Warning!!!!!

to anyone coming to these forums looking for a glimmer of hope and last salvation and reason to buy this game..... .look no further....

ok firstly i am a huge walking dead fan, series, novels, graphic novels, comics, merch whatever i love it. telltales game had a good story but you couldnt really do much wrong in terms of failure, but then came this abortion....

firstly forget what you have been told, seen or read in reviews none of them can tell you just how dog shit this game is.

as a summary and marks out of 10

graphics - 2

a game this late in a consoles lifespan should not look this bad, especially with the series being in the peak of its life and the money being invested in it

gameplay - 3

poor mechanics, no bodily interactions as in hands opening doors, you float up ladders, stealth is broken you can try and run n gun but you get overwhelmed easily, no driving sections, gameplay doesnt change throughout basic go for quests and walking point a to b back to a.

difficulty curve - 9

everyones up for a challenge but this game is relentless either you walk through an area or you restart the are 1000 times before you get lucky and get out

theres only so many out of a zombie train of 1000 that you can wrestle with your pad and stab in the eye

sound - 2

rooker and reedus, hardly AAA list celebs but tied into something special with the walking dead, and yet all their lines sound like they had a spare couple minutes on their lunch to throw out some generic lines, gives no credibility to the characters at all

so theres a basic break down, now i cannot stress how much you should not buy this game, even if you are a gamerscorewhore, it will make you fell dirty, i really wish you could scrape the fecal matter that is the gs from my gamer profile never to be seen again.

this game is so shite that the disc resides under my sofa somewhere in 3 pieces, yup it drove me into a fit of rage that i had to rip it from my disc tray n destroy it...... it really is that bad, and i feel better for doing it

please stay away you have been warned

Everyone has their own opinions and this is a great game to show that.

I personally think it's a good game, I don't really give a damn about the graphics, I mean yes they could have been stunning but they rushed it so I didn't expect much in all honesty. There are some pieces here and there which are annoying or slightly boring, but I'm really enjoying trying to sneak my way through each section and I love becoming scared when I need to use weapons.

I didn't expect much and I didn't get much, but what I got I'm enjoying and that's what counts for me.

Its not just the graphics that are bad, the gameplay is bad as well. As it was rushed out by one of the worst publishers in the industry, the gameplay mechanics are poorly used. I feel sorry for the developers as they had ideas and plans how to make a good TWD game but some POS from Activision tells them to make it about 9 months as wants a bonus

There is better new AAA games out there to spend your money on

this game is so shite that the disc resides under my sofa somewhere in 3 pieces, yup it drove me into a fit of rage that i had to rip it from my disc tray n destroy it...... it really is that bad, and i feel better for doing it

really? seems like a bad choice, why not just sell it or trade it in while it's still fairly new and get some value back?

I seriously doubt you broke the disc.

graphics - 2

a game this late in a consoles lifespan should not look this bad, especially with the series being in the peak of its life and the money being invested in it

What did you think about the graphics in the telltale game? If the developers want to go a certain direction with the graphics, then so be it. You can't expect realistic graphics in every game. If that were the case, then this game would retail for $60 and be made by Naughty Dog, Konami, SquareEnix or whomever.

gameplay - 3

poor mechanics, no bodily interactions as in hands opening doors, you float up ladders, stealth is broken you can try and run n gun but you get overwhelmed easily, no driving sections, gameplay doesnt change throughout basic go for quests and walking point a to b back to a.

I chose not to run and gun because doing so would attract zombies, like it should. So you should expect to be overwhelmed by zombies if you're making loud noises.

Point A to B and back.... alot of games are like that.

Sure you're not able to drive, but at least there are options on which route you can take, and the included areas for scavenging for supplies.

Bodily interactions, alot of games don't do that. The more work put into the game, the more it'll cost. If there was an animation for opening/closing a door, you would be moved to a certain position and put in an uncontrollable state for however long it takes to open or close that door.

difficulty curve - 9

everyones up for a challenge but this game is relentless either you walk through an area or you restart the are 1000 times before you get lucky and get out

theres only so many out of a zombie train of 1000 that you can wrestle with your pad and stab in the eye

I've died a few times on my first playthrough, but that was because Daryl took his sweet ass time reloading a weapon, but I found it quite easy. I basically had to grind for that 13 deaths achievement. Why would the difficulty curve be so high if the game was a basic FPS?

sound - 2

rooker and reedus, hardly AAA list celebs but tied into something special with the walking dead, and yet all their lines sound like they had a spare couple minutes on their lunch to throw out some generic lines, gives no credibility to the characters at all

I didn't care much for the voice acting. My only issue with sound was the difference between how close a zombie's moan was compared to it's distance.

