Games that you don't like.. but wish you did!

Power House Alv

Hello everyone!

Have you ever played a game that you wanted to like but you just couldn't get into it? I've got one in mind; I've given it plenty of chances but could never get around to finishing it simply because I didn't like it.

The game I speak of is..

BIOSHOCK!

I really wanted to like this game but I really don't care for it. Normally I don't play games (or want to) that I don't like, but Bioshock is an exception. I really liked the environment and the story was pretty interesting, though the combat really pushed me away. It's not a bad game by any means, it's just not something I'm into, and I really wish I was.

Do you have any games that you wish you liked? For any reason like friends playing it, achievements, popularity, or interest in story (but not gameplay)?

Thanks & let me know below!Cheers!

Edited by Power House Alv

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two worlds (the first) I know its generally rated as a bad game but I really love open world RPG's and similar types of games, I just couldn't get past the graphics and bad voice acting. I go back to it from time to time to see if i can get into it but in the many times I have tried i never can.

I would also have to say Bioshock. I can't for the life of me put my finger on why though. All my mates liked it but I just couldn't get into it. I smashed Andrew Ryan in the face with the golf club. Laughed. And then never played it again. I like the look of the new one coming out though. Hopefully I won't feel the same way when I play it.

Two worlds (the first) I know its generally rated as a bad game but I really love open world RPG's and similar types of games, I just couldn't get past the graphics and bad voice acting. I go back to it from time to time to see if i can get into it but in the many times I have tried i never can.

I have to say, I used to feel exactly the same way! I never beat Two Worlds *possible spoilers* I only got to collecting two of the relic pieces and stopped playing it for two years. More recently, I decided to go back to it. By disabling Grass & Shadows as well as installing the game on my HD it became very playable. I've since completed it and really enjoyed it. It's got a lot of flaws, but it is a fun game if you're into the open world RPG aspects that it has to offer.

I second borderlands. I might have liked it better if I got it on release but I got it a month later and all my friends who I played with just rushed me through everything. Pretty boring.

Also wish I liked GTA IV. First GTA I didn't like including the ones pre3 and the handheld ones. I just found the game boring and hated the main character.

Bioshock 2. I liked Bioshock 1, can't get into the second one for some reason. About half way done and I'm not sure if I'll ever finish it.

Halo. Didn't like the first one. Haven't tried any of the other ones.

I also have Fallout 3 and Fallout NV. I played about 4 hours of New Vegas and it didn't really pull me in like other Bethesda games. I'll try to get into it again at some point.

Halo and Gears I suppose. I mean ended up buying the 360 for it's 3rd party games and better controller. But it'd be nice if I liked the big exclusives. I "don't mind" Forza and Fable, and have yet to play Alan Wake. (Actually on my console, just haven't got around to it yet.)

Also most horror games, I just don't find them scary, and therefore they're not fun for me. But once again, yet to play Alan Wake.