*SPOILERS* Achievement Walkthrough *SPOILERS*

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STUPID STUPID GLITCH!!!! Seems if u make this mistake you have to restart the entire game!!! :rant::wtf

There is no glitch, you can save the game at any time; you don't have to start from the beginning if you make a mistake (eg, the lullaby record & record player in Act 3 is a little glitchy... I had problems myself when I was developing the walkthrough. The bee comes in from the trap-door after about a second, if you do not use the lullaby record within that time you will need to get the Gorgonzola to complete the Act! I thought the timing wouldn't be an issue as all the testers who went through this for me had no problems themselves).

Also, unlike Penny Arcade Adventures, you can save in different slots... so it's recommended saving at the beginning of each Act in one of the four available slots.

You all have to remember that this is ONLY an achievement walkthrough, it is NOT meant to be an achievement guide. If you only go through this walkthrough, you will not fully understand why you've unlocked these achievements, so any minor mistakes or deviations will be difficult to rectify. I hope someone will do a proper x360a guide over the next few days... it was NEVER my intention to do so. I just hope I've helped some of you to get 200GP in this amazing game and I look forward to helping you again when Episode 2 (The Last Resort) is released on XBLA!

ok on ACT 3 on the last section as outlined above i didnt understand what the guide ment and sent the robot towards the cheese (thinking it would scare the bees off) and now the record player, robot and cheese are all on top of the hive and i cant continue!!! any ideas how to fix this as the game has saved itself!!

Go to the police station in town and paw at the door.

The constable will give you some Gorgonzola.

Go back to the cellar and call the sniffer back using the Gorgonzola then climb into it and go up to the top of the hive.

You wont be able to get the "No Go Gorgonzola" achievement but you can pick that up next time you play through and I recommend playing through a couple of times anyway just for all the stuff you miss the first time round.

Your better off using the guide he linked too, This one misses out parts to help you progress.

http://www.telltalegames.com/wallaceandgromit/walkthrough/frightofthebumblebees

If you use the official walkthrough explicitly you will miss a number of achievements (No Go Gorgonzola, Yee-Ow, Get Cracking, Snail Whisperer, Bee Pleaser & Memory Lane), but if your stuck then it's perfect to get you going again.

Great guide but this part of the 3rd act is a little misleading :

Use Cheese Sniffer 3000. (Wensleydale)
You should replace it by something like :

Use Sniffer 3000

Use remote control (Wensleydale)

So people can know they must hide in the sniffer before activating it.

But as I said it's a really great guide !

Edited by Wicelow

- Task 3 - The house siege.

Open door.

Climb stairs.

Take lullaby record.

Open door.

Open basement door.

Select remote. (Wensleydale)

Climb stairs.

Open front door.

Open back gate. (Left of the garage)

Use Wensleydale with door. (The trap-door leading to the basement)

Walk right to enter the kitchen.

Open door.

Open basement door.

Use Cheese Sniffer 3000. (Wensleydale)

Use lullaby record with record player (No Go Gorgonzola 1/1) (Act 3: Buzz Cutter 4/5)

Open kitchen door. (Act 3: Buzz Cutter 5/5)

For the part in red, I got a bit confused at first. You should change the wording to something like

"Get inside the mechanical mouse"

"Use Remote - wensleydale"

I sent the damn mouse up there I don't know how many times not knowing I was supposed to get into it. Always making sure I saved my progress at particular points, I was able to figure it out and not have to replay the whole game for the "no go gorgonzola achievement".

There is no glitch, you can save the game at any time; you don't have to start from the beginning if you make a mistake (eg, the lullaby record & record player in Act 3 is a little glitchy... I had problems myself when I was developing the walkthrough. The bee comes in from the trap-door after about a second, if you do not use the lullaby record within that time you will need to get the Gorgonzola to complete the Act! I thought the timing wouldn't be an issue as all the testers who went through this for me had no problems themselves).

Also, unlike Penny Arcade Adventures, you can save in different slots... so it's recommended saving at the beginning of each Act in one of the four available slots.

You all have to remember that this is ONLY an achievement walkthrough, it is NOT meant to be an achievement guide. If you only go through this walkthrough, you will not fully understand why you've unlocked these achievements, so any minor mistakes or deviations will be difficult to rectify. I hope someone will do a proper x360a guide over the next few days... it was NEVER my intention to do so. I just hope I've helped some of you to get 200GP in this amazing game and I look forward to helping you again when Episode 2 (The Last Resort) is released on XBLA!

Your guide is actually exactly what is needed. It is a perfect example of what a guide should be. It is detailed to the point that there should be no mistakes. A few spots could be reworded to negate confusion, but it for this game at least it is perfect.

If it had to go in for a guide, I wouldn't change anything. Because of the way the achievements are set up, and that you have to accomplish certain tasks throughout the game, the guide is unique in that sense as well. Can't just put in bits and pieces in to the achievement descriptions as they could and would be missed if they do not follow all the steps in your guide.

For the part in red, I got a bit confused at first. You should change the wording to something like

"Get inside the mechanical mouse"

"Use Remote - wensleydale"

I sent the damn mouse up there I don't know how many times not knowing I was supposed to get into it. Always making sure I saved my progress at particular points, I was able to figure it out and not have to replay the whole game for the "no go gorgonzola achievement".

No, you don't use the Cheese Sniffer remote in this instance. Once you've activated the mouse (ie, you've climbed in) you automatically go to the remote destination screen, you don't have to do it yourself. My walkthrough is correct in this case. It would only confuse people more.

Anyway, someone is already writing a proper guide for this, so this thread will soon be redundant.

But I think somebody used your walktrough and translated it into German. Look here.

This was inevitable, I guess! Thanks for the link, but I can't really complain; the internet is full of uncredited works... this is just a small drop in the vast virtual plagiaristic ocean.

Let him have his glory! I am just glad I could help the few of you here to get an easy 200GP before the vultures descended!

EDIT: A little tip to those who want to use other people's work as your own; DON'T use their 'invented' systems in your work... like this 'person' has! He/she/it still has the (1/1) system I created, purposely, for this walkthrough & appears in no other official or unofficial walkthrough!

EDIT2: However, if you're German and cannot read this English thread, his walkthrough is probably excellent! Please use it!

Edited by tastefulmrship
Tip for plagiarists worldwide!