New Game + screw up?

shinobigarth

so after beating the game, i went to main menu and hit continue, then it told me about the NG+, etc...and i meant to select X Treme or whatever the hardest difficulty is, but somehow i saw it accidentally switched to the lowest difficulty right before i hit A. now how that happened i dont know, maybe i bumped the analog stick by accident.

anyway, now whenever i choose continue, it takes me to the start of the game in what i assume is the casual difficulty, and no way to re choose the difficulty.

after that i tried loading up the last level, and switching it to highest difficulty after the level started, then beat the end boss and the chievey didnt pop. i think the reason is because i didnt ENTER the level on that difficulty.

so would it work, now that the game should be set on X-Treme, for me to select the last level again, and i will enter the level on that difficulty, thereby registering that i beat it on that difficulty? or am i screwed and have to do the game over?

Edited by shinobigarth

Similar situation, dude. What I did was I played a bit on hardest difficulty while farming undone challenges, and then inevitably switched to easy mode to do these challenges, forgetting that I need it to be on hardest throughout for the glitch to work.

Looks like it's an entire playthrough before I get the credits and the choice to do another NG+ again.

I'm skipping it by the way.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Man I did that too. Not that an easy playthrough will be tough but it will definitely be tedious as all hell. Especially not being able to skip the god awful dialogue and boring-as-watching-cars-rust cutscenes. Worst thing is, if you accidentally go into the continue menu, you can't even go back and select it later, which is what i tried to do. What a bunch of poop.

Edited by BrenteusMaximus

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Im glad im not the only one that screwed this up, and glad i only rented this on my gamepass, lol. And gazmaster, yes what u need to do is fly through it on easy again by hitting continue, finish the game and then continue again and select hardest difficulty when prompted while starting your new game. Then when game begins quit to menu, load game and select mission 8

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...