The best Kinect PlayFit games/activites for calories.

yamayamayaamaa

I made this thread to help organize the best activities in each game to add PlayFit calories. Any help would be greatly appreciated and will be added to this post. I'll be taking info from the other thread and adding it into this thread also.

Official games:

Big League Sports

- Doesn't Work?

Deepak Chopra's Leela

-"Once you get Leela, do ONLY the "PLAY" side if you want any calories to count." (tmnterminator)

-"Leela: I've burned over 500 on Leela alone from just two sessions... try the harder ones on play, or do the last two on "sequence". I think intuition and power are the big 'burners'." (Dalek Nation)

-"as soon as I got to "Power", it jumped way up, and "Love" is giving just as many. " (DragonessAthena)

Dance Central 2

-"The calorie count isn't so much registered by movement but by song and difficulty" (Thee Elf)

Happy Action Theater

-Director Mode?

Junk Fu

-Just play as is.

Kinect Disneyland

-Works but don't know which specific minigame is the best.

Kinect Sports Season 2

-"I'd say an average of about 30 calories can be had completing a football game or tennis game (3 sets) as well. Darts is the worse, and skiing gives very little as well" (tmnterminator)

Kinect Star Wars

-"Even if you boot up Galactic Dance off right away without leaving the play area, you will sign in as a guest if you just continue. You HAVE to wave on sign in and choose your profile AGAIN before the song starts." (Benmahalf X)

-"it burns around 300 per completed story, so play through the story twice and you'll hit your 600 or should" (Adork4ble)

Let's Cheer!

-Works but don't know which specific minigame is the best.

Sesame Street Once Upon a Monster

-"when i got the calories to register it was on one of the mini games in chapter 2 or 3" (Blarghinator)

Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012

-Works but has same problem as Star Wars with the Kinect ID.

-"Keep activities short to lesson your chance at having the entire activitie's calories forfeited" (Dalek Nation)

Unofficial games:

Just Dance 3

-Adds total calories but doesn't count toward the "600 calories in 4 games" achievement.

Just Dance Greatest Hits

-Adds total calories but doesn't count toward the "600 calories in 4 games" achievement.

Edited by yamayamayaamaa

Great thread, yamayama; if I figure out which minigame in Kin Sports 2 is best I'll post here. I know each hole of golf gives about 7 calories, but I'll know more tomorrow.

Yep, I'd say an average of about 30 calories can be had completing a football game or tennis game (3 sets) as well. Darts is the worse, and skiing gives very little as well.

Sesame Street OUAM has been removed from Kinect Playfit. I now only see 10 games inside the app. It has also disappeared from the official Playfit page.

I had tried Sesame Street yesterday and today with no success. I tweeted XboxSupport about it with no response. Looks like MS decided to just get rid of it instead of fixing the issue.

Sesame Street OUAM has been removed from Kinect Playfit. I now only see 10 games inside the app. It has also disappeared from the official Playfit page.

I had tried Sesame Street yesterday and today with no success. I tweeted XboxSupport about it with no response. Looks like MS decided to just get rid of it instead of fixing the issue.

Yep, I noticed today that it was down to 10 games, though I couldn't tell which one it was. Hopefully, they add more.

Kinect Sports 2: My fave, golf, isn't a big calorie burner (no surprise). A nine hole set (front or back) is going to burn between 50(ish) and 70(ish) depending on how well you do (more strokes = more calories).

Tennis: Between 40 (for an easy opponent) and 60 (Pro opponent... can't beat a Champion). This will depend on (obviously) how many times you had to swing. Fastest way I've found so far is beating a Pro, as Tennis matches are quick, so about 50 cal. per five-ten minutes.

Edited by Dalek Nation
added info

I've come to the conclusion that Happy Action Theater no longer works and should probably be removed from PlayFit. I've been playing this piece of shit everyday and it just won't count anymore calories. I'm stuck at 151.

That's a shame as I'd heard (at the begining) a lot of big calorie wins for that one. It could be the Kinect ID problem like what effects Your Shape'12 (my nemesis). However, a lot of the early big calorie burners bragged they just sat around with friends with HAT running and got tons of calories, if this were a Kinect ID issue I'd think having a group of people would make it worse.

However, u aren't the first to complain that HAT has completely stopped; this coupled with Sesame Street game coming down off the supported list could mean bad things to come for our little app..... really need to see something added to that list.

I know this doesn't help those of you who are having issues, but I never had any issue with PlayFit counting calories from Happy Action Theater or Your Shape 2012.

