New Update coming in 2014 ($15 DLC, $40 retail)

KingBroly

Yesterday at EVO, Capcom announced that the next balance update for SSF4 would include a DLC update with the following:

- Balancing Changes

- 6 new stages

- 5 new characters (Poison, Elena, Hugo, Rolento + 1 SF newcomer*)

* - A character that's never been in a SF game before, may or may not be from a different franchise. Is not Fat Mega Man or Asura.

It will cost $15 via DLC, but will also get a full version for $40, available at retail or digitally. If you get the full version, you get all of the costumes released so far for free. If you pre-order, you get 5 Udon cosumes as well.

http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/13/rolento-elena-hugo-poison-heading-to-street-fighter-iv-in-update-fifth-character-never-seen-before/

Edited by KingBroly

i hate to say this, but after the fiasco they pulled with the SFxT dlc, i'm glad they returned to upgrading SF4. considering this is the 4th iteration of SF4 not to mention current-gen is slowly giving way to next gen, i would have preferred capcom make SF5 instead, but at least with this, gamers have a choice of whether or not and how they will purchase this. i just wish they added more features to this other than what's been revealed (read: SFA3 features!)

i hate to say this, but after the fiasco they pulled with the SFxT dlc, i'm glad they returned to upgrading SF4. considering this is the 4th iteration of SF4 not to mention current-gen is slowly giving way to next gen, i would have preferred capcom make SF5 instead, but at least with this, gamers have a choice of whether or not and how they will purchase this. i just wish they added more features to this other than what's been revealed (read: SFA3 features!)

According to Ono's twitter, they don't have the resources to work on SF5 right now along with this. So...I think that's pretty dumb. But I like SF4 a lot, so I'll take this.

• 2 months later...
Yesterday at EVO, Capcom announced that the next balance update for SSF4 would include a DLC update with the following:

- Balancing Changes

- 6 new stages

- 5 new characters (Poison, Elena, Hugo, Rolento + 1 SF newcomer*)

* - A character that's never been in a SF game before, may or may not be from a different franchise. Is not Fat Mega Man or Asura.

It will cost $15 via DLC, but will also get a full version for $40, available at retail or digitally. If you get the full version, you get all of the costumes released so far for free. If you pre-order, you get 5 Udon cosumes as well.

http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/13/rolento-elena-hugo-poison-heading-to-street-fighter-iv-in-update-fifth-character-never-seen-before/

I'm really hoping that the 5th character is King Cobra (google him). He was supposed to be new in Street Fighter 4, but they replaced him with Rufus, and gave his costume to Ken as an alt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...