able to progress in the game. There's about ten or so at the beginning of 7 so I burned all of those and then at the beginning of 8 the rest of them show up, so just drive around and burn them all then. I just finished it up today and I'm pretty sure that's the best way to do it

Ok there should be another rock which looks like a ramp near the rock with the burning car on it, so what you need to do is drive a car of the rock which looks like a ramp and you should land on the other rock then the burning car should launch into the root. Hope i helped :)

my god i tried everything but that...lol,i even stuck a lit plastic bottle to the bumper and launched myself out of the car on take off,needless to say things didnt go according to plan.

Thank you kindly.

• 3 weeks later...

Completely stuck on something stupid.

Using this image as a map.

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/images/thumb/c/c6/AITD_Roots_Map.png/1000px-AITD_Roots_Map.png

how do i get to roots 16, 15, 18, 19, and 20. I've circled this area three times and there is either spikes or water, how do i even get there?

• 1 month later...

how do you get to number 9 every time i jump a car to the area its on a diy insterly and can't see any other way of geting to it? ive tryed throwing a car at it and shoting a the full but and dont burn down bin on this one for a few hours now can any one tell me what im doing wrong? plezs

how do you get to number 9 every time i jump a car to the area its on a diy insterly and can't see any other way of geting to it? ive tryed throwing a car at it and shoting a the full but and dont burn down bin on this one for a few hours now can any one tell me what im doing wrong? plezs

anyone? .

Completely stuck on something stupid.

Using this image as a map.

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/images/thumb/c/c6/AITD_Roots_Map.png/1000px-AITD_Roots_Map.png

how do i get to roots 16, 15, 18, 19, and 20. I've circled this area three times and there is either spikes or water, how do i even get there?

theres a bridge at the top of that area

You missed two actually. It's quite hard to see, but where you got the first one on the wall there is an electircal box. Connect the wire's to make a lift appear, take the lift and upstairs are two more roots (watch out for the fisure that will come at you).

was stuck for a while on this..thx alot for ur help man..

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi there,

I am having trouble with 2 last roots what i need to burn..

COPY FROM ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE:

8-7. Work your way back north to find another root on an elevated island in the middle of an open plain. You need to jump a car off of the earth ramp with the two fires at its base. This will launch you over the gap and onto the elevated island. Once there, you can burn the root however you like.

I am 100% sure that i try to jump from right place because as you are close to the root and that ramp it zooms in on that to give you hint that there you must make jump. Yesterday i attemted about 15-20 times and everytime soon as i land on the island i die for some reason. Where not able to jump out the car even. What the hell i am doing wrong there?

COPY FROM ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE:

7-2. Travel eastward on the main road until you get to the second root. When you get there, it will be on another ledge off to the right of the road. You’ll see a ruined piece of road between the road and the ledge with a burning car on it. When you’re facing the root, there’s a ramp of rock off to the right. Go back down the road to pick up some speed and jump your car off the ramp. If you do it correctly, the car will land on the ruined piece of road and fling the burning car up onto the root.

This one i try only few times and hit the car also, but it did not fly anywhere.. and if i look the area and positioning of these places in my mind i can not even picture how that burning car could fly to the root. What part exacly i should it on that car then? Any videos about that somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any kind of answers!

• 3 weeks later...