Are the signature weapons neccesarily the best?

00darkfox00

It's hard to compare the stats of the Shadow against all the other handguns because they're in an entirely different category in the shop, so im just curious are the signature weapons better than every other weapon in it's class...Is the Bull the best shotgun, is the shredder the best SMG?

If not, what do you think is the best weapon in each category? And best weapon overall?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, i don't think signature weapons are the best in each category.

For example i always prefer M16 with silencer and mag over the signature assault rifle.

As shotgun i love spaks.

But if you continue playing you'll end very quickly to own any weapon of the game so you can choose among them.

In my opinion, the Shadow is. The Red Dot sight and suppressor coupled with the 1911's damage make it more useful than the 6P9 or whatever.

I still carry a .44 to kill tigers and such though.

The .50 cal sniper you unlock is not best from my perspective. It does a lot of damage, sure, but I prefer to utilize a suppressor. Makes things a whole lot cleaner.

As for the others, I wouldn't know. I usually carry my two pistols, a suppressed M700, and the Recurve Bow.

I wouldn't say they are the best. For example, the AMR is an amazing sniper rifle, but it doesn't have a silencer. That is why I also carried a silenced Z93. For the SMG's, however, I think the Shredder would be the best in its category, as it has much higher damage than any of the other SMG's. I also used the Bushman, but I found it hard to use for some reason, so a large part of it is personal preference. In any case, I wish I experimented more. I almost solely used the Shredder, the AMR, and the Z93, and now there are no more enemies except for that one spot near Orphan Point.

Edited by ShmedReborn

Signature Sniper (AMR) suffers from lack of suppressor. Silenced M700 is better.

Signature Magnum (Cannon from U-Play) just looks silly with an optical scope. Shadow or regular Magnum is better.

Signature Shotgun (Bull) is a beast, it outperforms any shotgun in my opinion.

Signature SMG (Shredder) is the best automatic gun I've experienced so far and according to FarCry Wiki, it's a must have weapon along with the Signature LMG (Ripper).

Right now I'm just rocking the Silenced M700, Recurve Bow, Shredder and Bull. It's a great combo of weapons for any encounter, although I may want to ditch one of my ranged weapons for The Shadow or even the Bushman (which is apparently really good).

Edited by BiggD

To summarize:

Handguns

D50 or Shadow (stealth)

SMGs

Shredder

Shotguns

SPAS-12 or Bull? I haven't used either.

Assault Rifles

ACE or Bushman (stealth)

Sniper Rifles

Z93 - Can be silenced and the AMR is overkill

LMGs

Ripper

Best weapon in the game

Recurve Bow ;)

Again it all comes down to personal preference, but I think these are the best stat-wise.

Edited by ShmedReborn

I'm only a little ways into the game but I very much like the Shredder and the Bull. I'm not as much of a fan of the signature sniper rifle. I'd much rather have a suppressor because of how I use the sniper rifle.

Basically right now I always carry the Bull, the Shredder, and a silenced M-700 (w/ the high power scope). My 4th weapons usually depends on what I'm working on in the game at the time.

Can I say honestly Im not too impressed with the recurve bow? I mean, even with the marksman sight I can rarely hit anything farther than 30 meters, even if I use the little distance trick to line up the sight on the correct notch...To me it's like a medium range silenced sniper rifle...Id rather use a a silenced AR

So far I've only cleared about half the Radio Towers/Outposts on the 1st Island, but as far as I can tell...

• the Bull (signature-shotgun) seems significantly more powerful than the other 2 shotguns I've used.

• the AMR (signature-sniper) is great... if you need to hit a single target with an artillery round! This thing is ridiculous. And keep in mind that every enemy (human and animal) will hear it when you pull the trigger.

• the suppressed Shredder (signature-SMG suppressed) is AWESOME! I really love this weapon! And I was really happy with my suppressed-MP9 before I unlocked the Shredder. I'd prefer the red-dot sight, but even with the semi-annoyingly bright blue sight, this Shredder is fantastic.

