Spartan Ops Info and Discussion * Episode 5 Released *

Clueless

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple questions about XP and Spartan Ops.

1. Does difficulty effect how much XP you get?

2. Do you get just as much XP from doing older episodes with a group in a custom party as you do from matchmaking on the current episode?

1) not that I've noticed.

2) matchmaking (find a game) gives you twice what you would get as play a chapter

I was getting 2.2k on e1c2 on my own (play a chapter) and 4.5 under find a game.

It doesn't bother me much either way I make more than I do than I do in war games. And you can target what commendations you go for. I play chapters to take out more enemies, like hunter achievement this week. And if xp is what I'm after and I have a dew or Doritos 2x, I play the best scoring current episode chapter. Making just shy of 6k w/o and 11.5k w/ 2x in "find a game".

Edited by PervasiveFall8

Do you think we will be able to find matchmaking games on all Episodes after they are all released?

I wouldn't bet on it, but I suppose it's possible. I'd personally hate to only have Episode 10 for matchmaking until/unless they release a season 2. And since any season 2 of Spartan Ops is likely to be paid DLC they should leave season 1 matchmaking available. Cause not everyone will buy it.

Very interesting. I really like how they have incorporated this into Halo. I'm not very good at War Games and MP; and Spartan Ops, and these episodes really suck me into long term play. I can actually keep up with my son, because of them. Not to mention it was the story that has kept me.

I can't wait to see where it is going.

Very interesting. I really like how they have incorporated this into Halo. I'm not very good at War Games and MP; and Spartan Ops, and these episodes really suck me into long term play. I can actually keep up with my son, because of them. Not to mention it was the story that has kept me.

I can't wait to see where it is going.

Agreed. I don't typically get into MP, so S.O. is a great way to keep interested in the game.

I'm just now starting on S.O. as I wanted to get Solo Leg done in campaign first. I think I need to get in high gear so I can get into the current S.O. episodes. Good stuff so far.

Holy Crap! I've never been so overrun with enemies as in Spartan Ops Episode 3. Chapters 3 and 4 on Valhalla are insane! Nothing like a dozen hunters at a time plus many elites and 4 or 5 banshees at a time.

Just when you think you've cleared the area....two more phantoms come in with a whole new barrage of enemies.

I did Legendary Solo and it kicked my ass! Good thing for the infinite spawns.

Still fun though! :uzi:

Holy Crap! I've never been so overrun with enemies as in Spartan Ops Episode 3. Chapters 3 and 4 on Valhalla are insane! Nothing like a dozen hunters at a time plus many elites and 4 or 5 banshees at a time.

Just when you think you've cleared the area....two more phantoms come in with a whole new barrage of enemies.

I did Legendary Solo and it kicked my ass! Good thing for the infinite spawns.

Still fun though! :uzi:

:woop:

Haha you aren't alone, solo legendary'd it myself, was totally bonkers but heaps of fun. Who would have thought from playing multiplayer that a single mantis pwns 6 hunters/6 phantoms/12 banshees & a wraith.

Loved the introduction cutscene again, its telling a fantastic sub story.

"first we taught them to be silent' date=' then we taught them to be spartans..."[/size']

Just makes you feel Halo 4 as package is pretty damn impressive, so glad I bought the LE 343i have made drab winter Mondays heaps of fun.

P.S. heres this weeks RVB easter egg...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-2RJbz048]Halo 4 - RvB Easter Egg Number 3 - YouTube[/ame]

So far I like what I see. I haven't started playing yet, but I see what maps we're playing on. I like that Quarry is the one they're returning us to. That's been my favorite level so far (and I really hope the Gauss 'Hog is back again.)

I like that they're using Multiplayer maps as well. A little tired of it from multiplayer, but I imagine playing it against Covenant will be a whole new experience (and it will be nice having a tactical knowledge of the battlefield in advance.) I'm a little disappointed they re-used it twice in the same episode, not to mention twice in a row.

As for the Cutscene, absoultely gorgeous as usual. Excited to see Dr. Halsey return, though it still pains me to see the way she's being treated. I guess every War has it's victims though. Just sad to see how they treat the woman that saved the Human Race from existence. I am glad, however, to see that the Covenant are still playing a role since they were extremely overlooked in the Campaign. It looks like they're playing off of the first terminal and taking advantage of the Traviss Trilogy, so I'm hoping to see Kilo-Five show up in one of the next few episodes. It's actually kind of intimidating that the Covenant know how to effectively use Forerunner technology to this level. They warped a scientist out of the ship and I imagine they could probably use it to warp into it just as easily (I get the feeling the Infinity will be a level in a later episode. Wonder if it'll be original or if they'll re-use portions of the Campaign on it.)

Wow ... this episode is a boatload of suck. I'm playing this on Legendary solo and died at least 30 times each level. The part where you get the mechs and all the Banshees are flying around, I couldn't get in one because every time I tried, I would get raped by Banshee bombs during the long ass cutscene to hop into a mech.

I am, however, enjoying where the story is going.

Waypoint has loaded up the Episode 4 trailer.

This week on Halo 4: Spartan Ops -- An unknown intelligence contacts Doctor Halsey, Thorne tries to understand the history of the Spartan Program, and the Sangheili terrorist known as "The Didact's Hand" appears on Requiem... but what is he searching for? Spartans, prepare for things to get rough on Requiem.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q17P6gOBFUY]Spartan Ops Episode 4 Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by LickableLemons7

I love Episode 3 man. It feels so much bigger that 1&2. The part where you fight all the waves of incoming bashees, wraiths, and phantoms in the Mantis? Awesome! I had to do it on easy or normal because my wife was playing with me, but I'm looking forward to doing it on legendary. Somehow it felt grander in scope than the similar fight in the campaign toward the end. Not to mention episode 3's LONG cinematic. Freaking fantastic. I also like how they incorporated multiplayer maps into Spartan Ops. I didn't like it in Reach for multiplayer, but tying S.ops into familiar grounds somehow feels better than putting the MP on campaign areas (or designing them for use in both as it were). Can't wait for Ep 4&5!