Is anyone else scared of this game?

Madd Prerow

I wouldn't say the game itself is scary... But the fact that it represents a possible and not too distant future does give me the creeps.

Tranquility Lane deserves a mention on its own. That was a bad joke indeed. Jeez, I still remember how much bizarre I found it.

Edited by One Winged Joker

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say the game itself is scary... But the fact that it represents a possible and not too distant future does give me the creeps.

Tranquility Lane deserves a mention on its own. That was a bad joke indeed. Jeez, I still remember how much bizarre I found it.

Especially when you get the clown mask and act like that serial killer. :x creepy..

• 1 month later...

I'll be starting over on this game tonight.

It creeped me out sometimes but never really scared me.

Someone mentioned Bioshock. That was creepy in the same way as Fallout3 IMO.

LOL, I remember playing silent hill in the dark, late at night. That game scared the heck out of me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Oh lol no. Its far from scary please don't play Deadspace if you think this game is scary. :) ha ha lol.

I agree. I think it's got to do with the speed of the game. If you and the creatures could move faster I would class it as a scary game. The only creature that scares me are deathclaws because of how fast and hard to kill they are. They always shit on me!

And yeah, Dead Space is pretty scary. Probably as scary as you could get for a Video Game. Movies scare me way more though (not sure why).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It still freaks me out once in a while when I stumble across a couple deathclaws or a random group of yao guai come out of nowhere. I think the biggest thing I was "scared" of, I'd guess you'd say, was just the size of the game. It's very overwhelming the first time you play, trying to see everything there is to see.

• 1 month later...
if you want freaky, hook up your console to home theater system and play it in 5.1 surround sound. i've got noises coming out of my surround sound speakers that ive never heard before. throw in playing it at night and turning suddenly to see a deathclaw crawling up your butt and yeah, youll jump a few times out of your skin

Amazing how much you hear once you've got some decent speakers or headphones

So scary they come out of no where or they spawn right behind something. Man I get scared too easy never really cared for scary movies. It's just the look to some of the creatures that scare me.

What scared me the most was Charon dyiing all the time. Dogs or Yao Guai would come up and one shot him. I had to keep reloading my saves couldn't keep him alive then finally picked up Fawkes towards the end. He kind of makes it scary too he will run at me from around the corner. lol

• 3 weeks later...