can't select Max?

So i noticed this since i put the game in my xbox. Everytime i load up a empire scenario it doesn't let me choose "Max" officers it only let's me get many??? so after beating the Yellow Turban Rebellion it still won't let me choose Max for gathering of heroes, it's just blanked out. Can anyone help?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Although it probably doesn't matter anymore, I somehow feel the need to give an answer. The "Max" Option became available to me later, after clearing "Dong Zhou in Luo Yang" or "Divided Land". I think you just have to play through a few scenarios.
I can confirm this. Can't remember exactly which scenario it was, but I believe the MAX officers option unlocked for me after completing 2 or 3 of them (always on the easiest difficulty, FWIW). Also, I'm not sure if it depends on the number of officers you've collected, but I had around 150 officers at that point.

Also, I'm not sure if it depends on the number of officers you've collected, but I had around 150 officers at that point.

I had around 200-220 at the time I could select Max, so if there is a minimum number required for Max to unlock, it has to be 150 or less.

The difficulty setting doesn't seem to speed things up, though, as I was always playing on medium and couldn't unlock it any sooner.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I realize everyone has already played and finished this game. I just picked it up thru Games on Demand..

I have 2 issues ..

1- I have 240 officers cheevo,but in the list of officers to hire wide all of them have a get next to their name,I only have 98 officers in my force currently,and there is ( I counted) only 148 officers in the hire list. What gives? Where are the other officers even at? I'm sure it's these last 4 officers I need to get 250 so I'm totally fixated on this one. Any ideas?

2-I cannot select max officers,even after completing the dong zhuo scenario,so obviously that is not the only parameter required. I will probably just finish divided land and see after that .

• 2 weeks later...
I've finished Divided Land but the option to max officers didn't appear.

Stuck at 210 officers now. I saw an officer I need in the next scenario, went on to beat him a few times until I captured him, and then after the fight, he refuses to join, still.

I think what is needed is to both finish the Dong Zhuo scenario as well as either divided land or gathering for the max option. After messing around a bit more last week. I had already completed the dong zhuo scenario and still could not select max,I then finished a divided land,and the next time I went to play a gathering of heroes I could select max. Also,I tried getting all the officers in the dong zhuo scenario,and was able to get all but the last 10. Once I got 1/2 way thru gathering of heroes I had gained the last officers needed for 250.Also,if your early in your quest for officers it is way easier to get most with the search wide option 1st,then hire wide once the search wide begins to fail,then I found that recruiting allowed for better success with last few,because there was less need for the special items officers require when doing hire wide. Meaning if you know you only have a select few officers left to get,and the refuse to join your force try recruiting them instead. I had Deng Mao refuse me 6 times until i went to recruit,there he did not refuse,and did not ask for an item in return. Funny thing is i wrote out an officer checklist and found there is 251 officers,the one officer I didnt ever get was Shui Jing,although it didn't matter as far earning the cheevo,I can not find him anywhere in the game,but he is in the game's officer list. I wonder if anyone has found him

• 7 months later...

FYI, I just beat all six scenarios once on NOVICE and still cannot use max settings. I have 244 officers, and can't get the rest of them.

:(

UPDATE: As the almighty google suggested, I spent 2 hours clearing Yellow Turban on easy, and still NO max setting.

I ended up just cycling through every single officer using "Hire-wide" and got it without the setting. You just keep releasing officers when you have 98/100 and hire ones that don't have "get" because as long as they sit in your army for one second, they count.

Edited by Puppys

• 9 months later...