Achievement Guide

MadcatNL

Quick question on 'Threading the needle' achievement.

According to guide the 'O' shaped piece comes away after taking out both of the engines on the Sentinal. This piece came at me after taking out the first engine.

Is it random?

You're totally right, replayed it myself to make a vid of the achievement and it comes after taking out the first engine. Was gonna amend that in the guide.

Update on the videos, I have put on of my video editors at work to make some pro edits of my streamed footage, so vids will take a bit longer (either Friday of next Tuesday), but they will be 100 times better.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the "Hot Potato" achievement, there is another way that it can be done without having to reload a level and can do it while going through your 1st playthrough.

[spoiler=hotpotato] On the level "Betrayal", which is the Jungle level after you meet Raven Darkholme in the Sytemised Cybernetics Lab for the first time, you start off on an ledge and have to make your way to the ground level.

From your starting position, move to the right and onto a colored floor pad with rope holding it. Once you have cut the rope that was holding a stone pillar in place, ride that piller down to the ground floor. From there, kill the Machete Master's clones and Shifters that stand in your way. Once you have done that, use the same stone pillar you came down on to raise the 2 stone pillars in the middle of the ground area pillars to get on the ledge on the other side. From the highest pillar, lunge to the Machete Master who is standing there to make it across to the opposite ledge. Kill him as you see fit.

Once that is done, move round the ledge to a stone pillar with flames on top. Kick it down from the ledge onto the ground and push/pull the piller to the spiked gate. Use the flaming pillar to light the torch on the left hand side to open the skulls mouth which is behind the gate. To open the spiked gate, move the flaming pillar to the pressure pad in front of the gate to open it up.

Go into the spiked gate and skulls mouth and you will come to a set of spikes coming out of the floor. Once you pass the first couple sets of spikes, you will be attacked by Shifters. Instead of attacking them right away, backtrack over the spikes to the area you were in with the flaming pillar. Then all you do is set yourself alight and grab the Shifters. For some reason, the flames does'nt kill them but everytime you grab them while on fire, it will count as one. All they will do once they have been set alight, they will run around flailing they're arms about and then you keep doing it again till you have your 20.

Side Note - Also what counts, if your lucky, while your grabbing one and setting it on fire, the other one will try to hit you - thus making themself on fire. Does'nt happen all the time.

Hope this helps a few people out :woop:

A little tip for the clean up on all aisles on, instead of hitting all the items yourself or simply dodging Dukes attacks to have him hit them, about halfway through the fight he will start running at you and then do a jumping tackle after which his is vulnerable to a lunge or grab where you jump on his shoulders and stab him while he runs around, when you're doing this it's much easier just to direct him into things.

question on the quick kills, everytime I try to do this the enemy kicks me or stops it, is there an easy way to get the three in a row and 20 total?

on the machete people you can quick kill right away. they dont have to be weakened. enemies tougher than that usually have to be weakened first. if you want you could just replay the first chapter part 1 and since they are so weak they'll be easy to beat. make sure u get to a checkpoint before u decide to restart.

question on the quick kills, everytime I try to do this the enemy kicks me or stops it, is there an easy way to get the three in a row and 20 total?

You have to wait after you pick them up, for the claws to flash, then press Y again, so its B, Y, (wait for claws to flash), then Y again. Its all about timing just like the Boomerang ach. Hope this helps!

Thanks MadcatNL! Fantastic guide :)

I just have some quick questions about the Clean up on all Aisles achievement.

-Are the trolleys considered as things to be destroyed? If so, at what point are they debris as nothing seemed to be happening when Blob was trying to pound me.

-There's a middle section behind the four walls with a line of counters. I tried to get Blob to run into these as well as steering him into them but they did not smash. Is this right?

Other than the above I cleared out everything else. So I'm not sure what else to do to get this achievement.

Thanks MadcatNL! Fantastic guide :)

I just have some quick questions about the Clean up on all Aisles achievement.

-Are the trolleys considered as things to be destroyed? If so, at what point are they debris as nothing seemed to be happening when Blob was trying to pound me.

-There's a middle section behind the four walls with a line of counters. I tried to get Blob to run into these as well as steering him into them but they did not smash. Is this right?

Other than the above I cleared out everything else. So I'm not sure what else to do to get this achievement.

When using the feral senses, whatever is yellow needs to be destroyed.