For Your Shape 2012, I've found that the "Lose It" and "Keep it Off" DLC add-ons were quite good in burning calories that actually registered in PlayFit.

I know this doesn't help those of you who are having issues, but I never had any issue with PlayFit counting calories from Happy Action Theater or Your Shape 2012.

For Your Shape 2012, I've found that the "Lose It" and "Keep it Off" DLC add-ons were quite good in burning calories that actually registered in PlayFit.

What you mini-game did you play on Happy Action Theater? I finally got a couple calories to count on there by idling/playing the monster attack mini-game but it's still gonnna take awhile to get 600 at this rate.

Edit: I finally figured this game out. The only way you're gonna burn calories is by idling in the monster attack mini-game. I've since earned 371 calories since this post earlier by just sitting on my bed while I let the game run in the background. I've walked out of my room a couple times and it still counted calories. The game rewards you for doing nothing instead of actually doing something. :confused: Go figure.

Edited by VVh1pCr3am

What you mini-game did you play on Happy Action Theater? I finally got a couple calories to count on there by idling/playing the monster attack mini-game but it's still gonnna take awhile to get 600 at this rate.

I would play through one entire rotation of the various games, starting with the balloons. When it got back to the balloons, I'd quit out.

I made sure to actually move around during the game, though. I wasn't able to let it idle and rack up calories.

Ahh, that makes sense. I just bought that DLC bundle last week when it was on sale and wondered why my PlayFit calorie tracking had improved so much when using YSFE '12. I've mostly been using the content of those two add-on items since buying it.

Amazingly, Disneyland Adventures still remains my greatest PlayFit calorie-burning contributor. I wish I could report which attractions/activities provided the best calorie-burning scores, but I have no clue. I just happened to be in the midst of playing that game when PlayFit launched. If I remember right, almost 2600 calories burned prior to PlayFit's release had imported to PlayFit the first time I launched the PlayFit app. Currently, almost 4,000 of my total PlayFit calories burned come from that game.

I'll have to buckle down and rent Disney Adventures, heard several people say its a good way to earn quick points.

Junk Fu: I've figured out that you can swing both arms in wide circles (higher up and down the better) and get all the way to 20 calories before even worrying about missing any junk because you will essentially just play through every 'bonus' round up to hamburger (almost). From there you have to watch for the 'kickables', but if you have the endurance continuing to swing your arms in circles will get 90% of all junk (besides kickables, of course) all the way to the 35 calorie mark. From there the swinging arms doesn't work as well as they tend to hide one directly behind the other opn the left side and this one can be missed.

Daily I do a few rounds of Fu taking each round to about 50 calories before giving up (this mad swining is rough on the arms). Daily I lose about twenty calories which don't get counted, but I get a t least a hundred up there which is pretty good considering how fast each round is (I basicly zip straight to having 20 calories).

I'll have to buckle down and rent Disney Adventures, heard several people say its a good way to earn quick points.

Junk Fu: I've figured out that you can swing both arms in wide circles (higher up and down the better) and get all the way to 20 calories before even worrying about missing any junk because you will essentially just play through every 'bonus' round up to hamburger (almost). From there you have to watch for the 'kickables', but if you have the endurance continuing to swing your arms in circles will get 90% of all junk (besides kickables, of course) all the way to the 35 calorie mark. From there the swinging arms doesn't work as well as they tend to hide one directly behind the other opn the left side and this one can be missed.

Daily I do a few rounds of Fu taking each round to about 50 calories before giving up (this mad swining is rough on the arms). Daily I lose about twenty calories which don't get counted, but I get a t least a hundred up there which is pretty good considering how fast each round is (I basicly zip straight to having 20 calories).

I've noticed the same thing but I throw my legs in the mix as well. I basically start off with only 1-2 real objects then hit the bonus round almost all the way to the pizza round before I have to start playing.

Re: Disneyland Adventures, I have a friend who got 1000gs in it. He enjoyed it. He said it wasn't too hard, but very time consuming, like 60 hours to complete because of many activities to complete. So if you're a completionist, just be aware.

Re: Junk Fu, this TA solution gives a method for fooling the game without too much effort. Basically, you sway a towel back and forth at waist level, I'd say at a slow-medium pace. I've gotten over 50 calories every time without much exertion. Incredibly boring though; I'm having a much better time with Kinect Sports 2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I believe Dance Central 2 is one of the best games for calories. You'll get about 25 cal for two songs. You can have around 300 cal for a 1 and a half session

Number of calories is different for every person. It's all based on weight you entered.. so technically if you put in a much higher weight you can 'cheat'.