The Official "Looking For A Band or Band Members" thread

Lonsta DaMonsta

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expert drummer, pro drums. I can play every song but select few (like Llama and Fly like and Eagle. Working on it!), I can also play expert bass. Both of those I average 5 gold stars with over half of the RB3 songs. Add me. I like to play for fun, even though achievements are high on my list! But the only ones I am really going to have problems with will be the harmonies. *sigh*

I'd like to join a band (or create one, whatever) to play for the 1million points in a song achievement. Whichever song it would be pretty easy to do this on.

I mostly play hard guitar (have 5* on all songs)/ expert bass (except for some of the nightmare and impossible songs). And I can play alot of the songs on hard keys, if i'm using the guitar controller (only if this is needed, obviously. If there's someone who can play expert keys, all the better)

I can't do drums or vocals very well at all i'm afraid :(

So yea if anyone wants to play just for this achievement, send me an xbl message, or quote me on here and let me know :)

I'm looking for a band, mainly just for fun. I'm really not that fussed about getting FCs or high leaderboard scores.

I play expert drums (5*/GS all but about 7 RB3 songs), expert/hard guitar (5 star most on expert apart from really hard ones, FC almost all on hard) and the same with bass. Can do vocals but very rarely do.

GT: Th3 Majica

I'm in the UK, can play drums during the day up until around 5pm, any later than that and I can only play guitar/bass. Unfortunately due to lack of funds (I'm unemployed) I don't have much DLC at the moment, but that will change when I have a job.

I am looking for a group to do the 1million pt achievement. I play hard/expert bass and hard guitar (expert on easier songs). I have the RBN megamix ready to go. Please send me an invite if interested. My mic is unreliable with RB games so I may not be able to talk but can hear you.

GT Nursewithwound

1. Islandweller - Keys (Hard)

2. Majica8 - Drums (Expert)

3. darkphoenix1992 - Bass (Expert)

4. xIImiseryIIx - Guitar (Hard)

Ok got our little group for the 1million points achievement boost :)

Thought it would be much easier to put all the info here so we each know what's going on in one handy location.

Right! So we're doing this Thursday 27th, 4pm GMT (11am EST)

Song to be played: Freebird

It's the obvious choice really, and if we get the 1mil with time to spare, we can go for the 60 second achievement/90 second overdrive goal, for those that need either of them still. To make it easier to keep the chain going, Drums will start when everyone has a full OD bar, then Guitar-Bass-Keys as each player's bar is almost depleted.

If it doesn't hapen in Freebird, we'll play another song afterwards to get the overdrive requirement, not as long a song as Freebird lol, and everyone can play on whatever difficulty they'd feel comfortable hitting all orverdrive notes on within that song. It will be drummers choice :)

I've got you all added on live, and i'll be creating a live party about 5-10 minutes before we're due to start :)

Edited by Islandweller

1. Islandweller - Keys (Hard)

2. Majica8 - Drums (Expert)

3. darkphoenix1992 - Bass (Expert)

4. xIImiseryIIx - Guitar (Expert)

Ok got our little group for the 1million points achievement boost :)

Thought it would be much easier to put all the info here so we each know what's going on in one handy location.

Right! So we're doing this Thursday 27th, 4pm GMT (11am EST)

Song to be played: Freebird

It's the obvious choice really, and if we get the 1mil with time to spare, maybe we can go for the 90 second overdrive goal, dunno if anyone needs that still? I know I do lol.

Otherwise we could just play a quick song afterwards to get the overdrive requirement.

I'll get you all added on live soon, and then create a live party about 5-10 minutes before we're due to start :)

Sounds good, I still need the Overdrive achievement too so would be happy to go for that after. Don't know the best song to use when going for it with a 4 player band though, I guess something long and on an easier difficulty.

A few hiccups at the start haha (damn limitations on 2 guitar controllers!) I ended up having to sing but we got what we set out to acomplish, so all good!! Thanks again Misery, Majica, and Darkphoenix :D :D

I do wonder now though, that if I had set it to 'all instruments mode' if it would have made a difference? It probably still wouldn't have allowed 3 guitars connected, but would it have let the keyboard be used too? (even though i would have sucked playing it on hard lol!)

Sounds good, I still need the Overdrive achievement too so would be happy to go for that after. Don't know the best song to use when going for it with a 4 player band though, I guess something long and on an easier difficulty.

We've got a slight change, in that Misery will play Hard on guitar now instead of Expert. But that should still be fine for getting the score, based on what you've posted previously :)

And yea, i've already got the overdrive achievement myself but that was from a dlc song. As mentioned, I do still need the 90 second in-game goal though. I'm really not sure what song on-disc would be best, but like you say something that has a bit of length to it, and everyone can play on whatever difficulty they feel most comfortable with.

I'll say it's drummers choice ;) as ultimately it will be you who will want to start the overdrive chain , then we'll all follow suit, say guitar-bass-keys.

If we use this same method in Freebird once we've hit 1million, it may possibly work then, i really don't know how much time we'll have spare iin the song though.

Oh, when we're going for the score in Freebird, you've said it's best deploying overdrive when at 3/4 or full overdrive (obv makes sense lol) i'm assuming we'll all wait for the first overdrive deploy until all four have built up our bars, and again just wait for your lead on that?

Edited by Islandweller

A few hiccups at the start haha (damn limitations on 2 guitar controllers!) I ended up having to sing but we got what we set out to acomplish, so all good!! Thanks again Misery, Majica, and Darkphoenix :D :D

No problem, thanks, and also thanks to Misery and Darkphoenix. As I said I already had the million points one but needed the OD one. Both were pretty easy in the end.

Btw, if you enable "All instruments mode" you can't play on XBL, it's for local multiplayer only. Online you can have any 2 of guitar, keys or bass, plus vocals and drums. Sucks but I guess they have their reasons (although no idea what they would be)

I'm looking for people to play online as well. I play mostly drums (Medium/Hard with some Expert), but can play Bass and Keys (though nothing really above Medium). I have RB1, 2, 3, Beatles, and Lego Rock Band. If you're gonna add me, just leave a message saying it's for Rock Band.

GT: pandaboy

Hi

I Looking for some people to play regularly for some fun and to pick up some of the band achievement's. I play the drums on Pro medium and some of the easier ones on hard. Not the best drummer but i find it fun none the less.

P.S I would prefer people who like metal as that's what most of my dlc is. :D

Edited by Triggerfull

No problem, thanks, and also thanks to Misery and Darkphoenix. As I said I already had the million points one but needed the OD one. Both were pretty easy in the end.

Btw, if you enable "All instruments mode" you can't play on XBL, it's for local multiplayer only. Online you can have any 2 of guitar, keys or bass, plus vocals and drums. Sucks but I guess they have their reasons (although no idea what they would be)

Ahh I see! Yea it's def a shame that you can't have all 5 at once playing over live, good job I didn't arrange for an extra perrson to play with us haha.

I hope you manage to find a group to play with on a regular basis, like your original post suggested. Maybe it might be worth doing what I did and start messaging people who have posted previously? (Even Darkphoenix and/or Misery might continue to play with you?) So much of the time people only make a post asking others to "message them if interested", but never take the time to arrange something themselves lol.

I've arranged groups for boosting on games a couple of times now, and it's ended up being so much more effective.