All in all, its a basic game, not an addicting one, but it is playable.

I got all the achievements within a days rental :woop:

What did you think about the graphics in the telltale game? If the developers want to go a certain direction with the graphics, then so be it. You can't expect realistic graphics in every game. If that were the case, then this game would retail for $60 and be made by Naughty Dog, Konami, SquareEnix or whomever.

the game was around full price in europe. The graphics in the TT game are 1) by a small studio 2) they are done in comic book style 3) they look much better than TWD SI's rushed effort

Survival Instinct was done by a larger studio with a big name publisher behind them who rushed them to shit out a game in time for the end of season 3 of TWD

If people enjoyed SI, good for them

My few bitches are the inventory slots. I mean you cross duffle bags and backpaks all through the game and can't pick one up??!?!?!. Second are respawning walkers in area where you've just cleared a parking lot of all but 1. You attack him 3-4 seconds after panning the view to see you're clear, just to kill ham and already being attacked. Like the come out of nowhere FAST. Depth perception of mele and walker grabs is a bit off. Seems like with a pipe, bat, ax...etc you'd have a 2-3 ft advantage... NAH.. they can grab you from 7 ft away!.

Other than those and my party member either smelling like prime rib whensending them out or being piss poor shots, and never come back... It's an Ok game. Not the best.. definately not the worst.

At least it's not like the other walking dead where it's a choose your own adventure. If you're wanting zombie action.. DEAD ISLAND is right around the corner.. it will put this game to shame!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Person sounds like they are really bad at the game

Agreed. I still don't plan on keeping the game once I finish but I'm definitely enjoying the experience a lot more than I thought I would be. I wasn't expecting to like it at all based on the various reviews I'd read. The final product could have been much worse. It's not THAT bad. Graphics aren't everything. :p

I'll throw in my opinion... why the hell not. The first hour I was pretty bored. No real story to get me into it, the graphics didn't pull me in, I was never startled by the walkers... it seemed just like a throw you into the middle kinda game, and that's ok, but it didn't do that initial draw in, which most zombie/survival/horror/supernatural type games do. Once I got the hang of the little quirks, I actually started to have a bit of fun with it, although I still don't like the 4 swipes with a knife to kill one... I know it would be too easy if every walker was insta knife kill, but they should have made it something other than generic swipes, that just looked bad, and didn't made sense overall. Why would there be any difference killing a walker head on, or when a herd is trying to eat you, or stealth, maybe a timed lock on to focus your knife would have made sense? I don't know, I guess I should overlook it, but it was still weird. Once I got the crossbow, I was having a lot of fun. Basically picking off a walker, then executing one, pulling out the bolt and killing another... kill streak/chains that were pretty fun to pull off. But when YOU have to be the one to make a game fun, it says quite a bit about that game. Did I find a way to enjoy it... yes. Would I tell others to play it, no. I would say that compared to other titles, even other AA titles, it isn't very good, and anyone who says that it is actually a good game, must never have played one before. My rating system goes like this

Burn all copies you see

eh, don't bother

maybe, if you are bored

you will probably like it

if you don't play this I will stab you in the eye

this game is somewhere like, eh, don't bother unless you are bored, got nothing else to play, or want some pretty easy achievement points from a game that probably shouldn't have come out, but it still wasn't actually as bad as people said it was, but it still wasn't very good.

Edited by Midnight Malice

The game is a 5.5 or 6/10. It's not actually that bad if you play it for the fun factor. If you play it trying to critique it turns into like a 3.

Yeah - I said in another thread that the game is MORE than the sum of its parts. It's ugly, plays poorly, is generic in almost every aspect...and yet I enjoy creeping around, trying not to get spotted by Z's and scavenging everything. I felt more tension in Survival Instinct than any Resident Evil since 4.

It's just one of those games; I'd never recommend it, but I"m totally fine enjoying it for myself. Sometimes I just don't care if a game is poorly made, I can still have tons of fun.

• 1 month later...

Ok your saying rooker and reeds are hardly AAA celebs are you fucking dumber than a sack of dog shit? They have over 10 million viewers on the walking dead as I say haters gonna hate!