Halo 3: ODST Bitching Thread

AOS Puck

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tired of seeing so many "This game sucks", "Are you disappointed", etc. type threads. If you have to bitch about the game, do it here. Should you ignore this thread and make your own "bitching" thread, it will be deleted and you will be infracted.

The Game actually isn't that bad. But it SHULD have and COULD have been better

I like the game alot. The only thing I did have an issue with was that the first day I got it, I played for about 4 hours and beat 4 campaign missions, then turned off the xbox. apparently if you dont save when you exit...NONE of your progress is saved. My own stupid mistake I know, but still wasnt cool to have to go back and play all of it over again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Luckily I never had issues with lag even on my shit wireless internet service. lol, me, my cousin, my bro, and one of my cousins friends over xbox live did the firefight vidmaster in like an hour cause I guess we were that good. And right after we got the achievement it started lagging! We were actually gonna keep playing cause we still had over 20 lives after the 4th set or whatever it was to get achievement!

Endure.

Alpha Site.

4th set.

3rd round.

5th wave.

14 lives left.

Then about 3 Fuel Rod Cannon Brutes come along with the Gravity Hammer Brutes, if the shots don't kill us the 'Catch' grenades do. All of a sudden we're down to 3 lives left in a matter of minutes.

I take out all three of the Hammer guys but I'm out of ammo in everything else and then the last 3 lives we have are taken out.

All of a sudden I'm the last man standing with an empty gun and a close-quarters weapon and no grenades. Not to mention I'm knocking on death's door as it is.

I take out a couple of Brutes, my team cheering me on haha, and then come up to the next one, he throws a grenade and I jump at him, blast him with the Hammer and he melees me which throws me back into the exploding grenade he just threw.

Game over.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

i read in here there is a way to play CO-OP on campaign ???

how the hell do you set that up, im sick of then things that always come in pairs when ur in the city that you need to get behind before you can kill them but cant for the 2nd one always being in the way , its really pissing me off now so a 2nd person would be great help for me on this, other than that i enjoy the game

• 2 months later...

loved all halos, so i picked up this one around christmas. wasnt sure what to expect because i never played it before, i just knew that we werent spartans anymore.

the campaign had some REALLY good levels, i enjoyed it alot. could have been made longer, it only took me and 3 of my buddies like 2 hours to run thru it. overall the game had to grow on me, at first i didnt like it much but after completing the campaign i realized this was a pretty good game.

EDIT: ALpha i love that panda reference from South Park!! are you really from sweden?

no BR makes me a saaad panda

Edited by niko da bos
because

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
AGGHH just like Reach.. Legendary keeps messing with me.. not giving me credit for beating levels.. it shouldn't be this touchy!!!

Are you playing the levels completely in one sitting? No saving and quitting to come back later?

If you are playing the whole mission through in one sitting, then that sucks. I've never had that happen to me in Reach or ODST, or H3 for that matter.

I have two main gripes with this game. Firstly, I wish it had matchmaking so that I could just play a firefight or campaign whenever I wanted to. This is minor offense to me though as I haven't touched the game since getting 1k-

My second problem is much more pertinent though. I don't understand why when going for Endure a player losing connection should cost the rest of the team the achievement and attempt. Especially when it's something that can be over a 2 hour time investment-

Obviously the achievement states that it needs to be done with 4 players. Yet still, it's definitely harder to do with 3 people and the players would be getting no advantage, so why wouldn't Bungie just let the remaining players continue?!

My first attempt we got rushed and failed on the very last wave of the 4th set. My next attempt the following day, to our dismay, a player disconnected during the middle of the 3rd set. And after an hour break we got a new player and completed Endure on my 3rd try-

Still, the 4th set was far more stressful than it needed to be, not because of a lack of skill, but a lack of faith in the connection and this poor design of ODST is truly a travesty-

• 3 weeks later...

Endure.

Alpha Site.

2nd set.

3rd round.

5th wave.

0 lives left.

I'm Last Man Standing.

After doing the entire wave all by myself (yes, that's right), a team mate drops out midway through the next wave and we get sent back into the lobby. A good 70 minutes wasted. I love it when people drop out without saying anything, real good fucking waste of my mother fucking time. Like it wasn't enough I had to mother fucking solo the last wave on the third round. Fucking bulllshit ass goblin faggots. End mother fucking rant.

Edited by dotCody

• 4 weeks later...

I remember when i last attempted Endure on the Halo Reach beta release day. Being in the UK, we had to wait for hours and hours before the beta was finally released, so some of my friends decided to try for the Endure achievement, and i joined them. We spent a good two or three hours playing, doing really well, until the final wave of round 3, in Set 4, and it all turned to shit. We eventually pulled out the win, and got to Set 5, and no achievement popped. After we left the game and went to the lobby, it took us a couple of seconds to realise we'd had it on Normal, rather than Heroic, and our time was completely wasted D:

• 3 weeks later...

Currently working on a Legendary Co-Op run with 3 others, so far 2 levels refuse to be completed without someone disconnecting. What's worse is it doesn't count as a complete level on Legendary unless it's completed from the beginning to the end of the level, the resume Co-Op game option is worthless. Not really a problem as it stands as Legendary with 4 players is incredibly quick & easy, what I don't want to do is waste my time doing the 2 Vidmaster challenges for someone to disconnect near the end and reset it for everyone.

Reading from other peoples complaints this is a persistant problem... Bungie really seemed to have dropped the ball on this one. I think I might just stick with 950gs on this game.