As for getting the blob to run into everything... you can destroy many of the items in the store with Wolverine alone. It might take a while, but I found it easier in a way.

I know your guide is complete and most people have 1000 but for those of you just starting I have WAAAAAY easier methods for some of the following achievements. When I say that I mean it. Great guide but I think you like doing things the hard way.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/928/UP4KJdY=.jpg Hot Potato 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Light 20 enemies on fire

Okay I actually discovered a formula for this one in the very first level. I'll actually give you a tally of how many enemies you can potentially light on fire.

After you push the Jeep down the hill and crash through the gate a barrel blows up and lights two guys on fire automatically. (2)

In this same area you'll notice 4 machete guys and about 5 or 6 gunners. Lunge at all the gunners and take them out first, this is important. Take out only TWO of the machete guys and it will spawn a Machete Master. Guess what? Get hit by the Machete Masters fire attack and lunge at the other two guys to set them ablaze. (2)

Now in the next portion you will be inside. There will be exactly 4 gunners on some stairs to the right and 4 machete enemies. This time do the opposite, Kill ALL FOUR machete enemies to spawn a Machete Master. Get hit by his fire attack and systematically take out each of the 4 gunners with lunge attacks. (4)

This is the final spot where you can light guys on fire. Progress the stage a bit more after the last part and you'll notice a wide open area where there are no enemies but guess what? A Machete Master spawns, instead of taking him out, take him for a walk a bit further through the stage. Get hit by his fire attack and lunge down the hole at the two gunners at the bottom. (2)

The Machete Master will follow you down the hole, this is the part where you have to grab the crank and bring it back across the tiny bridge. As you cross the bridge it spawns 3 machete guys. You know what time it is? That's THREE more guys right there. (3)

Grand total of enemies you can set on fire in the VERY FIRST LEVEL: 13!!

That means you only need to play the first portion of the first level twice to get this annoying achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/928/UP-Z5Fk=.jpgAerial Master 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Got 6 enemies airborne at once

Very first level again. As soon as you get to the part with the long ass bridge there's a convenient check point..hmmm wonder what that's for?

As you cross the bridge you'll get a cut scene of machete enemies trying to cut the bridge. All you need to do is back yourself up to where the break in the bridge is and block until all the machete guys surround you.

Jump in the air and hit Y then smash Y some more when you hit the ground in case you missed any one. It took me about 6 attempts to get it right and I was on level 18 when I did it...easy as hell. If you screw up, reload the check point, it takes 15 seconds to try again. The trick is to make sure that all of the machete guys are in an attacking animation because they have a tendency to jump in the air when you jump.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/928/UP45HMo=.jpgSlice n' Dice 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Killed 6 enemies with a single attack

See above achievement. Bridge in the first level again, all you gotta do is hold RT and press and hold X once all the machete guys surround you. POP.

I have officially discovered where these achievements are supposed to be done ;)

Thank me later.

Vids are added :woop:. Guide is (almost) done now. Will give it another read through later on and see if there are any things that can be done easier, or that can be clarified.

Aerial Master and Slice 'n Dice are achievable in a lot of places. Hot Potato is the easiest in the section as described in the achievement guide. Cause you can get it in the course of a normal playthrough.

i was just going to let you know that the "Drop Dead" achievement is actually unlockable in the very first level. in the very beginning scene a lot of machete guys come at you and you can just keep throwing them off the side of the cliff. i got about 8 there but i wasnt really trying. later on in the first level though i had another opportunity to throw some more machete guys off and i did and i got the achievement.

The trolleys aren't orange, but need to be destroyed. Let Dukes pound on them, or close by. A video will be following later for that and more achievements, as the edits are done now :). Just gotta upload em to Youtube and add them in the guide :)

Just the answer I need. I'm positive I had everything destroyed... except those trolleys. Nothing seemed to happen when Blob was smashing nearby, but I'll try again.

Thanks.

I have unlocked 45 achievements for this game. I only need to beat the game on hard, fully upgrade wolverines skills, find all dog tags ,raise the rest of my combat skills, and get the hot potato achievement. I seen someone mention they didnt know how to set enemies on fire. Just let the Machete Master that glows red to become enflamed then he will jump up and lunge at you and when he lands he will set you on fire and knock you back. Now while your on fire just lunge at any other enemies in the area to set them on fire excluding the Machete Master. Keep in mind you only have like 5 seconds before your fire burns out. when it does just repeat the sequence over.