News

SPNKr M19

halo 4????????????

I can't see it being Halo 4 in the sense of it following the Master Chief, but I think it will be set in the Halo universe, maybe following a squad of Marines or something like that. I think it would be good to see a GRAW style squad shooter, but with a better interaction with vehicles and more open maps. I just hope another company come in and try and make a Halo clone just to make easy money off the name.

I just hope another company come in and try and make a Halo clone just to make easy money off the name.

I would rather no more Halo than a cheap knockoff made without help from bungie.

It could follow one of the other spartans maybe Kelly or whatever here name is, the one that went of with Dr Halsey after Halo CE.

I still like my idea of them working on the mysterious ending to Halo 3 though.

Yeah I noticed this on Bungie this morning i was really confused. I heard a lot about the arg and stuff. Though my friend said after reading the books the vehicle chief is on is in bound to planet onyx where a few of the last spartans remain. Maybe its time to see what its like on onyx with others. No more halo maybe onyx haha?

Yeah I noticed this on Bungie this morning i was really confused. I heard a lot about the arg and stuff. Though my friend said after reading the books the vehicle chief is on is in bound to planet onyx where a few of the last spartans remain. Maybe its time to see what its like on onyx with others. No more halo maybe onyx haha?

I like that idea. Just a quick wuestion though, are the spartans on Onyx from the Spartan II program or Spartan III, because they never met each other and John (Master Chief) being a Spartan II meeting the Spartan III's would be weird. Maybe Dr Halsey is there too.

• 3 weeks later...
So this is essentially Halo 2.5?

From what I have heard, yes. You enter orbit just after Regret jumps away from New Mombasa in Halo 2.

This is still supposed to run on the Halo 3 engine and you can't play as the ODST in online multiplayer. That will be left to the spartans. The mythic map pack is set to release early 2009 and more maps to come with Halo 3: Recon.

You should watch the trailer that they released on bungie.net (visit here and follow links), it shows the ODST wielding a new gun to.

Gotta love bungie.

Can't wait till fall 2009.

Edited by SPNKr M19

Bungie will release two expansion packs for Halo 3 in the upcomming year. There will be Halo 3: Recon and the mythic map pack.

The mythic map pack contains:

Assembly (Purple Reign)

Citadel (unknown covenant-set map)

Heretic (unknown covenant-set map)

Orbital (human-set map aka Moonbase)

and will most likely earn you all the remaining achievements post TU2.

Halo 3: Recon, however,comes complete with a new campaign, and you will play as an ODST.

The story starts with you entering orbit just after Regret jumps away from New Mombasa in Halo 2.

This is still supposed to run on the Halo 3 engine and you can't play as the ODST in online multiplayer. That will be left to the spartans. However being a bungie game, I'm sure they will release more stuff for online play.

The release dates are currently:

Mythic maps are coming out in January 2009.

Halo 3: Recon is coming out in October 2009.

You should watch the trailer that they released on bungie.net (visit here and follow links), it shows the ODST wielding a new gun to.

Gotta love bungie. Can't wait till fall 2009.

About the achievements, no one at bungie has been very clear on this, however, I believe, from what I've heard, after the mythic map pack releases, all Halo 3 achievements should be obtainable. Halo 3: Recon should come complete with a new 1000g.

That's all I know for now. You really should watch the trailer. It is awesome.

I can't see it being Halo 4 in the sense of it following the Master Chief, but I think it will be set in the Halo universe, maybe following a squad of Marines or something like that. I think it would be good to see a GRAW style squad shooter, but with a better interaction with vehicles and more open maps. I just hope another company come in and try and make a Halo clone just to make easy money off the name.

I could not agree more

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't like GRAW. I like the unrealistic gameplay from Halo, being superhuman, and i hope they manage to bring that aspect in somehow.

Maybe he is a Spartan from Spartan I or Spartan III (maybe lost Spartan II) but they stuck him in an ODST suit because they were running out of resources.

^^^^^^^^^^^

I like that idea!

Don't forget though the marines in the Halo games can still take a bit of punishment and seeming as though ODST's are super-marines there must be a higher threshold for pain then graw or vegas.

To me those games serve their purpose, but there are enough games and companys that make those games. Halo has always been a bit easier to play and where other games are about stealth, Halo is about your timing (mele, grenade). It would be nice to have to strategise a bit more (like that section in Tsavo Highway; where there are tons of brutes, and you get pinned down for ages because of two phantoms full of the apes), but no where near the point where advancing 10 meters becomes impossible.