• I haven't really used the handguns much at all. But after reading some of the other comments here, I think I'll give the suppressed Shadow a try. (I haven't unlocked any of the other signature weapons yet.)

The only annoying thing with these "Signature-Weapons" is that apparently they've all been assembled by a weld-happy gunsmith. You cannot change ANYTHING on these. I'm surprised we can even change the magazine when we run out of ammo!

and @ darkfox:

Yeah, I'm on the fence... the Recurve-Bow is definitely an acquired taste. I think I'm going to like it a whole lot more once I finally unlock the "special" arrow options. Particularly the explosive tips.

I find it VERY difficult to range any distance farther than 30-40 meters. It also seems VERY inconsistent. For instance; Using a tree for target practice, I lined-up the 100-meter mark (marksman sight) and my 1st arrow appeared to land significantly short. But then my very next arrow landed significantly high (crouched, elevated position approximately 5 meters above the target). And I found this to be a consistent problem even after about 50+ tries.

Cheers :drunk

Edited by Splinter4

After completing this game...

No, not all Signature weapons are the "best".

My loadout for the entire game was:

Flamethrower

Recurve Bow

Bull Shotgun

Signature Sniper Rifle (whatever the hell it was called...)

I ran a mostly CQC game. My knife saw more kills than all those weapons combined. The flamethrower was good if a group was chasing me. The Recurve was good for stealth kills when I absolutely had to make a kill to make an outpost taking possible with all stealth. The shotgun was good for killing animals and other shotgunners. The Sniper Rifle... Well, it was great for long distance kills. I'd hide in a bush and shoot someone, then move. I didn't need a silencer on it, I'd just move and evade. A bad sniper is one who stays in the same spot so he can be found. Good snipers move from place to place.

Though, I do question the whole "put a scope on the shotgun". Does it REALLY need one? I mean, it's not firing SLUGS... This seems unnecessary and stupid. Surely they could've put something ELSE on the gun.

Though, I do question the whole "put a scope on the shotgun". Does it REALLY need one? I mean, it's not firing SLUGS... This seems unnecessary and stupid. Surely they could've put something ELSE on the gun.

Wish they gave the option to put a silencer on the shotguns. I've been infatuated with silenced shotguns ever since Anton Chigurh.

Wish they gave the option to put a silencer on the shotguns. I've been infatuated with silenced shotguns ever since Anton Chigurh.

I wondered that myself. Why there wasn't a Silencer on the shotgun. Or, why it didn't have a Red Dot Sight instead. It's a shotgun that fires pellents instead of slugs. It doesn't need a scope if it's not firing slugs. The point of a shotgun is "aim in the general direction". It's meant for wide angles of fire. It's not meant to be pinpoint accurate. The point of a shotgun is to fill as much space in front of you as possible with as many projectiles as possible. This is why it's a "close range" weapon.

I always question why game programmers let you put scopes or sights on a shotgun when there's no option to change to "slugs". What is the freakin' point of the sights if you can only ever fire the pellets? Call of Duty is freakin' fond of that as well.

It annoys me to no end.

Towards the end of the game I ran the Bushmaster, the Shredder, the M-700 silenced and then the Signature sniper as well.

I used the signature sniper to one shot the heavy guys. Worked really well.

Shouldn't you have been using the silenced Z93 at the end of the game instead of the silenced M-700? The Z93's damage is just short of the AMR (which does max damage) so it is considerably more powerful than the M-700.

Shouldn't you have been using the silenced Z93 at the end of the game instead of the silenced M-700? The Z93's damage is just short of the AMR (which does max damage) so it is considerably more powerful than the M-700.

But bolt-action snipers are much cooler :p

Personally, I may end up swapping out my suppressed M700 for the Z93 simply because the Z93 does more damage and can have three attachments as opposed to only two for the M700.

Oh, and would a Z93 take out the Heavies in one shot if it's suppressed?