Ethics Questions - 100%ing Kane & Lynch

Boots Orion

Does it bother you when people claim to have 100%ed a game when they really haven't?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Does it bother you when people claim to have 100%ed a game when they really haven't?

• Yes! It completely infuriates me and they deserve to rot in Gehenna for eternity!
    • Yes, but Gehenna is pretty harsh. How bout Limbo?
    • Meh. I couldn't care less.Who are they bragging to anyway?
    • I find it sorta silly, but I would probably do the same thing (if I haven't already).
    • Not at all...in fact, I support their decision so much that I did it myself when I got to 1250.

This may have been asked on these forums before indirectly or maybe even directly, but my question is this:

Should people claim to have 100%ed Kane & Lynch when they have not obtained the two 0 gs multiplayer achievements (Celebrity & True Elite)?

Granted these are ridiculously challenging achievements but the fact that they are worth 0 gs doesn't matter to me. I personally think that if you do not actually have all of the achievements in a game, that you shouldn't claim to have 100%ed it. The only exception to this might be if a game has glitched achievements (NOT unavailable achievements due to server closures), but you have all the achievements that were EVER possible.

The reason I'm asking is that there are quite a few people on this site who have gotten the max GS out of this game (1250) but not all of the 52 achievements and yet they claim to have 100%ed it (check out this game's leaderboard if you don't believe me). IMHO, this is like someone claiming to have 100%ed Kameo without getting all of those pesky 0 GS achievements for it.

Do any of you have an issue with this? Please state your case either way.

NOTE: I am by no means a completionist - one look at my profile would tell you that. I just think it could be an interesting discussion, which is compounded by the fact that these are probably the two hardest 0 GS achievements we'll ever see on the XBOX 360.

Edited by Boots Orion

• 1 month later...

Lol this post is funny but true 0gs achievements count to completion that's why if you every check you completed games on the dash board of the Xbox 360 it won't be there. You might have felt you completed the game as you have the max gamer score on the game but most games that have the annoying 0gs do it in a way that makes it the Overachiever Award (Achievement) as not everyone will do it, as it is long, hard, pain taking and not always boostable. Eg Naruto: Broken Bonds, Kane & Lynch annoying online achievements that are worth nothing in GS but if you have it marks the sign of a True Elite Gamer

• 3 months later...

Let me shead some light on the situation there are 2 people who bosted there rank way past what is humanly possible to compete with, that means you cant die at all to even maybe someday be consided to get this unless you are willing to play literaly for years to become top on a different leaderboard and hope to god you didnt die more that a cupple times in order to have enogh what they call true skill to even play as one of them this is espacaly difficult to do becuse 95% of the time if your not the host you will die

It pretty much comes down to you got every acivement except the ones that are imposible this game is imposible to fully 100%

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm sure I read somewhere on this site that mods and admins considered this game complete without getting those two achievements. They are not skill based, and are now pretty much unobtainable due to how people have padded their stats beyond the realm of anyone who wished to play legit. Only hope would be a monthly leaderboard reset.

A few older games had leaderboard achievements (Quake anyone? good luck even finding a game, never mind getting anywhere near the top) but thankfully these sort of achievements have been fazed out.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
hi MY GT is hammycfc i was number one on xbox 360 and pc i am 31 in the world if you want to boost off me we can do it pc only add me hammycfc

i got the 2 0G on xbox am 1002 in world now

pc i got both 1 and 2 0G and am 31 in the world

if you need a boost i will help

I need it on xbox. Apparently the clan holds the tops spots and still boost to secure them. I messages the guy and he was a total dick.

• 4 weeks later...
hi MY GT is hammycfc i was number one on xbox 360 and pc i am 31 in the world if you want to boost off me we can do it pc only add me hammycfc

i got the 2 0G on xbox am 1002 in world now

pc i got both 1 and 2 0G and am 31 in the world

if you need a boost i will help

Hi hammycfc1888, I would like to ask you how did you get these spectacular achievements? Can you describe the method like how many console and account you have to use and how long did you spend in the game? I would like to follow your step. Thank you very much. :)

• 1 year later...

Its hard to say...

On COD i would say to really complete it you have to get the 10th prestige and that 0 achievements. Cause its not something that was so hard to do. Personally back then i was not that much of a COD player, i played yes but not to the point of doing 10th prestige. Yet i managed to max BO2 prestiges... because i played a lot of it and im pretty good. I wish there was an achievement for it, even 0G if needed.

On the other hand from what i hear those Kane and Lynch achievements are just leaderboard grinding and stupid, so should people count them? I doubt so...

I guess it depends on the 0G achievement... plain and simple.

And yes, there should be a rule that if there is any leaderboard achievements, its should be weekly at MOST, but even there, i think those would be stupid. Im glad they disapeared and very few games have them really... Im all for MP achievements if a game is good(COD, GOW, Halo etc) but as long as there fun and doable, and sadly COD almost never have them, Halo tend to go in the "stupid and luck based" ground wich i hate. Only GOW so far managed to do fair and nice achievemens beside the seriously 3.0 wich was too much, even for the biggest GearHEADs. I got it anyway, but i had to idle run the consol, grind some kills with heavy weapons and such, well even if you played tons of the game, you could never get all medal "legit"