Achievement Discussion

JuSt BLaZe

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why you make sure not to miss one! I just didn't shoot any until I was ready to do them all in one go.

That's what I've been doing with collectibles like this ever since this happened to me. There was a thick layer of mist in front of the pigeon so I didn't see it and thought I had shot it already.

If there are MP achievements hopefully there aren't to bad and not like Wanted/Top The Midnight Club/Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic.

Don't really care about SP achievements. Well, not a fan of TBoGT's complete all missions 100% either but outside of that all are fine.

You can replay the missions over more than once going for different objectives. e.g. First replay you can go for accuracy then next replay you can go for beating the time. Not that hard really just takes more than one playthrough really for each mission. Just finished those today actually.

Thought of another achievement I would love to see. Something related with the pedestrians. Possibly run down 1000 with any vehicle. Sounds like a lot but it's not really when you think about how many we do run down over all the time we play.

You know what a really good achievement would be? To do every miscellaneous thing in the game. GTA IV didn't have one but you can do so many random things you could see in the stats page.

I've done everything at least once on PC but not on Xbox. I'm on about things like eating, nuts, burgers, drinking soda, giving money to hobo's, prostitute visits, binoculars used etc.

I know there are way more but that's all I can remember top of my head. Would be cool just doing a million random little things some even annoying on V. :p

I remember I spent nearly an hour just trying to find a hobo on IV who directly begs for money lol fuckers are always on the pier/fun park, but I've done that at least pnce now just for the fuck of it.

You should give me tips, I am stuck on the Ballad of Gay Tony campaign because you have to fly a helicopter and I hate it.

I wasn't always good at flying lol I sucked ass for weeks but practice in freeroam and it will help in missions. There are a few annoying requirements in some missions in Gay Tony but nothing that takes more than 2, 3 attempts.

I wasn't always good at flying lol I sucked ass for weeks but practice in freeroam and it will help in missions. There are a few annoying requirements in some missions in Gay Tony but nothing that takes more than 2, 3 attempts.

Quickdrawing the RPG guy in that Mori mission was the only part that took me a good 20-30 tries, I just could not do it until I looked up a guide

Quickdrawing the RPG guy in that Mori mission was the only part that took me a good 20-30 tries, I just could not do it until I looked up a guide

Yeah I just did the sticky bombs/sniper at the ready trick after I failed 5 times, worked like a treat. The blog this 1.30 min time limit is a fucker too.

YES I forgot about that one, that was some major BS. Again, impossible to me without a guide.

And sometimes even the video guides don't make any sense yet they work..for that 1.30min target, we had to drive on the opposite side of the booth tunnel with oncoming traffic to beat the time if you remember..and it worked too! Crazy..

• With the sheer size of the game im thinking instead of doing the typical find 100 hidden packages or pigeons, its going to increase to something around 250.
  • Three Protagonists will probably have their own individual achievements. Probably the first GTA title where you'd have to start again to gain a 100% completion? - Also with multiple endings this wouldn't surprise me.
  • Id also like to see separate unique jumps just for bikes etc.
  • Similar achievements to IV would be great;
    Fly under all bridges.
    Instead of the dart achievement they could do a hole-in-one or something with golf.

• With the sheer size of the game im thinking instead of doing the typical find 100 hidden packages or pigeons, its going to increase to something around 250.
  • Three Protagonists will probably have their own individual achievements. Probably the first GTA title where you'd have to start again to gain a 100% completion? - Also with multiple endings this wouldn't surprise me.
  • Id also like to see separate unique jumps just for bikes etc.
  • Similar achievements to IV would be great;
    Fly under all bridges.
    Instead of the dart achievement they could do a hole-in-one or something with golf.

The Three protagonists achievement, if they do have an achievement for everyone you can probably get them before the game ends, it would be rather annoying to play the game 3 times just to get individual achievements plus ending ones!

Also since there might be different endings Easiest way to get that achievement is make a new save and complete the game from there multiple times?

Yeah the mission I am stuck on is to steal some helicopter and then you have to use the helicopter to destroy these boats and I am stuck because I always land the helicopter in the lake on accident.

I'd like to see an achievement for spending like 15+ hours flying planes.

That's ALL I did in San Andreas. Never even started the story.

I'd just load up the game, get in a plane, put on some K-DST and fly..:cool:

Hells yeah. :blunt

Yeah the mission I am stuck on is to steal some helicopter and then you have to use the helicopter to destroy these boats and I am stuck because I always land the helicopter in the lake on accident.

Sexy time, lol. That mission is a bitch for most people at first. I stuffed the missiles and used the miniguns to destroy the 4 boats it's much easier, and as for you crashing in the lake.. well you need more practice!

If you get at the prefered altitude, all you need to do is hold the left stick forward and you will continually move forward at the same height, then you just have turning to do.

I'd like to see an achievement for spending like 15+ hours flying planes.

That's ALL I did in San Andreas. Never even started the story.

I'd just load up the game, get in a plane, put on some K-DST and fly..:cool:

That would be amazing. Perhaps an achievement for total time spent in air? That way helicopters and maybe a jetpack (fingers crossed) could be used.

The Three protagonists achievement, if they do have an achievement for everyone you can probably get them before the game ends, it would be rather annoying to play the game 3 times just to get individual achievements plus ending ones!

Also since there might be different endings Easiest way to get that achievement is make a new save and complete the game from there multiple times?

I do see how annoying replaying 30 hours of a game just to see an alternative ending can be. Maybe there's a save restriction when you're near the end? Say the last 3 missions are all progression based one after the next and take ~2-3 hours total to complete. Just to add to it being a dificult achievement.

Lets face it, how many people play GTA once and then thats it? I dusted off the PS2 to play GTAIII a while back :p

Im really interested to see how Rockstar takes the three protagonists in terms of incorporating it seamlessly into the storyline. I've got high hopes for this.

Sexy time, lol. That mission is a bitch for most people at first. I stuffed the missiles and used the miniguns to destroy the 4 boats it's much easier, and as for you crashing in the lake.. well you need more practice!

If you get at the prefered altitude, all you need to do is hold the left stick forward and you will continually move forward at the same height, then you just have turning to do.

Sexy time? Yeah that mission is really difficult. I do try using the missles. I don't know. I am going to try and go back to this and try and get past that mission eventually.