flying?

wexsuvslim

i absolutely love this game but the flying is killing me

is there a way to slow down and speed up? i also don't fully understand what the right and left bumpers do

i realize that they move the plane slightly left or right but what's the purpose of that?

i am on the trevor mission and i have to land my damn plane and i am having quite a lot of trouble doing it

i managed to land once but then i crashed into the river

i feel like an idiot but this flying shit is driving me bonkers

Right trigger is accelerate, letting it go slows the engines, left trigger is the so called brake. RB and LB is the rudder controls, in the air its easier to correct small movements using this and on the ground its the only way to make the plane turn.

You can make some pretty rough landings as long as you slam on the breaks as your coming in, i quite like the flying in this, it feels (i imagine as i dont fly lol) more realistic than San Andreas was, in that you could perform some crazy things and pull out, this feels a bit more shaky, at least the plane i am in at the moment (gun running).

Edited by Killerchronic

holy shit, i finally managed to land the plane

i still don't fully understand the flying mechanics but i did find that holding down B to focus on the runway helps me line up the landing better

it also seems that lb and rb work well to do minor adjustments before landing

once i hit the ground i kinda just pressed all the buttons at the same time so i actually don't know which button actually slowed me down

i have notice a couple people have mentioned slowing the plane down before landing with the LT but that doesn't seem to slow my plane down when i use it

i have notice a couple people have mentioned slowing the plane down before landing with the LT but that doesn't seem to slow my plane down when i use it

It cuts the engines almost totally off, so depends how fast you come in and when you let go of RT. Unlike Passenger planes they dont go in reverse ;) So its a mix of air force and lack of forward power that slows you, glide it in basically. First time i did it i missed half the runway and as i didnt notice it was so close and still managed to land so its possible.

i am definately starting to get a bit better now but it's gonna take some serious practice to get good at it

i love flying but hate landing so i think my solution to the problem is to have fun flying around but when it comes time to vacate the plane i will just jump out and parachute safely to the ground...:)