Achievements Discussion

MikeS437

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I've gotten the worm...any tips for the moth? :D

all i did was hop into the VS grab the gattling gun on 1 arm then the rocket launcher on the other and just shoot its head. (i've heard people saying that the achievement doesnt unlock on easy,it didnt unlock for me) but i hope i helped:)

Not true, I've been blowing up spots for about 30 minutes. I have about 3 left and it's still not dying.

Worked for me! Oh, and when it dies, you'll hear the music playing, but it won't show itself until you go near it, and it'll pop up again out of the ground and then sink back under.

did you kill the moth?

edit: my bad, you actually have to get the laser vs gun at the top of the mountain before the spiral room then stand at the top of the mountain and every time it makes a pass over you, shoot its under side until it turns black and crashes into a wall and shatters into a million little icy shards.

now for my question

how do you get multi achievements such as "ace medal, elimination medal" and so forth? are they from winning matches of those game types or killing a number of enemies in those game types?

I got mine on the third go. Wasn't too hard really. I nicked the rocket launcher from the start area and went after him. Killed a few of the T-Eng spots and he went away and the music stopped, then came back fully replenished and it started up again. Then I got a rocket in his mouth and apparently that did the trick, he just crashed out on the floor and the music stopped.

Now I just have to finish the level...

so far ive done level 5 about 4 times and still havent gotten the "Moth Hunter" achievement. And after reading the forums and walkthroughs of the game i am convinced that the Moth is the last boss on that level ( when u go into the room with the blue ice column in the middle, then shoot that "door" that opens and u fall down to the boss battle) but at the very beggining of the level if u look up, u see the moth, and by the looks of it, the final boss doesnt look like the thing u see at the begining (or at least to me it doesnt).

can any1 please help me out because after doin this level so many times, ive grown quite sick of it:( .

did you kill the moth?

it is sitting at the top of the spiral room before the boss, the boss is not the moth and as such won't unlock the achievements

now for my question

how do you get multi achievements such as "ace medal, elimination medal" and so forth? are they from winning matches of those game types or killing a number of enemies in those game types?

thanks so much i was driving myself crazy tryin to figure it out:)

Your worm killing tactic is accurate but for 1 point -

It doesn't regenerate . . . . .

There are 2 worms, 1 by the steel barriers in middle third of map,

the other is at the far end by the boss battle shelter

If music goes quiet in the middle of the map your moving from the terratory of one worm to the other (groung stops shaking)

(You never see both at the same time coz they sense your motion in their own area)

When you kill 'it' theres one more coz the music goes off and comes on again

Try to target the 1st one coz you can go back to the start area more easily for good weapon pickups

Also explosives to the worms mouth work nice (risky tho)

hope this adds more info - regards steve36ty

ps - if you've got the stones - try kill both ;-)

Yes it does regenerate. I killed about 5 of them before getting bored.

PS- (This goes for all enemies). They can be killed without hitting them in the orange (heat) area. The orange is just a weak spot and makes it much easier. This means you could, in theory, kill the worm with bullets to its neck. I did it on accident after a few rocket rounds and grenades.

from what ive heard there beating the game on extreme and collecting all the markers. first off are those 2 confirmed? second for the collect all the marker one, do you have to collect all the markers in every difficulty? or can you just do it all in easy? input is appreciated :)

nice site B.T.W ;)