Tinker Video Guide

Compgeek_36

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like an idiot, I keep missing par on section 1 level 20 by about 4 seconds. Can't seem to shave them off even following video! Starting to get frustrated. Half the time I walk into a wall cause the game does move nearly as fast as I'm hitting buttons either. :(

I feel like an idiot, I keep missing par on section 1 level 20 by about 4 seconds. Can't seem to shave them off even following video! Starting to get frustrated. Half the time I walk into a wall cause the game does move nearly as fast as I'm hitting buttons either. :(

The game may have trouble running on your processor, I have found the game to run smoother, also allowing the keys to be more responsive and for you to move faster if you don't play in full screen. Also close any other programs you are not using.

You may or may also not know that you move faster by tapping the arrow key rather then holding it down. Good luck!

Apparently the Set 07 Level 19 issue has been 'escalated' says a moderator on the Games for Windows forum. Hopefully this might actually get fixed.

In fact, the thread has actually been stickied by the moderator. Good sign I guess.

Edited by Matictac

The game may have trouble running on your processor, I have found the game to run smoother, also allowing the keys to be more responsive and for you to move faster if you don't play in full screen. Also close any other programs you are not using.

You may or may also not know that you move faster by tapping the arrow key rather then holding it down. Good luck!

I knew about tapping. Game doesn't appear to run slow 99% of the time, but on the ones that have times that are really super difficult it seems to be most evident. I tried scaling down the window size, I finally got it, but I don't know if it was because of that or not. I honestly think the game may just be a little buggy with fast controls. I managed to just get it without a second to spare.

This is truly a tremendous post, especially since you made seperate links for all the levels! This saves a LOT of time searching on youtube, nice job!

:goodpost

That was exactly what i was thinking when i upload the vids, together with upload speed:Bounce:

Glad that everyone likes it, couldn't finish it at that speed without you guys, it took less than 3 days to have all the levels solved, uploaded, and posted. NOw if anyone wants to help out with world of goo, your welcome to it.

I can't, I spent all my msp for Shadow Complex and Worms 2 :(

Ok, I have a quick question regarding the "tapping" technique mentioned earlier in the post. Does anyone know if the keyboard that is used has anything to do with one's ability to be able to move faster? Because I am having a tough time beating Set 1 Level 20 under the par time. It says 40 sec. & I can't go faster than 46... I just want to know if it's me that is too slow or if I should try another keyboard. When I watch those videos he moves lighting fast & when I play mine goes half his speed. Just wanted to know if there is a reason. Thanks for all the videos by the way & for all your help.

Ok, I have a quick question regarding the "tapping" technique mentioned earlier in the post. Does anyone know if the keyboard that is used has anything to do with one's ability to be able to move faster? Because I am having a tough time beating Set 1 Level 20 under the par time. It says 40 sec. & I can't go faster than 46... I just want to know if it's me that is too slow or if I should try another keyboard. When I watch those videos he moves lighting fast & when I play mine goes half his speed. Just wanted to know if there is a reason. Thanks for all the videos by the way & for all your help.
no it doesn't, you just tap in sync with the robot, did some searching and try this video and tell me if it was easier and I'll post it in the links.

no it doesn't, you just tap in sync with the robot, did some searching and try this video and tell me if it was easier and I'll post it in the links.

Yes, thank you very much. I beat it under par time on my first try with the help of that video. Great job on everything & thanks again.

Built-in videos are recorded faster than the real game.

No problem, and I'm glad to hear it's helping people out,

Unfortunlatly I upgraded to windows 7, and thought I'd try the transfer wizard... thinking that it would copy all my saved games for GFWL... well it didn't :(

Now I have to replay all levels of tinker and World of Goo. Sigh

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Unfortunlatly I upgraded to windows 7, and thought I'd try the transfer wizard... thinking that it would copy all my saved games for GFWL... well it didn't :(

Now I have to replay all levels of tinker and World of Goo. Sigh

Guess you've replayed it already, but just in case - all data can be transferred manually if copy folders from your previous installation to a new one:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive

Also you can find other game data in the folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\

Thanks for the Tinker guide BTW - couldn't get perfect scores at everything.

Guess you've replayed it already, but just in case - all data can be transferred manually if copy folders from your previous installation to a new one:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive

Also you can find other game data in the folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\

Thanks for the Tinker guide BTW - couldn't get perfect scores at everything.

Thanks for the tip, but when I posted that message, the hard-drive in question had already been reformatted, with no hopes of recovery(zeroed the drive for resale).

and yes, I've already replayed the entire tinker set and waiting for the patch, and apparently FUEL or whatever the company calls themselves has released the patch and it's waiting for MS to verify

Edit: They had released the patch for a little while, but the patch itself was glitched, but apparently the working patch will be released on march 18. HUZZAH

Edit Edit: Apparently its not going to be released on the 18th, but apparently MS does have a patch for it... so we'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by Compgeek_36