Achievement Discussion

Barad

• 4 weeks later...
Hmmm looks like a decent 1000 :gsicon: list but I don't like the Without killing/raising alarm/being caught once...achievements.

You kidding?!? Love those, too bad it's only certain levels, loved having to do Deus Ex and Dishnoured in their entirety without getting my hands dirty. Can't wait to schneak schneak, so much more tension. :p

loved having to do Deus Ex and Dishnoured in their entirety without getting my hands dirty. so much more tension. :p

Having the ability to save when a tough part was coming up and being able to jump back 30 seconds-5 minutes really killed any tension for me. Any slip up could be erased in seconds. Felt more like a chore than feeling like a pro.

Haven't played 2033 so I don't know if this franchise has a similar thing.

Something like Splinter Cell: Conviction's Perfect Hunter achievement was tense. One badly timed cover switch and it was either dropping the enemy before they could shout or going back 20 minutes to start all over again.

Looking forward to this, though the list is rather uninspiring on paper.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to do an achievement guide, leave a reply and send me a PM.

Some like the musical instruments are missable, I believe. I need to ask the studio if diary pages count if you miss them, and then find them when replaying a chapter.

You will need a minimum of two playthroughs: one for non-lethal and one for killing 100+ enemies. Some achievements like saving up military grade rounds can be done in a non-lethal playthrough where you won't use weapons and ammo as much.

im sure its going to be really busy around here next week. im getting very excited for tuesday and to start seeing whats behind getting these done. im going to go for three playthroughs, first will be ranger easy, i will take my time and try to explore as much as possible. next ill do a ranger hardcore using as much stealth and going for those related achievements.then finnaly i will do one more of exploring trying to be sure to wrap everything up in the game. mind you i will also have to let my son get a playthrough in next weekend.

i defifnitly wont be close to the top of any leaderboards with this one.

Edited by deluxnugs

So Im on the boat with one guy... and I get attacked by the creeps and there's qte, which is not displayed in ranger mode... can you help me what to press to move forward? I just keep dying.

nvm found it... quickly tap x

Edited by ZERATUL PL

It looks like there is some sort of bug that prevents people from getting the Ranger achievements when completing the game on Ranger Hardcore :(

We're looking into what we can do about that, because it sucks not to get the achievement after finishing it.

Does anybody know what the secret achievements are?

Story related achievements (contains spoilers) - as follows:

Within a Hair of Death 10G

Escape from the Red Line

Big Momma 20G

Kill the Rhino

Savior 20G

Remove your mask when Lesnitsky demands it

Nobody's Home 10G

Ignore the phone call in the Anomaly

Secret 10G

Find out about the Reds' plans

Revenge 35G

Kill Pavel

Forest Guardian 20G

Save the Bear from the Watchmen after the fight

Revelation 25G

Make Moskvin tell the truth with help from the Dark One

C'est la vie 80G

Destroy D6

Redemption 100G

Save D6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thinking about for my second playthrough going for the Ranger Hardcore, Save D6, Shadow Ranger, Ever Vigilant and the Musical Instruments.

To those that have done these, does this seem possible or am I better off leaving some for another playthrough?

Ranger Hardcore with Redemption (Save D6), Ever Vigilant, and Musician is very doable. If you do all the exploration for the musical instruments and to find the traps, without killing, you'll get Redemption easily enough. Just make sure to listen to NPCs and do as much as you can in any level.

Edit:

Looks like a tester confirmed that you can kill the enemies in Chase (the train level). Haven't tested that myself I'm afraid. Here is a way to beat Chase with just punching people:

Edited by Pew

Ranger Hardcore with Redemption (Save D6), Ever Vigilant, and Musician is very doable. If you do all the exploration for the musical instruments and to find the traps, without killing, you'll get Redemption easily enough. Just make sure to listen to NPCs and do as much as you can in any level.

Edit:

Looks like a tester confirmed that you can kill the enemies in Chase (the train level). Haven't tested that myself I'm afraid. Here is a way to beat Chase with just punching people:

Thanks! Yeah, I was just worried that with exploring I'd set myself to fail a lot with the difficulty. I plan on watching a lot of video guides and following text guides too, to make sure I don't miss anything. I was worried about the NPC's but I think I should be good...

Awesome! Thank you for that, I was worried about that level..

• 1 month later...